• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

I could give a **** hat the players do or what the President says it does not effect my life.
That said I applaud Tomlin to make this about football and not about who stands and who doesn't,

the only thing I will say is if the Steelers don't want any part of this NA hoopla, they why wouldn't they be out there like they have done and said they would, stand for the anthem? I like most of CMT comment, but he contradicts his previous statements about standing as a team. I think this creates a whole bunch of controversy that they are trying not to create.

It would be silly to think nobody on the team wants to make a statement, so I think the team would rather be in the locker room than run the risk of someone protesting and others being offended. This way, the team doesn't have to run risk of division. Listen to Tomlin, you can hear that in his statements.

Nothing to do with Trump. He called them son of a ******* who should be fired for peaceful protest. **** you guys are delusional.

You go to your job and peaceful protest? Sorry but this is at your work. Id ******* fire people too. Do that horseshit on your own time. ******* oppressed my ***. You want oppressed go to north Korea or any communist country that's oppressed. Any poor Muslim women under sharia..that's oppressed.

******* spoiled millionaire idiots. If not for the fans you ***** would be flipping burgers.

WTF!!! Who's idea was it and had tocforce the team to do this. Great idea! Piss off 95% of born American fans. I'm sick to my Stomach. I'm a fan for 45 years and last week might of been my last game. They better rethink this.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update with Mike Tomlin's explanation on the Steelers staying in the locker room for the national anthem. <a href="https://t.co/9rUDCfJG28">https://t.co/9rUDCfJG28</a> <a href="https://t.co/eAEWjKap3y">pic.twitter.com/eAEWjKap3y</a></p>— Jacob Klinger (@Jacob_Klinger_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacob_Klinger_/status/911983166444974080">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just love how fans think players are privileged. Like they havent worked hard to be where they are. Anybody could do it I guess. THEY PUT IN WORK TO BE WHERE THEY ARE AND TO STAY THERE.

I really wish people would get that the 1st Amendment right to free speech DOES NOT apply to the workplace! You do not have a right to say or do anything you want while on company time or using company property. I've been in HR for over 20 years - trust me on this. I dare anyone to try to do a "peaceful protest" while at work on company time. It won't work out well for you.

I have no problem with these athletes protesting on their own private time, out of taxpayer subsidized stadiums. But the reality is that these cure protests are lazy. If these athletes really cared and gave a damn, they would go out to their communities and work there to create awareness if that's what they feel is necessary. Or how about going out with police to see things from their point of view? But nah, they would rather kneel or raise a hand and think they are actually doing something. Lazy.

These players are the height of hypocrisy, they enjoy privileged lifestyles afforded by this country, while protesting against that which allows them the lifestyle they enjoy. I would respect them much more if they just decided to walk away from the game in protest, maybe even the country they seem to hate.

This line, quoted often by Tomi Lahren, Fox News, and Trump, entirely misses the point of the protest.

And before we get into this, I don't agree with the protests either. Like the great Jim Brown, I feel that it's an inappropriate time/place. But I respect their right to do it. I wouldn't burn a flag either. I was ON THE 38TH PARALLEL WHEN KIM 2 EXPLODED HIS FIRST NUKE. That was a long week.

The point of the protests is the fact that these players have privilege. And they have said as much. They have a voice that most people don't. And rather than run from their civic responsibilities, as the Michael Jordans of the world have, they want to use it to do some good. I find it HIGHLY IRONIC that the same people who have a major beef with the Black player protests are the same ones who were SO OUTRAGED at the criticism of Tim Tebow for bringing his faith/politics into the NFL. And his reasoning was exactly the same: he has a platform that most people like him don't. So he feels a responsibility to represent those people BECAUSE HE CAN.

I'm ambivalent. I understand the rationale but it also feels cowardly to me. I'm surprised all of the players agreed to it, both the ones who want to stand and the ones who don't.

I want politics removed from this sport I love. Enough is a ******* enough.

I am always in the middle and nothing has changed here.

I will turn the game on when the game is playing.

And **** whoever doesn't stand for the flag.

I wish everyone who disrespected the flag would take off and go live in another country and see how that works out for your sorry ***.

I will be glad when this media driven bullshit is done with.

Easy to say now, but if more continue to leave, you and I, players and owners won't have a product left either.

I really wish people would get that the 1st Amendment right to free speech DOES NOT apply to the workplace! You do not have a right to say or do anything you want while on company time or using company property. I've been in HR for over 20 years - trust me on this. I dare anyone to try to do a "peaceful protest" while at work on company time. It won't work out well for you.

I have no problem with these athletes protesting on their own private time, out of taxpayer subsidized stadiums. But the reality is that these cure protests are lazy. If these athletes really cared and gave a damn, they would go out to their communities and work there to create awareness if that's what they feel is necessary. Or how about going out with police to see things from their point of view? But nah, they would rather kneel or raise a hand and think they are actually doing something. Lazy.

How about taking a knee for the thousands and thousands of young black males being slaughtered in the streets year after year. Why because it doesn't fit a political agenda.

Tim Tebow oh well thats different

Don't let the door hit your ***. I'll always stand by the Steelers, you can go watch Trump play endless rounds of golf. It's a free country.

I made it through the Vick "experiment". I can make it through this also. I've been a Steeler fan since 1972. My ire lies more with the entire NFL. This is but one piece of the crap that they have been shoveling.

21761671_10211981302262509_2088478599204341169_n.jpg

No dickface Potus made that happen. Pandering to the worst in people. Steelers or Trump. Take your pick people.
It's not their place to force Us to choose. I'm with Trump when he tell nfl teams to fire these idiots who don't understand what the flag stands for. If the Steelers don't come out for the National Anthem when they have a Vet on the team I will be finished with them. 45 years a fan. Don't disrespect the people who have given their lives for a bunch of cry babies. **** them **** the NFL, **** every player who doesn't stand for our fallen. **** YOU STEELERS IF THIS IS TRUE!!!! Sorry guys this just make me feel as if we're worthless and the team doesn't even care what we think. I be watching if they come out.

As a US Veteran, I believe these players have a right to their opinion and can do as they please, it does not effect me in any way. That being said, I also have the right to do as I please also. I feel very strongly that there are just some times that you do not turn a moment into a personal political/religious stand. A funeral, wedding and when the National Anthem is being played is not the time or place for it.

I will, for the first time in my life, turn off the game that the Steelers are playing in. There have been many times over the years where I could not watch for one reason or the other, but I have NEVER turned off a game intentionally. This will be a first, and by the looks of things, may not be the last.

Again, I respect these players right to protest in the manner they choose, I just believe it is extremely disrespectful time to do it. I would feel differently if it were being done by conscripted slaves being used as cannon fodder while being the denied the rights that are afforded to those they are being enslaved by.

These players are the height of hypocrisy, they enjoy privileged lifestyles afforded by this country, while protesting against that which allows them the lifestyle they enjoy. I would respect them much more if they just decided to walk away from the game in protest, maybe even the country they seem to hate.

I take this to be face value of what he said. Individuals seek to divide us. We refuse to be divided. They are not going to put protest on display so as to be divided. Each man will do what he wants in private according to his conceince. You are free to take it any way you want. You can shut off the game. You can quit being a fan. Your choice.

I'm glad the whole team isn't coming out. Good move. This political **** just needs to go. I watch it to get away from the world for enjoyment of football. My dad refuses to watch the NFL period he's done with it. That's 50 years poof. And trust me you will NEVER get him to watch again.

I brought this up in the other thread, and I'll bring it up here: Did you feel the same way when Tebow was dragging politics/religion into the game?

Yes I did. 100%

I don't even watch the news.

I watch the Steelers and hockey, and baseball and other sports and movies and work.

I don't want to see any of this ridiculous bullshit agenda on Sundays. Do that **** on CNN wherever.

I turn on the ******* TV to watch sports not to watch what your or anyone else's bullshit politics.

As a US Veteran, I believe these players have a right to their opinion and can do as they please, it does not effect me in any way. That being said, I also have the right to do as I please also. I feel very strongly that there are just some times that you do not turn a moment into a personal political/religious stand. A funeral, wedding and when the National Anthem is being played is not the time or place for it.

I will, for the first time in my life, turn off the game that the Steelers are playing in. There have been many times over the years where I could not watch for one reason or the other, but I have NEVER turned off a game intentionally. This will be a first, and by the looks of things, may not be the last.

Again, I respect these players right to protest in the manner they choose, I just believe it is extremely disrespectful time to do it. I would feel differently if it were being done by conscripted slaves being used as cannon fodder while being the denied the rights that are afforded to those they are being enslaved by.

First. Thank you for your service. Second, explained perfectly. If someone has an opinion and I hear it on twitter or the tv I can deal with that. But there's a time and place for that. This is not the time nor place. I have lots of yard work I'm behind on and I'm sure my wife will be thrilled to see me get caught up on it.

About 30 minutes left to see if I watch another minute of NFL football.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yes I did. 100%

I don't even watch the news.

I watch the Steelers and hockey, and baseball and other sports and movies and work.

I don't want to see any of this ridiculous bullshit agenda on Sundays. Do that **** on CNN wherever.

I turn on the ******* TV to watch sports not to watch what your or anyone else's bullshit politics.

That's a fair position, and I respect it. I don't know if it's realistic, but it is fair.

How about taking a knee for the thousands and thousands of young black males being slaughtered in the streets year after year. Why because it doesn't fit a political agenda.

Most of that is from violence in their community. See LA or Chicago.

As for who the cops who are usually proven in the right act against the data shows it's overwhelming whites.

It's not their place to force Us to choose. I'm with Trump when he tell nfl teams to fire these idiots who don't understand what the flag stands for. If the Steelers don't come out for the National Anthem when they have a Vet on the team I will be finished with them. 45 years a fan. Don't disrespect the people who have given their lives for a bunch of cry babies. **** them **** the NFL, **** every player who doesn't stand for our fallen. **** YOU STEELERS IF THIS IS TRUE!!!! Sorry guys this just make me feel as if we're worthless and the team doesn't even care what we think. I be watching if they come out.

People didnt die in war to force people to be blindly patriotic. They died to protect FREEDOM. Freedom isnt doing exactly what your neighbor wants. In fact in WW2 it was blind patriotism that they fought.