• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

I'm glad the whole team isn't coming out. Good move. This political **** just needs to go. I watch it to get away from the world for enjoyment of football. My dad refuses to watch the NFL period he's done with it. That's 50 years poof. And trust me you will NEVER get him to watch again.

so you think them not coming out will stop the political bullshit? lulz

k

It will fuel it. Because the idiots with the agenda will spin it that the Steelers agree with their bullshit, just watch.

I just love how fans think players are privileged. Like they havent worked hard to be where they are. Anybody could do it I guess. THEY PUT IN WORK TO BE WHERE THEY ARE AND TO STAY THERE.

They call me privileged even though I wasn't...just because I'm white.

Most of that is from violence in their community. See LA or Chicago.

As for who the cops who are usually proven in the right act against the data shows it's overwhelming whites.

Most of the violence is directly connected to the War On Drugs. Prohibition CREATES violent crime and criminal culture. See Al Capone.

But that's a whole other discussion.

People didnt die in war to force people to be blindly patriotic. They died to protect FREEDOM. Freedom isnt doing exactly what ypur neighbor wants. In fact in WW2 it was blind patriotism that they fought.

Amen.

clapping-gif-10.gif

Only privileged people is children born with a spoon in their mouth. Rich parents.

And that comes in every color.

How about taking a knee for the thousands and thousands of young black males being slaughtered in the streets year after year. Why because it doesn't fit a political agenda.

Go ahead and do it on company time. I dare anyone. Don't fly. I've seen people get fired for Facebook comments because a company computer was used. But I guess our privileged NFL players are expected to get different treatment. Where are the protests when the NFL brings back domestic abusers? The hypocrisy is amazing.

If you worked hard to get where you are and for what you have then you are not. Dont matter what was said

People didnt die in war to force people to be blindly patriotic. They died to protect FREEDOM. Freedom isnt doing exactly what your neighbor wants. In fact in WW2 it was blind patriotism that they fought.

They also didn't die fighting for a flag to have it be disrespected all in the name of protest either. I'm all for protest just not the time or place. Instead of taking a knee why not be out in the communities hit the hardest with issues. I know can't be bothered that takes real effort.

Funny thing is my black brother and black Sgt that I served under thinks this **** is ridiculous.

They don't have any color agendas.

Media has that agenda and people are buying into it.

Sad

Buy into it do whatever you like, just leave it out of the sport I love to watch.

For the love of got damn it mane, come up with a agenda that saves lives.

Because all this one is doing is diversifying the country.

They also didn't die fighting for a flag to have it be disrespected all in the name of protest either. I'm all for protest just not the time or place. Instead of taking a knee why not be out in the communities hit the hardest with issues. I know can't be bothered that takes real effort.

I'm not a fan of the kneeling, myself. But I'm not sure there is a "right way" or "wrong way" to protest injustice.

tsjc.jpg

You are stupid. This isnt about race. This is about Trump saying that anyone at an NFL game that doesnt stand for the anthem is a son of a ***** who should be fired and that the fans should walk out in protest. He stuck his nose into capital business. Peaceful protest is a hallmark of the freedom your flag or mine stands for. You may not like what your countrymen say but fghht to the death to defend that right.

Calling me stupid? Sounds like you are stupid. This whole thing started because of a false racism narrative and Kaperdork also wearing socks calling for the killing of cops. And, now that Trump said they are disrespecting the flag, which they are, libtards are saying Trump made this about race - which he, of course, did not. It's always the liberal racist race baiters trying to make things about race.

This whole thing started because of a false racism narrative and Kaperdork also wearing socks calling for the killing of cops..

His socks did not call for murder. They just had little pigs in uniforms on them. Subtle, but important difference between mockery and threats.

I'm not a fan of the kneeling, myself. But I'm not sure there is a "right way" or "wrong way" to protest injustice.

tsjc.jpg

what injustice? you mean the few bad cops that kill whites and blacks unfairly?

or the countess upon countless of black youth dying from other black youths in gangs and wondering the streets?

why take on a small scale problem over a large scale problem?

If black white yellow think that every race doesn't have their race hating agenda driven idiots.

I have some bad news for yinz.

One thing I guarantee! NFL ratings will hit an all time low this week. I hope Trump makes the Rooneys start paying taxes those ******* hypocrites. Tax exempt while making billions.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Our veteran Villanueva chose to stand with his team and their decision. You don't want to stand by that decision? Get the **** out!

Calling me stupid? Sounds like you are stupid. This whole thing started because of a false racism narrative and Kaperdork also wearing socks calling for the killing of cops. And, now that Trump said they are disrespecting the flag, which they are, libtards are saying Trump made this about race - which he, of course, did not. It's always the liberal racist race baiters trying to make things about race.

Bingo! ******* **** is old. Time ago start protesting this bullshit. You do that by hitting them in the wallet

The NFL players needs to find another way to protest their point than disrespecting our flag by kneeling for the National Anthem. It's disgraceful because of the people who served and especially the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice and didn't return. That is why we stand for the National Anthem.

If they want to protest something they believe in...wear an armband! Something anything other than kneeling for the National Anthem. Oh so they will be fined....big deal...if they firmly believe in it then the fine should be no big deal.

President Trump needs to hit the NFL owners in their pockets then we will see a change. The NFL uses taxpayer money for new stadiums, etc. We as fans watch football to escape the drama of real life. We want to enjoy it without the drama of players kneeling in what many Americans feel is disrespectful.

I'm pissed off at the Steelers organization for doing this....and I've gotta be honest I think this is why the NFL is loosing viewership.

We as fans don't care what players think of what cause they are standing up for. Play the game! Show respect for our country during the National Anthem and let us cheer you on!

It's the same crap these Hollywood Celebrities are doing to themselves by speaking out telling us to shelter refugees, etc...your a Nazi if you voted for Trump. STF we don't care....make movies let us enjoy your work and talent without bringing politics into it.

I just hope all of you with your panties in a bunch, ready to burn your Steelers' jerseys realize that none of this would be happening if the President didn't stick his big, fat ugly face into this issue yesterday, calling NFL players "sons of *******". Take a deep breath and ask yourself who it is you should be directing your anger at?

what injustice? you mean the few bad cops that kill whites and blacks unfairly?

or the countess upon countless of black youth dying from other black youths in gangs and wondering the streets?

why take on a small scale problem over a large scale problem?

If black white yellow think that every race doesn't have their race hating agenda driven idiots.

I have some bad news for yinz.

So your issue isn't the manner of protest, but the validity of the injustice claim. So what difference then does the means of protest matter?

Seems to me that no matter what expression of protest was undertaken, you'd have a problem with it because you think police misconduct targeted at Blacks is mythological. In which case your problem is the politics themselves and not the specific protest in question.

Most of the violence is directly connected to the War On Drugs. Prohibition CREATES violent crime and criminal culture. See Al Capone.

But that's a whole other discussion.

It's part cultural. Want to limit hard core drugs? Support tighter boarder security.

What I don't get is that this form of protest is clearly not working. It's distracting from the original intent of the protest and causing more division than action. If something isn't working, why not try something that unites rather than divides?

I just hope all of you with your panties in a bunch, ready to burn your Steelers' jerseys realize that none of this would be happening if the President didn't stick his big, fat ugly face into this issue yesterday, calling NFL players "sons of *******". Take a deep breath and ask yourself who it is you should be directing your anger at?

You have a point. Who wants not to stand. Let them be known.

There is Alex V.....singing.

BTW you race bait loving *** whipes.

the Steelers do not agree with sitting for the flag they simply want politics banter to cease

as do I..... NFL and the media, go **** yourselves