• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Is this respect or a violence of flag code.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...CetrDbkZOyZn5RC4CJ5avr62vnqS=w530-h574-p-k-rw

XZ-sRgeJZKJ-QUeXSfUP4R8dzfZ9yNrepQelvRFDRKVdND9z-Z7chulROjIu-DmXulwcYctfkFeB9ravFgBXPpt7rcr-e3-aWPt9kjZZns_6XoXbh_6FjKES6DeQCetrDbkZOyZn5RC4CJ5avr62vnqS=w530-h574-p-k-rw

I believe that is a tweet from a little white kid that grew up to be a black man. It was magic.

My thoughts are not all that uncommon.

Many I have spoken to agree that this "oppression" is a whole lot of make believe and very little substance. In case after case it is proven that the so called victims actually asked for what they got in both their actions and their disrespect for the law.

zqVk8Hz.jpg

Being black doesn't bring the law down on you near as fast as being stupid.

rvVP26x.jpg

The NFL Players Union vowed to sue to keep players from being benched for kneeling during the Anthem. What a mess. We live in a country where taking a knee can get you benched by the Dallas Cowboys, Holy Communion in the Episcopal Church, or the female lead in a Weinstein movie.

o9zO1LL.jpg

I heard that some Steelers players stayed in the locker room during the national anthem yesterday. Can anyone confirm this and if so who were they?

Here's a perfect analysis of Kaepernick and the Soros funded protests

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OGueTYN-Ve8" allowfullscreen="" height="315" frameborder="0" width="560"></iframe>

When My President…

When-My-President%E2%80%A6-I-Didn%E2%80%99t-Take-A-Knee.jpg

When my president lied to me and claimed 4 of my comrades were murdered because of a video insulting Muslims… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president shipped pallets of cash to my sworn enemy… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president failed to identify Muslims as terrorists and Islam as an enemy of the state… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president claimed that a man who tried to kill another man who lawfully defended himself could be his son… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president defended a thug who bum rushed law enforcement… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president ordered businesses to spend unnecessary funds to appease a minority of people who need mental intervention far more than they need their own toilet… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president ordered that words ‘one nation under God’ be removed from the pledge of allegiance… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president lied to me and said I could keep my doctors and my premiums would go down… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president spent my tax dollars in foreign lands to interfere in their elections… I didn’t take a knee.

While my president sat by passively and enabled ISIS to emerge as a stronger force dedicated to spreading Islamic ideals by committing murder, rape and torture… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president allowed dictators and murderers to violate his red lines and continue to murder women and children with chemical gas… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president chastised law enforcement for their actions but ignored the violence in our streets… I didn’t take a knee.

When my president identified the weather as the greatest threat to America’s safety while Muslims worldwide are murdering innocent people… I didn’t take a knee.

While my president’s insistence that pacifism and reform in numerous areas of the globe would bring peace but instead led to the strengthening of those that seek to destroy us… I didn’t take a knee.

When the election of my president broke barriers never thought possible in America ended up being the high point of his eight years in office… I didn’t take a knee.

In all that time I never disrespected our Country, our Armed Forces and Veterans, or our Nation. I remained vigilant.

I didn’t take a knee. I got a new President.

I heard that some Steelers players stayed in the locker room during the national anthem yesterday. Can anyone confirm this and if so who were they?

I was there....didn't hear anything about it....looked like all the guys were out there, HANDS OVER THEIR HEARTS. I know there was a guy on the KC sideline who sat on the bench the whole time....I think it was Marcus Peters???

I was there....didn't hear anything about it....looked like all the guys were out there, HANDS OVER THEIR HEARTS. I know there was a guy on the KC sideline who sat on the bench the whole time....I think it was Marcus Peters???

All of the Pittsburgh Steelers stood during the national anthem on Sunday, but Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Ukeme Eligwe chose to sit.
https://articles.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/10/kansas_city_chiefs_lb_ukeme_eligwe_sits.amp

Chiefs Cornerback Marcus Peters Sits During National Anthem vs. Patriots

“I’m just stating that I’m black and I love being black,” Peters told reporters

He says the same things in other interviews. It's not like Putin injected him with truth serum.

I don't know. From what I hear, that Putin fella is pretty nefarious and has an influence over all things American these days.

The Slatest
Your News Companion
Sept. 26 2017 11:44 AM

Weekend Ratings Jump Undermines Trump Claim That Discreet Pregame Protests Are Destroying the NFL

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...up_slightly_despite_trump_kneeling_claims.htm

If the anthem thing affects their ratings overall it has almost nothing to do with Trump. The audience is changing and their is a lot of disinterest as far as young people go.

Trump just fanned the flames and then tried to take credit for something he had basically nothing to do with, in other words: the M.O. for his entire presidency so far.

Dipshits keep on being dipshits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs...e-to-weak-nfl-ratings-credit-suisse-says.html

Declining NFL television ratings will lower CBS earnings, according to Credit Suisse.

The firm cut its third-quarter EPS estimates by 5 percent, citing CBS' softer Sunday NFL ratings. The media company reports on Nov. 2.

"We expect third-quarter network advertising to decline 3 percent (previously +1 percent), driven by soft ratings for both the summer schedule and for the start of the NFL season," wrote Credit Suisse analyst Omar Sheikh. "With only one of the three content licensing deals we expected for the second half announced in third quarter, we also expect content licensing revenue growth to be skewed to the fourth quarter."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...nal-anthem-protests/l2x7dhlkuubk1tbeftag9ttis

The league's average TV audience through Week 5 of the 2017 season dropped 7 percent vs. the same period of the 2016 season, according to Nielsen data obtained by Sporting News. Worse for the league, the average game audiences are down 18 percent compared to the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

The NFL's average TV audience (including Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games) slid to 15.156 million viewers through Week 5 of the 2017 season. That’s down 7.42 percent from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18 percent down from the average of 18.438 million viewers through the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

On a happier note.....

WORLD NEWS BUREAU - Retailers report former football player Colin Kaepernick is among the most popular characters this Halloween.

Kaepernick costumes come in two versions - one for inner cities and predominantly left-leaning areas featuring a kneeling Kaepernick in football attire and another for conservative markets featuring the ex-quarterback wearing a Pizza Hut delivery uniform and wielding a pizza box (below).

Like last year's 'fallen Hillary' costume, demand for 'pizza delivery Kaepernick' has reportedly outstripped supply in many areas.

6a00d83451af9f69e201bb09cdc11d970d-800wi

Schraeger found out the NFL has cut ties with a blue collar group of fans.

That's the thing. These media people don't believe that's true. When they hear Boos at games and when they hear somebody call a radio show saying how they plan to stop watching the NFL, they think that person is a fringe kook, a small but vocal minority that the NFL is better off without.

They think the NFL has an opportunity to swap out these horrible fringe people for the new progressive millennial viewer who will be their future fanbase.

It's the same reason why they still don't understand how or why Trump won.

That's the thing. These media people don't believe that's true. When they hear Boos at games and when they hear somebody call a radio show saying how they plan to stop watching the NFL, they think that person is a fringe kook, a small but vocal minority that the NFL is better off without.

They think the NFL has an opportunity to swap out these horrible fringe people for the new progressive millennial viewer who will be their future fanbase.

The funny thing about that fan they are after still lives at home with momma and doesn't have 250.00 for the game ticket.

Reactions: MTC
The funny thing about that fan they are after still lives at home with momma and doesn't have 250.00 for the game ticket.

And even if thry had $250, they wouldn’t spend it on any sort of TV. They think TV should be free or at least very cheap.

I think thats a big miscalculation many marketers are making. They always want they young group with the assumption that they spend money more freely, but i don’t know if that’s true anymore. Millennials are notoriously cheap.

The nfl has an unrealistic approach to win over millenials. Overall they never will imo.
Fantasy football will keep them going. The hardcore true fans are being kicked to the curb.

The nfl is seeing it too. They know the collapse is possible. Not in one season. But come next lockout, are the fans who've been pushed away gonna come back?

Personally. I love the Steelers, I grew up with them being a part of my childhood weekends.
However like many of posters here have stated, the rule changes, political platforms, spygate etc.

Took a lot of meaningful watching out of me. Do I still watch? Sure.
Just not really set into it though

And even if thry had $250, they wouldn’t spend it on any sort of TV. They think TV should be free or at least very cheap.

I think thats a big miscalculation many marketers are making. They always want they young group with the assumption that they spend money more freely, but i don’t know if that’s true anymore. Millennials are notoriously cheap.

True, partly because of a sense of entitlement but also because for all of their working lives Bomma has been President and they don't know what a good economy is. I can cite Ron Jr. as Exhibit A.

::cough cough:: Kneeling is having no effect on the NFL ::cough cough::

NFL's Litany of Excuses Runs Out After Ratings Fall for Second Year

TV networks are running out of excuses for the dwindling popularity of the National Football League.

They blamed the election for ratings declines last year, and hurricanes for a soft week one in September. Protests during the national anthem, and President Donald Trump’s criticism of the league, have faded from the headlines.

Advertisers are starting to believe a different explanation: the viewers aren’t coming back. Audiences are down an average 7 percent from a year ago through the first eight weeks of the season, excluding last Monday. That’s on top of a decrease of about 8 percent last season that spurred numerous changes in the broadcasts, from shorter commercials to better matchups earlier in the year.

“There’s just not as many people watching TV the way they used to watch TV,” said Jeremy Carey, managing director of Optimum Sports, a sports marketing agency. “It’s going to be an issue for advertisers when they can’t reach a large-scale audience the way they have.”

With CBS Corp., 21st Century Fox Inc. and Walt Disney Co. set to report earnings in the next few days, analysts are bound to raise questions. These companies have used the popularity of the games to extract additional fees from cable operators, promote other shows on their networks and sell lots of commercials. Pro football games drew about $3.5 billion in ad spending last year, including the postseason, according to SMI Media Inc.

800x-1.png

Media companies have spent billions of dollars on the right to air football games, which had been immune to the erosion of viewership for other TV programming. Audiences for TV networks have diminished for years as the growing popularity of online alternatives Netflix and YouTube and the availability of most shows on-demand have reduced the appeal of dramas and comedies. Live TV, like sports, was supposed to be immune, but that theory looks highly questionable now.

Ratings for the NFL suggest the same societal trends are now affecting the league, even if the declines aren’t as dramatic. The drop in game viewership ranges from 5 percent for NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” to 11 percent for the CBS Sunday package. “Monday Night Football,” on Disney’s ESPN, has attracted more fans this year than a year ago, but the numbers are still down from 2015.

Viewership of the four main broadcast networks fell 8.7 percent last year, and 12 percent among adults 18 to 49, an important demographic for advertisers.

CBS’s 11 percent slump for NFL games is the steepest of the networks. Its parent company, which reports earnings after the close Thursday, is more vulnerable than rivals to the trend because the vast majority of its earnings come from the broadcast network. The declines at CBS reinforce a complaint that has gotten louder and louder in recent weeks: The league got greedy in adding the Thursday night game on broadcast.

Reserving top games for Thursday night robbed other time periods of good match-ups. After a nosedive in ratings at “Monday Night Football” last season, the league has scheduled better games for that time period, further damaging Sunday afternoon.

“Ratings declines on both general entertainment and NFL programming could be the single biggest point of focus for investors this quarter, and we’re not sure what media companies can say about the health and tone of the ad market to assuage fears,” Steven Cahall, an analyst with RBC Capital Markets, wrote in a note last month.

Viewership is dropping fast among people under 54 -- a key demographic for advertisers -- and even faster among those 18 to 34. Audiences for games on CBS, NBC and Fox have slid at least 10 percent among that younger cohort.

Advertisers aren’t abandoning the NFL, one of the only places they can still reach more than 10 million people at once. But they are growing concerned. John Schnatter, who appears in TV spots on behalf of his Papa John’s Pizza International Inc., laid into the league on a conference call this week, blaming the ratings for his company’s slow revenue growth and calling for the league to put an end to player protests.

Networks and other advertisers identify a wide range of reasons for the NFL’s struggles. The league has overexposed itself by making highlights available on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Snapchat. Identifiable stars like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers have either retired or gotten hurt. The quality of play has deteriorated. Player protests and concussions have driven away some fans.

Some executives argue viewership of the league has still improved over the long term while dropping for every other show. Yet the amount of time people have spent watching football this season is at the lowest point since 2011, back when there were fewer televised games, according to Mike Mulvihill, Fox Sports’ head of research.

“The cumulative effect of everything happening in the world at large is having an impact on NFL viewership,” Mulvihill said. “ The league was defying the laws of gravity.”

BAM!

Brands Threatening to pull ads from NFL if NBC keeps covering Player Protests

Marketers have put NBCUniversal on notice: Stop covering NFL players' national-anthem protests, or we'll pull our ads.

That's according to Linda Yaccarino, the chairman of advertising sales at NBCUniversal, who spoke during a keynote interview at an event held Friday in New York at the ad agency RGA.

Yaccarino said no advertisers had pulled out of NFL games because of the protests, but that advertisers were telling the network that could change.

"Marketers have said, 'We will not be part of the NFL if you continue covering it,'" Yaccarino said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bran...om-nfl-if-nbc-keeps-covering-protests-2017-11

::cough cough:: Kneeling is having no effect on the NFL ::cough cough::

NFL's Litany of Excuses Runs Out After Ratings Fall for Second Year

NFL Pregame Show Takes Big Ratings Hit

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...-sunday-nfl-countdown-sam-ponder-chris-berman

-------------------------------

ESPN will lay off more than 100 staffers after Thanksgiving

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/09/espn-will-lay-off-more-than-100-staffers.html

---------------------

I wonder which team will hire Kaepernick this year?