• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Twatty’s back already? Too soon...

The Elftwat is proof that libtards hate successful educated black people and love black gangsta thug criminals.

So Tomlin is not a successful educated person...and is also a thug?

Good job bigot...keep going.

The Reich WIng.....lovers of country and constitution.............................

This guy nails it.

Please explain the outrage over Trump's comments if the left is so in favor of free speech.

jG5hB0L.gif
213055_image.jpg
QNCWof6.jpg

The ravens got booed while kneeling on their own turf. Lol

Yeah I saw that. If the RAVENS fans think it's bad....then it's bad.

Yeah I saw that. If the RAVENS fans think it's bad....then it's bad.

Did all of the Steelers stand? I had to DVR the game because of my daughter's volleyball games and the recording didn't show the anthem.

I didn't watch the game last night but they say everyone stood for the anthem.

NFL FACTS

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden...

I didn't watch the game last night but they say everyone stood for the anthem.

NFL FACTS

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden...

Ayep! Definitely spot on.

Which is why I really only watch the Steelers.
I do think the politics is a factor with fans losing interest.

However, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry. They can afford a couple down seasons.
The owners and Goodell do need to address their political/game flow issues in the offseason, cause fans are turning away each season.
When those couple down seasons turn into 3/4/5 + seasons. Yeah kinda disturbing if the NFL tanks

I saw a couple days ago that mediocre back up LB Vince Williams said that the pissed off Steeler fans aren’t welcome back. **** you, you conceited piece of ****. NFL fans pay your way over-inflated salary.

I have only watched 4 NFL games this season, all Steelers, and not a minute of any others. This year is different. I don’t get as excited. I don’t really yell anymore, whether I’m happy or pissed. It’s almost apathy, like I just don’t care as much. It makes me sad. It reminds me of when my first marriage started to crumble. I just dgaf anymore. These ******* idiot thugs better shut their pieholes and play some damn good football or I’m leaving them full time for my younger, hotter mistress, the Penguins.

I will watch the Steelers, I just won't get all worked up if they lose. I doubt I will spend any more money on Steelers gear. Penguins are a different story

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

If you whine long enough, you will be noticed

My Congressman!

GOP Lawmaker Calls for End of NFL Tax Exemptions Following Anti-Anthem Protests

Florida Republican lawmaker Matt Gaetz is calling on the US Congress to end the tax-exempt status of the NFL’s business office.

“When people kneel during our national anthem, they don’t simply indict the issue with which they have some particular grievance,” said Gaetz, R-Fort Walton Beach. “They indict our country, our service members, our first-responders, our founding fathers and the principles that made this country great.”

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3593511/posts

----------------------------------

more oops

NFL Players now 'Scared' to take a knee,'People have to feed they family'

The aftermath of the NFL national anthem protest has not been good for the football league.

Disgruntled fans, low ratings, and very public fights have lowered the public opinion of the NFL to record lows. Now the owners in the league are attempting to take control.

Multiple reports from teams across the league indicate that team owners and management are cracking down on anthem protesters. The Miami Dolphins head coach has ordered his team to stand, according to IJR reporting ... (long story, worth the read)

The report indicates that many players are “scared” to protest, especially if they are not starters, "People have to feed they family,” the one member of the coaching staff says.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017...yers-now-scared-take-knee-people-feed-family/

Feed 'they' family? That kind of education can earn you millions, yet leave you feeling oppressed. SMDH

I've only watched some of the Steeler games. Zero other games. They can eat ****.I skipped the rats game last week and just watched the highlights. Any more kneeling or hiding in the tunnel and it will be Penguins only from here on out. I honestly could care less if the NFL crashes and burns.The product is turning to **** anyway and now they mix in this political nonsense. At least i got to see the great years and im happy with that.

I've only watched some of the Steeler games. Zero other games. They can eat ****.I skipped the rats game last week and just watched the highlights. Any more kneeling or hiding in the tunnel and it will be Penguins only from here on out. I honestly could care less if the NFL crashes and burns.The product is turning to **** anyway and now they mix in this political nonsense. At least i got to see the great years and im happy with that.

Players will still kneel.
Kinda sad how much attention this stuff has gotten. The players have learned the hard way.
Society has changed rapidly. Scary to think that not even professional sports are safe.

I stated a couple weeks ago, the NFL damaged it's relationship with it's fanbase.
I really don't see a rebound. If the tax exempt bill get's through. It's the end of a once great sport

Kinda sad how much attention this stuff has gotten. The players have learned the hard way.
Society has changed rapidly. Scary to think that not even professional sports are safe.

I stated a couple weeks ago, the NFL damaged it's relationship with it's fanbase.
I really don't see a rebound. If the tax exempt bill get's through. It's the end of a once great sport

I don't see any chance of that happening MTC. The NFL has a death grip around Washington's neck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...141703bbf6f_story.html?utm_term=.bff4c8ea5093

Although the prospect of some ex-millionaire, uneducated college graduate athletes having to fend for themselves in the real world does seem like an entertaining idea.

miDewpR.png

OR...some alumni can bail them out....LOL

78Dg235.jpg

ESPN Faces Liberal Boycott After Suspending Jemele Hill

ESPN suspended Hill for calling for a boycott of the Dallas Cowboys’ advertisers after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones threatened to bench any player who kneeled during the anthem. Hill’s boycott was her second violation of ESPN’s social media policies, the network said. She previously stirred controversy by calling President Trump a “white supremacist” on Twitter.

The backlash against ESPN for Hill’s suspension began almost immediately among left-wing activists and celebrities, many of whom used the hashtag “#BoycottESPN” on social media.

"ESPN’s suspension of Jemele Hill is an outrage and should NOT go unanswered,” Al Sharpton wrote on Twitter. “ESPN and advertisers will hear from us!”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/espn-faces-liberal-boycott-after-firing-jemele-hill/

-----------------------------

Maybe they should have stuck to sports from the start.

Feed 'they' family? That kind of education can earn you millions, yet leave you feeling oppressed. SMDH

My thoughts exactly. Feed They Family. UGH.

I said weeks ago that these kneelers are going to cook the goose that laid the golden egg, and it is happening. One has to ask. ...what does this help? Whatever message they had is lost. What was it again?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

meanwhile

Penguins: White House Visit Is Not About Politics

PITTSBURGH (AP) Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins view their trip to the White House on Tuesday as the final moment of celebration for a championship season, not some sort of statement about where they stand on President Donald Trump.

''From my side of things, there's absolutely no politics involved,'' Crosby said Monday. ''Hopefully it stays that way. It's a visit we've done in the past. It's been a good experience. It's not about politics, that's for sure.''

At least, it hasn't been. Yet the Penguins have found themselves unwittingly thrust into the increasingly uncomfortable intersection of politics and sports. Trump has taken aim at NFL players who protest during the national anthem, saying they should be fired. Trump also rescinded a White House invitation to Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry after the two-time MVP expressed reservations about going.

Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan he expects full attendance by his team for the brief ceremony, one the Penguins will make for a second straight year after becoming the first team in nearly two decades to win consecutive Stanley Cups. The Penguins are trying to focus on the reason they've been asked to stop by and nothing more.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/10/09/pittburgh-penguins-white-house-visit

BAM!

Trump calls for tax law changes for NFL over protests

President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for changes to U.S. tax law affecting the National Football League, fueling a feud with the league and its players over protests that he says disrespect the nation.

“Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/trump-calls-for-tax-law-changes-for-nfl-over-protests-twitter-post/

That tax exempt bill I'd certainly like to see passed. Hell give me a billion dollars free and I'll build a chain of fitness centers that will do more for the common good of the people than the NFL ever could.They do not deserve it. I'd say without any doubt they've done serious
damage to the fanbase. All over some commie dictator shirt wearing cop hating privledged asshat.

I went from die hard fan to not giving a ****. That started before this **** show this year though. That started with the pats***** and pussification of the game. This year just did me in. I'm at the point of being completely repulsed by the NFL. I can't think of anyone in my family who will watch any of it now. Some have been fans for 60+ years. That says a lot.