• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

BAM!

Trump calls for tax law changes for NFL over protests

President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for changes to U.S. tax law affecting the National Football League, fueling a feud with the league and its players over protests that he says disrespect the nation.

“Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/trump-calls-for-tax-law-changes-for-nfl-over-protests-twitter-post/

Even before the recent **** storm, what is the reason the NFL is tax exempt?

what is the reason the NFL is tax exempt?

They are no longer tax exempt - he is talking about tax breaks

NFL gives up tax exempt status

April 28, 2015 - The National Football League is giving up its not-for-profit tax status.

The tax exempt status for the most profitable sports league has generated a lot of controversy, but the move to cancel that is largely symbolic. While the league is tax-exempt, the $1 billion or so it makes a year is distributed to the 32 teams, all of which do pay taxes.

"The owners have decided to eliminate the distraction associated with misunderstanding of the league office's status, so the league office will in the future file returns as a taxable entity,

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/28/news/companies/nfl-tax-exempt-status/index.html

BAM!

Trump calls for tax law changes for NFL over protests

President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for changes to U.S. tax law affecting the National Football League, fueling a feud with the league and its players over protests that he says disrespect the nation.

“Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/trump-calls-for-tax-law-changes-for-nfl-over-protests-twitter-post/

LOL!

Suddenly tax breaks for corporations are a bad thing. What's more American than persecuting an organization based on its politics regarding the first amendment? MAGA!

You ******* guys!

LOL!

Suddenly tax breaks for corporations are a bad thing. What's more American than persecuting an organization based on its politics regarding the first amendment? MAGA!

You ******* guys!

And companies can fire you for protesting on the job costing them money. Why would I want my tax dollars going to people who **** on the country that makes them rich.

I challenge anyone to go to your job make a big ******* scene in front of customers or even better live on tv news. See if they don't fire your *** when they take massive losses because you want to protest a bunch of bullshit.

And companies can fire you for protesting on the job costing them money. Why would I want my tax dollars going to people who **** on the country that makes them rich.

I challenge anyone to go to your job make a big ******* scene in front of customers or even better live on tv news. See if they don't fire your *** when they take massive losses because you want to protest a bunch of bullshit.

Not what they're protesting at all...with that said, I am not a fan of protesting on the job as you mentioned with your second comment. It isn't the appropriate time or place no matter the cause.

That tax exempt bill I'd certainly like to see passed. Hell give me a billion dollars free and I'll build a chain of fitness centers that will do more for the common good of the people than the NFL ever could.They do not deserve it. I'd say without any doubt they've done serious
damage to the fanbase. All over some commie dictator shirt wearing cop hating privledged asshat.

I went from die hard fan to not giving a ****. That started before this **** show this year though. That started with the pats***** and pussification of the game. This year just did me in. I'm at the point of being completely repulsed by the NFL. I can't think of anyone in my family who will watch any of it now. Some have been fans for 60+ years. That says a lot.

I went from die-hard to casual fan too.
The game has lost it's focus on football. So it's more than just the anthem.
The product is too...soap opera like.

Will I give up the Steelers? Not entirely, like many just not emotionally invested.
But looking at this from a neutral position. I understand the boycott

I went from die-hard to casual fan too.
The game has lost it's focus on football. So it's more than just the anthem.
The product is too...soap opera like.

Will I give up the Steelers? Not entirely, like many just not emotionally invested.
But looking at this from a neutral position. I understand the boycott

I look at it from a consumer viewpoint. I've got decades invested,but I'll turn that crap off in a flash if this misplaced protest over nothing keeps going . I call it rebels without a cause. Where has this **** been all of these years?All of a sudden this massive oppression boogie man is out destroying the country.Like I've said before just some commie shirt wearing cop hating asshat.This marxist crap is getting on my last nerve. It's a bunch of rubbish for the most part. I'm watching Steeler games and that's 100% it with the NFL. If the Steelers had continued with that nonsense i would be done with it for good.

Everyone is turning off the t.v. The only thing that is being accomplished from all of this is massive losses and a extremely pissed off fan base who want to see ******* football. That's what unites all people and they're picking on another thing that unites folks and that's the anthem&flag..

Do not force people between country and a damn game. You're going to lose and look like a great big ******* doing it.

Y'all are missing the point, to the left, Patriotism and Love of Country Is Racist

william-carney-medal-of-honor-374x600.jpg

Y'all are missing the point, to the left, Patriotism and Love of Country Is Racist

william-carney-medal-of-honor-374x600.jpg

Forced patriotism is tyrannical.... what world leader is trying to achieve that right now?

Like S4E says...It's just sad

K2QQzKs.png

GgBH1Rj.jpg

HxCVhdL.jpg

Actually here is what a REAL PATRIOT thinks of the nonsense you just posted. What a bunch of Reich Wing fascists.....clueless as to what fighting for liberty is..........epically stupid and let's face it: frightened snowflakes over paid for patriotism.

Actually here is what a REAL PATRIOT thinks of the nonsense you just posted. What a bunch of Reich Wing fascists.....clueless as to what fighting for liberty is..........epically stupid and let's face it: frightened snowflakes over paid for patriotism.

While I agree with a lot of what Jesse says, I find it richly ironic that you would post a video from the Russian Times. Just sayin'.

I look at it from a consumer viewpoint. I've got decades invested,but I'll turn that crap off in a flash if this misplaced protest over nothing keeps going . I call it rebels without a cause. Where has this **** been all of these years?All of a sudden this massive oppression boogie man is out destroying the country.Like I've said before just some commie shirt wearing cop hating asshat.This marxist crap is getting on my last nerve. It's a bunch of rubbish for the most part. I'm watching Steeler games and that's 100% it with the NFL. If the Steelers had continued with that nonsense i would be done with it for good.

Everyone is turning off the t.v. The only thing that is being accomplished from all of this is massive losses and a extremely pissed off fan base who want to see ******* football. That's what unites all people and they're picking on another thing that unites folks and that's the anthem&flag..

Do not force people between country and a damn game. You're going to lose and look like a great big ******* doing it.

The NFL is learning that the hard way.
A lot of fans feel the game is shunning the country.
The teams standing now is just damge control.

My opinion, as much as I've enjoyed the Steelers.
I just think the entire NFL has really cut it's ties with it's fans.
Nothing said and done will bring the fans who put country first. And like I said, I understand and do not blame them

The decline of the NFL is happening for a LOT of reasons right now. History will say the Anthem protests and Trump will be the NFL's "Jump the Shark" moment, but for those paying attention, the NFL has had problems for about the past decade, slowly eroding its popularity and enjoyability.

All I see is Trump anticipating which way the wind is blowing on the NFL way before idiot main stream media does and taking his shot at an animal already dying.

There are just so many things that are going to happen to football over the next 10-20 years that the Anthem protests are going to pale in comparison. The death of network television, major changes to the NCAA and college athletics, the concussion issue, thinning of available talent to 32 teams, labor/management issues, bad product that is being mismanaged.

It's going to be taught in history books how a business thought invincible was brought way down to size and lost 50% of its revenue/market share. The NFL will survive (like baseball has), but the idea it is invincible or the greatest TV product ever is dead.

I too used to be a diehard rabid fan, not so much any more. I figure we as a family probably spent $2000 - $2500 a year. NFL Sunday Ticket, Memorabilia, and travel to at least one game a year. First NFL ST got to the point it was not worth the expense, then Goodell started his bullshit and we quit buying Hats, T-shirts, etc. Now the NFL is directed at Fantasy Football fans, who are not really even true fans of the game. That was the last straw for me, and I have chosen not to spend the money. Now with all the protest bullshit, I only watch the Steelers if they are on national TV. At first, I thought it was going to kill me to miss the game each week, turns out it hasn't.

NFL Anthem Protests Hit Fox As Verizon, Networks Consider New Deals

The protests by NFL players during the National Anthem have been hurting the league's television ratings since last year.

This season, as the protests have continued, the television ratings and ramifications for broadcasters have worsened. "We trim our 2018/19 EPS forecasts … ahead of Q1 earnings," analyst Omar Sheikh wrote in a note to clients Thursday.

The downgrade comes at a time when the NFL is negotiating two important distribution deals that end after this season: Verizon's $250 million a year streaming agreement and the $450 million a year Thursday Night Football deal for games shared by CBS and NBC.

The league's average TV audience through Week 5 of the 2017 season dropped 7% vs. the same period of the 2016 season, and the average game audiences are down 18% compared to the first five weeks of the 2015 season. The NFL's average TV audience (including Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games) slid to 15.156 million viewers through Week 5 of the 2017 season, down 7.42% from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18% lower from the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...zon-networks-consider-new-deals/#3084082555b1

Trump-Goodell-NFL-cartoon-1024x757.jpg

Last edited:
I have been testing the waters of college football and in many ways it is much better. Very few yellow flags being thrown, no obvious bias for certain teams, anything can happen in college games, there are soo many games on the tube that if the game is a blow out just change to another. Plus my grand daughter is a Clemson fan and we can have Grandpa/Grand-daughter time. Aaannd WVU is not doing too bad this year :)

I'm into international soccer now. I watch and follow more about The Premier League than I do NFL right now. Just is what it is I guess.

The NFL needs to realize soon, there is always something else trying to appeal for our entertainment dollar and time.

While I agree with a lot of what Jesse says, I find it richly ironic that you would post a video from the Russian Times. Just sayin'.

He says the same things in other interviews. It's not like Putin injected him with truth serum.

NFL Anthem Protests Hit Fox As Verizon, Networks Consider New Deals

The protests by NFL players during the National Anthem have been hurting the league's television ratings since last year.

This season, as the protests have continued, the television ratings and ramifications for broadcasters have worsened. "We trim our 2018/19 EPS forecasts … ahead of Q1 earnings," analyst Omar Sheikh wrote in a note to clients Thursday.

The downgrade comes at a time when the NFL is negotiating two important distribution deals that end after this season: Verizon's $250 million a year streaming agreement and the $450 million a year Thursday Night Football deal for games shared by CBS and NBC.

The league's average TV audience through Week 5 of the 2017 season dropped 7% vs. the same period of the 2016 season, and the average game audiences are down 18% compared to the first five weeks of the 2015 season. The NFL's average TV audience (including Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games) slid to 15.156 million viewers through Week 5 of the 2017 season, down 7.42% from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18% lower from the first five weeks of the 2015 season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...zon-networks-consider-new-deals/#3084082555b1

Trump-Goodell-NFL-cartoon-1024x757.jpg

The Slatest
Your News Companion
Sept. 26 2017 11:44 AM

Weekend Ratings Jump Undermines Trump Claim That Discreet Pregame Protests Are Destroying the NFL

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...up_slightly_despite_trump_kneeling_claims.htm

If the anthem thing affects their ratings overall it has almost nothing to do with Trump. The audience is changing and their is a lot of disinterest as far as young people go.

Trump just fanned the flames and then tried to take credit for something he had basically nothing to do with, in other words: the M.O. for his entire presidency so far.

The Slatest
Your News Companion
Sept. 26 2017 11:44 AM

Weekend Ratings Jump Undermines Trump Claim That Discreet Pregame Protests Are Destroying the NFL

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...up_slightly_despite_trump_kneeling_claims.htm

If the anthem thing affects their ratings overall it has almost nothing to do with Trump. The audience is changing and their is a lot of disinterest as far as young people go.

Trump just fanned the flames and then tried to take credit for something he had basically nothing to do with, in other words: the M.O. for his entire presidency so far.

Hmmm must be why the owners and Goodell are all of a sudden putting pressure on all players to stand. I'm sure dropping ratings had nothing to do with anthem protests.:peep: