• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will not stand today

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Tomlin: Steelers won't participate in anthem, will stay in locker room
Jack Browne Sep 24, 2017 11:13 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers won't be participating in the national anthem prior to Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears and will instead stay in the locker room, head coach Mike Tomlin told CBS' Jamie Erdahl.

More to come.

The Steelers are gutless, I'm so pissed off right now. I carried to many dead bodies around of young kids that will never enjoy life and these *** holes want to spit on the very symbol of this country. Shame on the Steelers. You want to do something get off you ***** and go out in the communities and stop the drugs, killings, destroying property that you want the police to handle. Walk in their shows for a year then sit on you back sides in the name of injustice. To many lives have been ruined for these self entitled do nothing but produce entertainment individual that want to have their moment of glory on the tube.

The Steelers are gutless, I'm so pissed off right now. I carried to many dead bodies around of young kids that will never enjoy life and these *** holes want to spit on the very symbol of this country. Shame on the Steelers. You want to do something get off you ***** and go out in the communities and stop the drugs, killings, destroying property that you want the police to handle. Walk in their shows for a year then sit on you back sides in the name of injustice. To many lives have been ruined for these self entitled do nothing but produce entertainment individual that want to have their moment of glory on the tube.

You mad, eh?

Well, hockey is always looking for new fans...

tomlinumadbroface.gif

I hope somebody can convince me that this is a good move because right now I see it as nothing but disrespect.

Disrespect to who? The anthem is not exclusively meant for the military.

Hell, the anthem has as much to do with you, me, or any American as it does for anyone in the armed forces, or any politician.

Then play football come out stand for the anthem get ready to play. No you want to hide behind the bleachers in the name of don't want to be involved. Stand up for the organization and Steeler Nation and every Citizen of this great country, don't hide.

Then play football come out stand for the anthem get ready to play. No you want to hide behind the bleachers in the name of don't want to be involved. Stand up for the organization and Steeler Nation and every Citizen of this great country, don't hide.

Hide? They are keeping the whole thing about football. Their job. You ***** about the political stance some have made with kneeling then want the Steelers to come out and make a political stance. Tomlin is keeping this all about football and putting the political stuff aside.

I always thought staying in was the solution to this whole issue. I believe I said so last year.

The NFL should adopt this league wide, and it's the end of the entire controversy.

Disrespect to who? The anthem is not exclusively meant for the military.

Hell, the anthem has as much to do with you, me, or any American as it does for anyone in the armed forces, or any politician.

You realize the anthem was written during the bombardment of Fort McHenry right? It's protected by myself and others and entwined in everything we do. I can guarantee you it means more to a military man than any other profession.

************ ******* politics is inching in to the team I love the most over any other sport, event.

Well **** yinz I will turn the TV on when the game begins.

Not a minute before.

And I will continue standing for the flag.

Go ******* stop these young kids from killing each other, that is where the most youths die. Not by cops.

Oh wait that doesn't fit your ******* agenda.

I'm upset. Mike Tomlin why not let the few who want to protest stay in the locker room and the rest who want to be out there stand?

Oh right, you held a fund raiser for Hillary Clinton in your house.

I'm upset. Mike Tomlin why not let the few who want to protest stay in the locker room and the rest who want to be out there stand?

Oh right, you held a fund raiser for Hillary Clinton in your house.

That is a great way to lose a locker room.

This is a no win situation, but at least by staying in the locker room they are DENYING BOTH SIDES of this issue, instead of just one side. This may very well be the best compromise, as both sides will be unhappy.