• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will not stand today

I'm not watching the game today.. *** it and *** them... they're playing on "soldier field" for ***** sakes! Everything has gotten out of wack everything out of perspective.... I'm as sick of overpaid primadonnas as I am cynical hipster hucksters who criticize the country and it's traditions... this is a tipping point for me my beloved Steelers staying in the locker room during the anthem. Done...

The Steelers are gutless, I'm so pissed off right now. I carried to many dead bodies around of young kids that will never enjoy life and these *** holes want to spit on the very symbol of this country. Shame on the Steelers. You want to do something get off you ***** and go out in the communities and stop the drugs, killings, destroying property that you want the police to handle. Walk in their shows for a year then sit on you back sides in the name of injustice. To many lives have been ruined for these self entitled do nothing but produce entertainment individual that want to have their moment of glory on the tube.
I'm with you!!! The front office better step in. Total Bull ****!!! How about just just sitting or not participate DO something about it. F-U-C-K!!!! I don't even curse...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

I guarantee you this move by Tomlin will divide fans and some in his locker room.

I sincerely hope any player upset contacts the HR department for forcing him to stay.

I guarantee you this move by Tomlin will divide fans and some in his locker room.

I sincerely hope any player upset contacts the HR department for forcing him to stay.

Again, this is the eco-chamber of this board talking. Tomilin's players LOVE him. He is a leader of men. Born to do the job. You may hate him, but you're really not his target audience.

Even Villanueva will respect this move. It keeps the team dignified and unified. You don't like it because you don't like Tomlin. That says more about you than it does about him or this decision.

They had a meeting as a team. Of course you would spin this as a Tomlin only decision

The nfl should tell the networks not to ever allow a camera shot of a player kneeling or fisting or whatever. You show that...contract cancelled.

Did everyone not watch the games prior to 2009 when the players were in the locker room during the National Anthem?

Mike Tomlin why not let the few who want to protest stay in the locker room and the rest who want to be out there stand?

Would completely defeat the purpose of not making players take public sides.

Did everyone not watch the games prior to 2009 when the players were in the locker room during the National Anthem?

Can you take these three political driven threads and combine them? At least let it not crowd the threads. As it is attempting to do.

Can you take these three political driven threads and combine them? At least let it not crowd the threads. As it is attempting to do.

I can't do that but I think it's a good idea.

Again, this is the eco-chamber of this board talking. Tomilin's players LOVE him. He is a leader of men. Born to do the job. You may hate him, but you're really not his target audience.

Even Villanueva will respect this move. It keeps the team dignified and unified. You don't like it because you don't like Tomlin. That says more about you than it does about him or this decision.

Villanueva just stood at the tunnel exit with hand over heart respecting the flag he fought for.

Helll the jags and the ravens both kneeled in ******* England yet stood for their anthem. ******* ignorant morons.

I really should be made mod of the political forum

It's my turn....I'm never wrong

Actually was a super smart move by the team, players & management...Congratulations on a great position to take. Smartest move by any NFL team to date & I am proud to say my team gets it. They are in agreement that this will divide their team.

With 53 players, plus staff, you will have differing political views, religious views & moral views. There will be no consensus. And that is what makes us who we are. As Americans, we are all free to say and speak as we will.

But the STEELERS are saying this is not going to be our platform for this....As a unified team they are staying out of it and playing FOOTBALL

I wish the stadiums would be empty next week but since corporate America took the seats out from under Us they won't. I feel helpless. Alejandro Villanueva,*The only TRUE AMERICAN.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

It might be different if not for the fact that nobody can even say what these alleged protests are about.

you hate the country? Nope, we love America, how dare you.

you hate the military? No way, we love out troops.

you hate cops? No, didn't you see us lock arms with cops? We're not saying cops are bad.

So you love all the things the anthem stands for, why protest the anthem? Cuz, umm racism.

It might be different if not for the fact that nobody can even say what these alleged protests are about.

you hate the country? Nope, we love America, how dare you.

you hate the military? No way, we love out troops.

you hate cops? No, didn't you see us lock arms with cops? We're not saying cops are bad.

So you love all the things the anthem stands for, why protest the anthem? Cuz, umm racism.

I really don't think they are protesting the anthem. They are using it as a platform to promote awareness on the issue at hand.

I've been a lurker on the various incarnations of this board for over 10 years. I usually stay quiet and am content with reading others' analysis and opinions on the team. There is fantastic breadth of knowledge on this board about our beloved Steelers and football in general. As a military vet, I feel compelled to chime into this discussion.

This hearkens back to the uproar in 2003 with the Dixie chicks speaking out against President Bush. Now, mind you I cannot stand their music (Heavy Metal FTW!) but I supported their expression of freedom of speech. Here in deep red Missouri, I was branded a "traitor to our great nation" for supporting their right as Americans to speak how they felt in a public forum. So these "patriots", many of whom never served their country, were bashing those who didn't agree with the president by exercising their free speech and branding them traitors. I, who served our great nation for 8 years was the traitor here. It was ugly.

For over 200 years our military has fought, bled and died to protect the American way of life. We did this so we all could enjoy the freedoms we hold so dear. Freedom of Speech. Freedom of Religion. Right to Assembly. We may not agree with every stance taken, but we damn sure defend the right to express it. The current wave of false patriotism seeking to silence and stifle any and all freedom of expression that they do not agree with goes against the very tenets our country was founded on and we have fought to protect.

Americans whether they be athletes, musicians or your average citizen using these freedoms are not disrespecting to our military. It shows that these freedoms we hold dear are alive and well and that our sacrifices to protect them were not in vain.