• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sunday Non Steelers games

I’ve often wondered why the media goes on and on about his not having a losing season,and never mention his playoff record. I think many non Steeler fans would be surprised at their record under his tutelage
If I read what you said correctly....they don't care to know really - the same as I don't care to know or keep up with opposing teams' records for the most part. But, you're right in that I think the non-Steeler fans would be surprised about the playoff record with all of the "non-losing season" talk.

I think what's more surprising to me is the number of Steeler fans that I personally know, just really don't know. A win, is a win, right? That's what I hear a lot.

I think most are just casual watchers, unlike most of us here who've been a fan for decades. That's the difference, and they buy tickets no matter what.

Dobbs is a rocket scientist… he’s probably way too smart to sign here lol
I think he’s probably in high demand next year. Even as a stop gap starter for a rookie or a premium backup. Today was really impressive considering the fact he only was on the team a few days and ran the offense without errors. I always liked Dobbs.

People laughed at me when I said I would have cut Trubisky and signed Dobbs to save 6 million in cap space. Dobbs is way better than Trubisky
I like Dobbs thought he has been underrated. Im sure he would look like crap in our offense though. I think mitch is better overall, but in this offense it doesn't matter much so your point is valid

Eagles tackle is jumping every pass play. I should be used to it by now

Lamb makes me think of 448s comment about WRs. We have two good WRs. But I think the team could still upgrade or add to the room with a three receiver threat.
If they are committing to Pickett, get him an alpha. Johnson and Pickens are good, but they aren't alpha receivers. I want a guy who will dominate and I think Adams or Jefferson could be had with the right price. And yes, you need to pay an absolute premium for these types of guys. It worked out pretty well for Allen (Diggs), Tua (Hill), and Hurts (Brown).

Lamb makes me think of 448s comment about WRs. We have two good WRs. But I think the team could still upgrade or add to the room with a three receiver threat.
Maybe it takes a little coaching. I think the WRs we have could get the job done but maybe someone can teach them to do a little juking, get some separation

If they are committing to Pickett, get him an alpha. Johnson and Pickens are good, but they aren't alpha receivers. I want a guy who will dominate and I think Adams or Jefferson could be had with the right price. And yes, you need to pay an absolute premium for these types of guys. It worked out pretty well for Allen (Diggs), Tua (Hill), and Hurts (Brown).
I disagree about Pickens not being an alpha. If potential is the criteria you're going by to label someone as "alpha", then Pickens absolutely IS an "alpha"

And Dallas gives it right back with a false start and sack. Last play coming up.

Dallas game was a nut buster

Dallas game was a nut buster

Got penalties to take you all the way down inside the 5, then get penalties and sacks to take you back 25 yards, then lose the game...lol.

That was a great ending.

Watching any other game in the NFL is just a reminder of how poorly the Steelers offense is designed.
It really is… i see qbs throwing bad passes, rbs getting hit in the backfield, olines giving up pressure and wrs making boneheaded plays and yet you still see better cohesion and overall results..

I mean you can see how the plays are better built and what they are trying to accomplish.. it makes me sad…

The Bengals would look better with “sparkly” helmets. That was actually said in my household.