• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Taliban 2, USA 1

Well done Peter Doocy. This may require stitches.

Raggedy Ann McCircleback nearly stuttering trying to respond.

Congressman Carlos A. Gimenez

@RepCarlos

How badly do Nancy Pelosi and the House Democrats want to cover up this Afghanistan debacle? They just blocked Members of Congress from reading the names of the service members who sacrificed their lives in Afghanistan last week. Don’t you think our military deserves better?
1:05 PM · Aug 31, 2021

E-JgpDYVgAAy2I-

And that's a wrap. Who would have thought this was possible, reading this board?

Gen McKenzie confirms that "there were no evacuees left when the last US flight left."

He then adds that "every single US service member is now out of Afghanistan."

This has been "the largest non-combatant evacuation mission in the US military's history", Gen McKenzie says.

US forces have evacuated more than 7,500 civilians a day, he adds - a number that does not include the roughly 5,000 service members and their equipment that were sent to Afghanistan for this mission.

It was a "monumental accomplishment", he says.

A summary of the Pentagon briefing: 'The end of a 20-year mission'

The Pentagon briefing is now over. Here's what we learned.
  • Gen Kenneth McKenzie, Commander of US Central Command, confirmed that the US had completed its withdrawal from Afghanistan
  • The last US flights left Hamid Karzai International Airport at 15:29 EDT - midnight, 31 August, in Kabul - the deadline agreed with the Taliban for the withdrawal
  • The Pentagon is to release a photo of the last C-17 leaving Kabul, with Major Gen Chris Donahue and US Ambassador to Afghanistan, Ross Wilson, on board
  • "Tonight's withdrawal signifies both the end of the military component of the evacuation, but also the end of the nearly 20-year mission that began in Afghanistan shortly after 11 September 2001," Gen McKenzie said
  • A total of 2,461 US service members and civilians were killed in Afghanistan, and more than 20,000 injured, in the last two decades - including 13 US service members who were killed last week in the IS-K attack on Kabul airport
  • Since 14 August, the day before the Taliban seized Kabul, the US has evacuated more than 79,000 civilians from the airport, including 6,000 Americans, and more than 73,503 third-country nationals and Afghan civilians. Afghans who worked with US forces and are eligible for Special Immigrant Visas are included in that number
  • In total, US and coalition aircraft evacuated more than 123,000 civilians - an average of more than 7,500 civilians per day
  • The evacuation mission was 18 days, including 16 full days of evacuations, and more than 19,000 evacuations on one single day
  • When the mission began, Gen McKenzie said, they were working on the "assumption that the Afghan security forces would be a willing and able security partner in Kabul, defending the capital for a matter of weeks" - this, however, didn't happen as the Taliban took control of the city the following day
  • In the 20 years of US presence in Afghanistan, more than 800,000 US service members and 25,000 civilians have served in the country
Yet anywhere between 100 and 200 Americans were left behind
MISSION: FAILURE

Yet anywhere between 100 and 200 Americans were left behind
MISSION: FAILURE
Did you not read tib's post you quoted? "That's a wrap" That's it. Over and done. Mission accomplished. No Americans left behind. Moving on.....

Were there any Hungtardians left behind?

There is our security team. They are well armed now.

Thank god he didn't arm Americans with those 350,000+ rifles. The terrorists get them.

Actually any time that clown brings up trying to ban semi automatic rifles, that should get thrown in his face.

****** should be charged with treason,impeached and imprisoned.

Muslims hate dogs and so they want us to believe afghani Muslims who are some of the poorest people on earth have what appears to be pure bred German shepherds and Belgian Malinoise?

With tags on them no less. I'm sure Mohammad takes him for a run every moment he's not strategizing on how to kill Americans.

****** should be charged with treason,impeached and imprisoned.

He should, but he won't - because we have spineless RINOs who are just as deep in the swamp waters as he is. They make me about as sick as he does.

He should, but he won't - because we have spineless RINOs who are just as deep in the swamp waters as he is. They make me about as sick as he does.
True. It sucks, but they are not very far apart.

"That's a wrap."

Wait

True. I pretty much hate all of them. Only a select few have shown they're not spineless self serving cowards. They only promise that when we get back in power, we will set things right. Then they don't do ****.

The demoncrats don't follow any rules but what they make up or just ignore them all together.

When they get set on screwing **** up, they do and they do it with zero remorse.

They have taken their complete contempt for Americans to the next level the last 5 years.

I'm trying to figure when this shitstorm of screwing up the country will end.

A few of the newer reps have at least spoken out against the democrats. It appears most are veterans as well.

I see a lot more running for congress in 2022 . I'm skeptical that even with a majority that they won't act like they're a minority yet again.

They'll have to spend a lot of time reversing damage being done right now.

It's a sliver of hope in paddling upstream.

And they can't tell me they had no idea the Afghan army would just fold up just like that and leave everything. They knew this months ago. I'm sure all of our CIA &NSA people knew very well. It was probably a little worked out side deal with the taliban anyway.

From the looks of it we set it up to be exactly how it is right now.

We actually turned down having control of Kabul and said we only needed the airport. Who's bright idea was that? I suppose our generals who are nothing more than politicians with military uniforms on are to blame. Our state department sucks *** as well.

So leave the situation as humiliated as possible ✔ Hand over billions in weapons and cash ✔ Abandon our own citizens and friends✔ Abandon your military base 30 miles from Kabul and let thousands of terrorists free to roll on into town to create havoc and blow **** up... ✔ Ahh what's a little collateral damage if you lose a few people. No biggie. It's not like the people running this country give a **** about us anyway. It's just fake caring.

Who the hell is running this **** show? They all need fired. I guess they can all go back to being woke now and going after evil white supremacists with white rage,who mean to disrupt the marxist fundamental change we need so badly.