• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Target Down 5 Billion Since Embracing Trans Bathroom Policy

these trans activists also demand this applies not just to bathrooms, but also fitting areas, locker rooms, showers, everything.

And it has nothing to do with appearance. Any man can simply say he identifies as a woman and go right into the locker room. Obama has said this is now law. Texas told him to get lot and he is threatening to hold back federal funds from the state.

Planet Fitness had a female member complain that a man was in the women's locker room with her while she was changing and showering. PF said that he considered himself female so he was allowed to go in there. The woman complained. PF revoked HER membership.

This is not a simple issue of use whatever bathroom you want at Starbucks. People are comfortable in their own stall? How comfortable are they when sweaty pervert guy walks into a female shower area? Well if you think that's a problem, then YOU are now the problem. YOU will be re-educated and forced against your will.

The next step will be to force businesses to completely re-design bathrooms or add a 3rd. You know, because small businesses all have money laying around for major remodeling projects. I mean "they didn't build that" anyway so they should be happy to lose some of their profits because they didn't really earn it anyway.

I don't have a big problem with this, but I do think some of it is nothing more than validating the LGBT lifestyle.

I am a man who identifies as a woman who likes men’s clothing.

You have a problem with that?

I used to be a lesbian trapped in a man’s body but this is much more fun.

Man records himself asking to use Target women’s bathroom

A St. Petersburg man who videotaped himself going into a local Target said he was just trying to clarify the company’s bathroom policy. That video has since gone viral. It was recorded on the heels of Target’s recent announcement about its policy.

“(We) welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity … Everyone deserves to feel like they belong,” Target said.

Both the local video and Target’s policy have come under fire.

More than 800,000 people have signed a petition from the American Family Association saying they will boycott the big-box chain because of the policy.

Andy Park says he went to the St. Petersburg store on Park Street Friday. Park told News Channel 8 he was “dressed like a man” and originally thought the policy was a hoax.

Park: “I just came because I wanted to make sure I was allowed to use the women’s room before I went in.”

Manager: “Yeah, yup. That’s correct. Yup.”

Park: “That’s fine?”

Manager: “Yes.”

Park: “OK. If any of the women have a problem, will you let them know?”

Manager: “Yeah. They can come, and we’ll speak to them.”

http://wncn.com/2016/04/27/man-records-himself-asking-to-use-target-womens-bathroom/

----------------------------------

8-year-old girl choked unconscious in bathroom while mom in next stall, police say

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man is accused of choking an 8-year-old girl until she passed out in the bathroom of a restaurant in Chicago's South Loop.

The girl was with her mother at the Jason's Deli in the 1200-block of South Canal Street on Saturday, police said. The girl and her mother were inside the restroom separated by stalls around 1:15 p.m.

Police say 33-year-old Reese Hartstirn walked in and targeted the girl, choking her and trying to lock her in a stall. The mother heard her daughter scream and grabbed her.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-chokes-8-year-old-girl-in-south-loop-bathroom-police-say/1336656/

None-the-less, people have way too much time on their hands to be pulling stunts and are way too entitled to officially boycott Target. I mean, exactly how much time do they spend in Targets bathrooms? Just don't use their bathrooms,

And I find the $5 billion dubious at best. Target does about $70 billion in annual sales, so $5 billion would be almost a month of sales. How long have they even had this policy?

I find the $5 billion dubious at best. Target does about $70 billion in annual sales, so $5 billion would be almost a month of sales. How long have they even had this policy?

They did not lose $5 B cash money or sales, their stock lost 10% of it's value, or roughly $5B. Shares of Target Corporation Common Stock (TGT) have fallen from $84.14 a share on April 19 to $79.27 a share as of Friday evening, 10 days after the transgender policy was enacted.

The stock price had fallen by 2.52 percent on Friday alone, as of 4 p.m. Ultimately, the drop “would represent a corporate loss of over $2.5 billion,” according to the Family Policy Institute.

This is all a little overblown, all the retailer's stocks were down.

This is all a little overblown, all the retailer's stocks were down.
Yes, I doubt this was a factor at all. But it made for a fun thread, didn't it?

None-the-less, people have way too much time on their hands to be pulling stunts and are way too entitled to officially boycott Target. I mean, exactly how much time do they spend in Targets bathrooms? Just don't use their bathrooms,

And I find the $5 billion dubious at best. Target does about $70 billion in annual sales, so $5 billion would be almost a month of sales. How long have they even had this policy?

Do you not get the irony of your response?

I didn't even know Target had restrooms.

This is the issue. As someone mentioned before, I don't think anyone cares that transgender people are using whatever bathroom. It is ********* like this that has people worried. Sure, it may be a one off incident, but I doubt it. I mean, if it keeps one child safe, why would you do it. Think of the children.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-man-accused-of-choking-girl-8-in-south-loop-store-20160513-story.html

This isn't the first. There are dozens of these incidents already. This is the problem. I'm not worried about transgenders, nor do I suspect are most people. It's those that will abuse the rule to gain unfettered access to the restrooms and showers - and it is already happening. It just doesn't get the airtime it should, because the bulk of media is Leftist run.

The problem will continue to rise. That's a fact.

It was a $5Billion stock loss. Yahoo Finance or Bloomberg are your friends. It's real. You can debate the causes if you like.

If you have a young child, as a parent, you do not let your child go to the bathroom alone. You are in charge of your own family. My daugher is allowed to use the mens room. I assume some may have a problem with it, but I do not.

I think it's all part of something, much, much more sinister in society - the sexualization of children. As others have mentioned, this will allow anybody of any sex to go into whatever changing or shower area they want. This is just ONE of many steps, but mark my words. Within ten years, there will be a strong (and probably successful) push to eliminate the age of consent. This world is rapidly descending into evil.

I think it's all part of something, much, much more sinister in society - the sexualization of children. As others have mentioned, this will allow anybody of any sex to go into whatever changing or shower area they want. This is just ONE of many steps, but mark my words. Within ten years, there will be a strong (and probably successful) push to eliminate the age of consent. This world is rapidly descending into evil.
Boy, that escalated quickly. The decline of human civilization will only continue. Next step will be legalizing bestiality, cannibalism and human sacrifice. It's just around the corner. Damn liberals, I hope you're happy! :mad-new:

I think it's all part of something, much, much more sinister in society - .

I'm beginning to think you are right. As usual, this unisex toilet thing began with them libtards in Europe.

In the United Kingdom, All-Gender restrooms are sometimes found on university campuses. In early 2013, Brighton and Hove city council introduced unisex toilets, which did not feature the words 'men/gentlemen' or 'women/ladies' (as is traditional), but instead used 'universal symbols', which was described as 'political correctness' by the right-wing press in the UK.[1]

142px-Male_and_female_sign.svg.png

Then it matriculated to Canada.

n April 2014, the Vancouver Park Board decided to install All-Gender restrooms in public buildings, with different signs to identify them. Amongst the options discussed was the rainbow triangle (based on the pink triangle used during the Holocaust), an 'all-inclusive' gender symbol, an icon representing a toilet or the phrases 'washroom' or 'gender-neutral washroom' placed on the entrances to the toilets. According to Canadian Global News online newspaper, many different regions across Canada offer unisex toilets and other gender-neutral facilities, but Vancouver was the first municipality to change building codes to require unisex toilets be built in public buildings

220px-Unisex_pictogram.jpg

According to a study by the University of Massachusetts, there are over 150 college campuses across the US that are creating gender-neutral restrooms. Activists are trying to get more gender-neutral restrooms on all college campuses, hoping that everyone, not just gendered individuals, can feel safe.

My Granma used to say,,,"monkey see- monkey do " but in reality, it is probably just a natural progression in the progressive playbook.

According to a research article by Olga Gershenson of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, restrooms have always been an issue for one group or another. First, women around the world petitioned for the right to their own facilities; next were racial minorities in the US during the time of segregation. After this fight, people with disabilities raised the issue to get fully equipped facilities. That fight ended with changes to building codes to make washroom more accessible. Now the issue concerns transgender and other gender variant people.

179295_600.jpg

Do you not get the irony of your response?

I suspect Targets policy is more about reaching out to LBGT consumers and less about actually assuring freedom of bathroom choice.

The real irony in this thread is that many of you have argued that policies and laws should be based on individual rights and freedom, not concerns of the many.

It's those that will abuse the rule to gain unfettered access to the restrooms and showers - and it is already happening.

I've already posed this question and nobody seems to have an answer for it:

So you contend the threat of a misdemeanor offense of using the wrong bathroom is a successful deterrent to someone who intends to commit a major felony?

At my daughter's HS, there are 2 kids who are transgendered. 2. Out of 2,000 kids. They are to use the unisex restroom in the nurse's office when they have to go. No biggie. If faculty and staff don't make a big issue out of it, then the students won't either.

This is just ONE of many steps, but mark my words. Within ten years, there will be a strong (and probably successful) push to eliminate the age of consent.

I think your imagination is getting the better of you.

Yeah, you're right. Had it off. Knew something wasn't off when I was typing transsexuals for cross dressers. Couldn't think of transvestite.

All I had to remember was a sweet transvestite from transsexuals, Transylvania.

In any event, a solution is easy and rock solid. All bathrooms are gender neutral. Only one person may enter the bathroom at a time with the exception of a parent helping a child or someone helping disabled. Boom.

That will be a disaster at sporting events.

Yes, I doubt this was a factor at all. But it made for a fun thread, didn't it?

The obamaconomy is partially to blame....in the end both lie with liberal policies.

If you have a young child, as a parent, you do not let your child go to the bathroom alone. You are in charge of your own family. My daugher is allowed to use the mens room. I assume some may have a problem with it, but I do not.

I'm a little confused by your phrasing......do you accompany your daughter into the men's room? How old is she? Are you okay with her seeing the penises of strangers?

I suspect Targets policy is more about reaching out to LBGT consumers and less about actually assuring freedom of bathroom choice.

The real irony in this thread is that many of you have argued that policies and laws should be based on individual rights and freedom, not concerns of the many.

Bad marketing decisions are one thing. And this is......why would anyone in a competitive market want to pander to a miniscule part of the population while pissing off so many more? And before you say "altruism" keep in mind that as a stockholder I'd be saying screw that, maximize my investment...that is your job and if you tank my stock you need to go.

To your point of individual rights vs. the rights of the "collective." We need to keep in mind that one's rights stop where another's begin.

So you contend the threat of a misdemeanor offense of using the wrong bathroom is a successful deterrent to someone who intends to commit a major felony?

Specious argument.....not every person with ill intent is willing to carry it to a felonious level. It remains ill intent regardless.......peeping, self gratification in another's presence, video taping, taking pictures, etc., none of which may rise to felony level are in play as well. Then think about this. The people who would engage in those behaviors probably have a pretty low amount of self control to begin with so intent be damned and the day comes when their chosen perversion just isn't cutting it anymore and human weakness tells them to take it to the next level.

Your argument presupposes that we are talking about rational, normal thinking people. We aren't.

Bad marketing decisions are one thing. And this is......why would anyone in a competitive market want to pander to a miniscule part of the population while pissing off so many more? And before you say "altruism" keep in mind that as a stockholder I'd be saying screw that, maximize my investment...that is your job and if you tank my stock you need to go.

To your point of individual rights vs. the rights of the "collective." We need to keep in mind that one's rights stop where another's begin.

I think you are greatly underestimating the number of people who support Targets policy (not only the LGTB crowd, but sympathizers) and people like me who just don't really care, while at the same time overestimating the people who are freaking out over it.

And a persons rights don't stop merely because of the potential for abuse or unintended consequences, which is what you are arguing.

If you don't think making it easier for pedophiles and perverts to have access to members of the opposite sex will increase the the number of incidents you are in denial. Nothing will stop the hardcore predator I agree, but all of the perverts on the edge of taking that next serious step in seeking out a victim you just made it easier.

If you don't think making it easier for pedophiles and perverts to have access to members of the opposite sex will increase the the number of incidents you are in denial. Nothing will stop the hardcore predator I agree, but all of the perverts on the edge of taking that next serious step in seeking out a victim you just made it easier.

Not necessarily, pedophiles like Jerry Sandusky now have to worry about little Timmy's mom accompanying him to the men's room.

Not necessarily, pedophiles like Jerry Sandusky now have to worry about little Timmy's mom accompanying him to the men's room.

Sandusky set up a foundation to prey on little boys, he was a little more advanced than your bathroom peeping tom about to take the next step into there perversion.