• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Terror shooting in Pittsburgh

Of course the fake news msm will not report the fact that the killer hated Trump and said that Trump was controlled by the Jews. No, they have their own narrative.

The left is insane. Trump's grand kids are Orthodox Jews, but he is an anti-semite? The left wing media is fueling a lot of this violence, and they are trying to unload it on Trump. The media is criminally liable..

It's all part of the smokescreen. That's how this works.

Of course the fake news msm will not report the fact that the killer hated Trump and said that Trump was controlled by the Jews. No, they have their own narrative.

where did you see this

The worst part is they reported it then denied it value saying it wasn’t real. They are just making **** up and the fact that anyone believes it scares the **** out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I am ready to throw something at the tv. I am the Y working out and they have cnn on a tv and this ***** is claiming Trump at fault because he is a rabid anti Semite and that he uses code words for it all the time and ******* Wolf B. Is eating that **** up. When given the evidence this nut didn’t like Trump she basically said it was a smokescreen. What the duck is up with these people.

Nothing demonstrates your anti semitism more than supporting Israel at the UN.

Or paying your respects to the Western Wall, or moving your embassy to Jerusalem.

Jews in America have little in common with Jews in Israel. American Jews are Liberals first, Jews second, and don't know who their friends are.
Sure President Trump likes Netanyahu but most American Jews don't because he's a Conservative.

I lived in Squirrel Hill for a few years. It is a very nice neighborhood, generally quiet, and safe. It has sizable Jewish population, ranging from real Orthodox to cultural Jews, however it is ethnically and racially diverse. Has a lot of students, due to it's proximity to CMU, Pitt, and Chatham colleges.. The fact that this has happened here is frankly shocking. Victim count is now 11 dead, and two cops in critical condition.

If this doesn't qualify for the death penalty, I don't know what does.

I would go even further than the death penalty in these type of cases. A person who commits a hate crime with multiple fatalities forfeits his or her basic human rights.

Once the death penalty happens, Science should be allowed to examine his brain and try to learn why such an unthinkable act like this can happen

Last edited:
Jews in America have little in common with Jews in Israel. American Jews are Liberals first, Jews second, and don't know who their friends are.
Sure President Trump likes Netanyahu but most American Jews don't because he's a Conservative.

Jews are slowly becoming more Republican. You can say the same for successful Asians. Both groups are targets for quotas at universities, as some colleges try to include more Latino's and African American's at the expense of other minorities for their quotas. Its just plain wrong but the left is thinking about elections and neither the Jews or Asian's has a particularly large population. Harvard has recently been exposed for their practices.

Trump has been very pro Israeli. Living in South Florida, you meet a lot of Jews and Latino's. I'm friends with both groups which includes events in their homes. Older Jews and Latino's are heavy Democrats. The younger generations I'm friends with, not so much. Its closer to a 40.60 split

If you ever get a chance, hear the stories of a holocaust survivor while they are still living. It will chill you to the bone.

Last edited:
I would go even further than the death penalty in these type of cases. A person who commits a hate crime with multiple fatalities forfeits his or her basic human rights.

Once the death penalty happens, Science should be allowed to examine his brain and try to learn why such an unthinkable act like this can happen

It will be interesting to see if Liberals are suddenly in favor of the death penalty.

It will be interesting to see if Liberals are suddenly in favor of the death penalty.

The Jewish people are a big part of the left's intellectual branch. You might see a small shift in favor of the death penalty for hate crimes.

Some interesting trends are happening with this shooting.The Muslim community in the area raised a significant amount of money for aid. Muslims also agreed with the Jews on the Colorado baker case, where the Supreme court said one has right of refusal if it involves your religion.

Personally speaking, I think it should be illegal to threaten anyone on social media with violence. The death penalty for crimes like this should be used and I take ia step further and say society has the right for a post-modem mental health examination.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about why we are so "divided" as a country. Over the last 10 years it seems to be the underlying issue the media loves to come back to time and time again. The media also passively (and sometimes blatantly) blames the "right" for this division. It's never their fault.

So I want to synthesize some of my thoughts on this issue.

1. We are not that much more "divided" than we have ever been as a country. That is the first assumption the media makes that is not provable or based on any factual analysis.
2. As political interest rises, the appearance of "division" increases. This is a theory I have that I find very frustrating that isn't discussed more often. For years in the this country (let's say 1990 to 2008), the media railed on the "lack of interest' Americans had in the political process. Voter turnout kept decreasing. Polls indicated time and again, many Americans cared less and less about both local and Washington politics. People felt their votes didn't matter. The media took this ignorance and lack of interest as a genuine "fall of Democracy". That was the narrative for a decade or more. But here we are in 2018 and Trump (by his very existence as President) has literally driven political interest and voter turnout through the roof. Never in my lifetime (and I was born in 1969) have I seen people more engaged or interested in the issues than they are now. That's a GOOD THING that the media fails to grasp or consider when evaluating Trump's presidency.
3. The result of massive, new interest in the issues and political process, is that people take sides. This is a natural, predictable and historical reaction to "getting involved". At every time in our country's history, as the masses get more involved in politics, violence and discourse increase. Americans have never "discussed" their political differences rationally or politely. From the birth of nation, to the Civil War, to the Reconstruction, to the Great Depression and FDR, to the violent protests during the Vietnam War, never (and I mean never) was social discourse done "rationally".

So is Trump the cause of increased discourse and violence in politics? Yes, but only to the extent his Presidency has massively increased interest in politics. His language isn't the cause. His policies aren't the cause. His twitter isn't the cause.

This "great discourse" and associated violence will wane just as interest in politics will wane during some future leader. What frustrates me is the idea the media WANTS more interest in politics (and they "create" interest as best possible with outlandish headlines and extreme opinion editorials), but then think that increased interest will be civil and respect each other during our disagreements.

It just doesn't work that way.

Do you want a country active and engaged in the issues, voting and arguing? Or do you want a country that doesn't show up at the polls, cares less about politics and thinks they are all the same and just floats down the stream casually without incident?

I don't have a good answer.

Read the comments to some articles on Social Media and various news stations from the Bombing suspect to this Jewish shooting, 3 out every 5 comments are that Trump and the Right is solely responsible for the hate and violence in this country. Voting him and the Reps out will get this country back to where we were.

Read the comments to some articles on Social Media and various news stations from the Bombing suspect to this Jewish shooting, 3 out every 5 comments are that Trump and the Right is solely responsible for the hate and violence in this country. Voting him and the Reps out will get this country back to where we were.

Both sides politicize current events to push people to vote "their way". This is nothing new in the country and it won't stop now or ever. When a Muslim shoots up a nightclub in Orlando, the underlying message is "Don't vote for Democrats or more Muslims will be allowed to enter and this could happen more often". When the current event is one case of some crazy man dressed up like a woman (really badly) just to sneak a peak at some vagina, the unspoken message is "Don't vote left of every bathroom in the country will be like this with your daughters in them".

Nothing makes people get out and vote more than exaggeration and "sky is falling" mentality. And make no mistake, the media WANTS people to vote left. They are clearly biased because their "fear and exaggeration" message is so clearly tilted to get Democrats out to vote.

Let the left use this story. Let the right use their stories. I'd rather they be allowed to talk than muzzle their mouths. All I hate is hypocrites that think only one side does this.

From President Trump earlier today:

There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news. The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly. That will do much to put out the flame..of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony. Fake News Must End!.

That's code for get your **** together, you ******* unhinged liars.

Last edited:

And voting for Obama was going to end racial animosity.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about why we are so "divided" as a country. Over the last 10 years it seems to be the underlying issue the media loves to come back to time and time again. The media also passively (and sometimes blatantly) blames the "right" for this division. It's never their fault.

So I want to synthesize some of my thoughts on this issue.

1. We are not that much more "divided" than we have ever been as a country. That is the first assumption the media makes that is not provable or based on any factual analysis.
2. As political interest rises, the appearance of "division" increases. This is a theory I have that I find very frustrating that isn't discussed more often. For years in the this country (let's say 1990 to 2008), the media railed on the "lack of interest' Americans had in the political process. Voter turnout kept decreasing. Polls indicated time and again, many Americans cared less and less about both local and Washington politics. People felt their votes didn't matter. The media took this ignorance and lack of interest as a genuine "fall of Democracy". That was the narrative for a decade or more. But here we are in 2018 and Trump (by his very existence as President) has literally driven political interest and voter turnout through the roof. Never in my lifetime (and I was born in 1969) have I seen people more engaged or interested in the issues than they are now. That's a GOOD THING that the media fails to grasp or consider when evaluating Trump's presidency.
3. The result of massive, new interest in the issues and political process, is that people take sides. This is a natural, predictable and historical reaction to "getting involved". At every time in our country's history, as the masses get more involved in politics, violence and discourse increase. Americans have never "discussed" their political differences rationally or politely. From the birth of nation, to the Civil War, to the Reconstruction, to the Great Depression and FDR, to the violent protests during the Vietnam War, never (and I mean never) was social discourse done "rationally".

So is Trump the cause of increased discourse and violence in politics? Yes, but only to the extent his Presidency has massively increased interest in politics. His language isn't the cause. His policies aren't the cause. His twitter isn't the cause.

This "great discourse" and associated violence will wane just as interest in politics will wane during some future leader. What frustrates me is the idea the media WANTS more interest in politics (and they "create" interest as best possible with outlandish headlines and extreme opinion editorials), but then think that increased interest will be civil and respect each other during our disagreements.

It just doesn't work that way.

Do you want a country active and engaged in the issues, voting and arguing? Or do you want a country that doesn't show up at the polls, cares less about politics and thinks they are all the same and just floats down the stream casually without incident?

I don't have a good answer.

The media is doing its best to keep us divided. Offering biased coverage to forward their agenda, while at the same time casting a blind eye at the transgressions of the Democrats. This is going to anger both sides.

I think the real reason for the political dive is Trump has been a political Godzilla and “ they “ can’t stop him. I did my own research, Trump won 23 of the top 25 states with the highest birth rates. Many Democratic states especially those in the North East have a declining birth rate. This has been the case for many years, meaning we shall soon see a redistribution of the caped electoral votes trending toward Republican States

Trump is stopping illegal immigration, a hopeful source for democratic votes. His economy is doing well. The middle and working class does not want to give up their tax breaks. Trump has moves the Supreme court to the right for at least 20 year of majority. Give his tariffs time, you’ll see a better deal for the USA, and there is a chance of limiting the worries about North Korea too.

I think we’ll see clarity after the mid-terms. Republicans will hold the Senate. The house if you believe the polls will go to the Democrats, but in the end. Does that really matter? Obama showed how to get his issues rammed through via executive orders without the house or the senate for years. Trump can do the same.

The media is doing its best to keep us divided. Offering biased coverage to forward their agenda, while at the same time casting a blind eye at the transgressions of the Democrats. This is going to anger both sides.

I think the real reason for the political dive is Trump has been a political Godzilla and “ they “ can’t stop him. I did my own research, Trump won 23 of the top 25 states with the highest birth rates. Many Democratic states especially those in the North East have a declining birth rate. This has been the case for many years, meaning we shall soon see a redistribution of the caped electoral votes trending toward Republican States

Trump is stopping illegal immigration, a hopeful source for democratic votes. His economy is doing well. The middle and working class does not want to give up their tax breaks. Trump has moves the Supreme court to the right for at least 20 year of majority. Give his tariffs time, you’ll see a better deal for the USA, and there is a chance of limiting the worries about North Korea too.

I think we’ll see clarity after the mid-terms. Republicans will hold the Senate. The house if you believe the polls will go to the Democrats, but in the end. Does that really matter? Obama showed how to get his issues rammed through via executive orders without the house or the senate for years. Trump can do the same.

I agree with much of this but I'm not sure it's as nefarious as we (all) make it out to be.

The media loves controversy, rash opinions, disagreements, even tragedies, because it all drives ratings and clicks. But this isn't nefarious. It's just their business model. We can argue the morality of the media using controversy, rash opinion, disagreements and tragedies for their benefit until the cows come home but it's not going to CHANGE anything because the bottom line is if they don't get eyeballs and clicks, they die.

Trump is the EXACT same way. He uses controversy, rash opinions, disagreements and tragedies to get VOTES. No different than what the media has been doing to years to get viewership. Why is it morally wrong for Trump to generate interest and support of his platform any differently that the way the media generates interest in their product?

Neither is taking the high road. Neither SHOULD take the high road, not when everything Trump does in his life is based on results and not "quietly floating down the stream". That's what America voted for and that's what we are getting. Not the same old, same old, politically correct politician that worries more about what the media thinks of him than getting things done.

We have to get away from this idea in our country that people or sides are "evil" or "nefarious" or have "intent to harm". Trump isn't here to hurt the country. He's doing what he thinks is best. The media (however much I currently disagree with them) isn't doing what they are doing to harm anyone on purpose. They are just playing the game the way they've always played it. Are there unforeseen consequences to these "games"? Sure, but it's not intentional by either side.

Both sides need to take a step back and understand the amount of harm either side could do isn't quite as "world shaking" as they think it is.

The media loves controversy, rash opinions, disagreements, even tragedies, because it all drives ratings and clicks. But this isn't nefarious. It's just their business model. We can argue the morality of the media using controversy, rash opinion, disagreements and tragedies for their benefit until the cows come home but it's not going to CHANGE anything because the bottom line is if they don't get eyeballs and clicks, they die.

Sorry deljzc, but when media coverage is 90% negative on one side and journalists themselves are overwhelmingly Democrat, I don't think you can chalk this up to just a love of controversy.

Trump is the EXACT same way. He uses controversy, rash opinions, disagreements and tragedies to get VOTES. No different than what the media has been doing to years to get viewership. Why is it morally wrong for Trump to generate interest and support of his platform any differently that the way the media generates interest in their product?

It is not morally wrong for Trump to generate interest, and it is not morally wrong for the media to generate interest. The difference is that the media purports itself to be unbiased reporters of facts. That is clearly a lie.

Coaches and players of the Pittsburgh Steelers Pay their respects today at the tree of life temple.

Proud of my team.