• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Big Question - Do you Want Steelers to Win or Lose Remaining Games?

Not even sure that would spark change. The FO doesn't care about playoff futility do not sure another embarrassing finish would do anything.
Just my perspective. But Art de la duce seems content with the Steelers brand win or lose. The franchise is established enough where tickets and merchandise will sell regardless of record.

Just my perspective. But Art de la duce seems content with the Steelers brand win or lose. The franchise is established enough where tickets and merchandise will sell regardless of record.
Unfortunately I think you are right.

Of course you want them to win. But as a fan you also realize there is a business aspect to pro sports. The trade off is hope for losers in landing the next big prospect.

Intentionally tanking is a bad look regardless, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over a losing season and if they lost there remaining games. Part of me wants them to get blown out every game in hopes that it sparks a regime change. The team seriously needs a hard look outside with a fresh approach.

But a part of me also wants to see progress. Either way, whatever happens…happens. It’s outside of my control
I think Shades has two more years on his contract, meaning that they could go 0-17 each of the next two seasons and he still isn't going anywhere.
Same with Canaduh. If the rumor that he has another year on his contract is true then he'll be back next year.

I think Shades has two more years on his contract, meaning that they could go 0-17 each of the next two seasons and he still isn't going anywhere.
Same with Canaduh. If the rumor that he has another year on his contract is true then he'll be back next year.
If that’s the case. RIP Kenny’s career
:(

The reality is that either next season or the one after Art 2.0 will more or less turn the reigns over to Dan 2.0…. That will be the big change about to happen… Art Sr was 73ish when he turned the team president title over to Dan( though dan was pretty much on charge since 69) dan was 70 when he gave it to Art 2… art 2 is 70 now… DMR is probably mid thirties now… but we probably see something like with Dan where art sr gave him a ton of power but didn’t give up the official team president title for like 5 or 6 years… I don’t feel like art will hang onto it that long… maybe just as a formality for league meetings and such…

we can hope Dan 2.0 is a little more hands on than Art Duece.

Salute the nation

I use to take a week and a win to get over a loss, now not so much. I hate to ******* lose but I also hate ******* picking in the 20s with no shot of doing anything in the playoffs.

So as of now if we win I don't get to excited and if we lose I don't get pissed. It just is what it is. I always had faith that Noll or Cowher would right the ship after a ****** stretch I have ZERO faith in that happening now.

I use to take a week and a win to get over a loss, now not so much. I hate to ******* lose but I also hate ******* picking in the 20s with no shot of doing anything in the playoffs.

So as of now if we win I don't get to excited and if we lose I don't get pissed. It just is what it is. I always had faith that Noll or Cowher would right the ship after a ****** stretch I have ZERO faith in that happening now.

Excellent post wearriors42 and thanks for all your great ones along the way.!!!

I feel the same way. The coaches of old, always seemed to have a chance whereas this current coaching not so much.

I know times have changed but in order for this current regime to be righted, the philosophy must change. Both offense and defensive schemes are soft, very soft.

Salute the nation

Yeah, like we all heard of him. Phew, Slash Vag must be near. Is he coming to your emotional rescue? Oh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh pfff
Marvin Zindler was an investigative Reporter here in Houston for Eyewitness News back in the day.
Very informative and well liked and received here in our city.
We wouldn’t expect you to know who he was but was an institution here in the 4th largest city in America.
Geez Coach, you need to chill the **** out here.

Marvin Zindler was an investigative Reporter here in Houston for Eyewitness News back in the day.
Very informative and well liked and received here in our city.
We wouldn’t expect you to know who he was but was an institution here in the 4th largest city in America.
Geez Coach, you need to chill the **** out here.
they did make a movie about him....he is famous enough....**** coach

they did make a movie about him....he is famous enough....**** coach
I remember the movie for sure but come on Coolie, you know damn well Coach would never be aware of that.
He was too busy putting together his extensive draft analysis every year to pay attention
**** Coach!

Never root for them to lose.
Draft picks aren't going to help this team. Philosophy and long term vision will help this team.
THIS

Until the philosophy changes (both sides of the ball), we will struggle.

It took 10 - 1st round picks to make the “D” significant yet the philosophy was there before the “magnificent 10” and is still there Post the 10. How long will it take To get another “10” together…..? Offense………?

Salute the nation

A year later and the question needs to be posed again. Do you want the steelers to win and sneak into the playoffs or lose and get good picks, and be forced to make real changes?

Last year the issue was Canada. Unfortunately i was right that if they got their magic non-losing record, they would keep Canada which would doom the 23 season and crush any hopes of developing Kenny.

We're here again. If they win 9 or 10, maybe even snag that last playoff spot, there's a real chance they just keep doing what they're doing. Promote an OC from within, keep the coaching staff the smallest in the NFL so there aren't enough teachers to monitor recess. Keep Austin as DC.

Looking back at last year's responses, most still wanted the steelers to win, even though it was a dead end and meant a return of Matt Canada. How about now?

Is it bad enough yet?

A year later and the question needs to be posed again. Do you want the steelers to win and sneak into the playoffs or lose and get good picks, and be forced to make real changes?

Last year the issue was Canada. Unfortunately i was right that if they got their magic non-losing record, they would keep Canada which would doom the 23 season and crush any hopes of developing Kenny.

We're here again. If they win 9 or 10, maybe even snag that last playoff spot, there's a real chance they just keep doing what they're doing. Promote an OC from within, keep the coaching staff the smallest in the NFL so there aren't enough teachers to monitor recess. Keep Austin as DC.

Looking back at last year's responses, most still wanted the steelers to win, even though it was a dead end and meant a return of Matt Canada. How about now?

Is it bad enough yet?

Whatever it takes to get real change and end this charade.

In college they don't put up with mediocrity for long. Let Alabama,Georgia,Ohio State,Michigan lose 3-4 games every year and you'll get fired. That non losing season won't cut it.

NHL hockey you'll get **** canned pretty quick too for extended mediocre seasons. When you go stale you get replaced.