• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Census question, are you a citizen?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Let's see they ask for my age, marital status, gender, state I live in, race, etc... but some object to asking if a person is a citizen of the USA?

I thought the point of the census was to provision for the citizens.

Was listening to someone getting interviewed the other day on the radio and she said she didn't expect many illegals to fill out Census forms because, you know, they don't want to be tracked or put their name on a piece of paper. Also there is a movement afoot in Texas among Republicans to NOT fill out Census forms in order to offset the fraud and illegals, thereby lowering the count for Texas and their Electoral votes. If Texas goes blue then it's over, and the Democrats know this, it's why they want more illegals.

Wouldnt illegals just say they are citizens?

The census process is broke and has been for many years now....

The country needs to develop a new process to determine who is in our country.....legally, those on visa's,and illegally..

The way it stands right now, its just all political meaningless bullshit..

I've said it for a while now - this nation has already fallen off the cliff, we just haven't hit bottom yet.

Apparently the citizenship question has been on there for over 200 years. It was just removed in 2010.

In any case, whether the census process is broke or not, leave the damn question on.

I'm pretty stingy with my census answers. I give them ages and gender of the people in the house. That's it. They don't like it.

The whole thing is stupid. people will either lie, ignore the question, or just ignore the whole census.

Boycott the census. Interesting. Might as well since I don't have much for representation here in Oregon anyway.

Isn't there a scientific way to measure the amount of feces in the streets to get a more accurate count of the homeless and illegals?

The only reason the Constitution is written to count "everyone" when determining representation was because of slave owners and Southern aristocracy to keep power in their states.

If slavery is the root of this "law", shouldn't it be changed? Wasn't that a dark time that has to be whitewashed and paid off with reparations? According to the left, half the Constitution is worthless because it was written by slave owners and "in a different time". But not this part?