• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

You can see why Steelers are where they are

No apologies needed …
I appreciate our ex QBs thoughts and opinions obviously..

To be clear Stewey..I am not saying he is wrong and I know more than Ben about QB play ..

My opinion is the guy seems to say stuff… just to be heard or be relevant ..and he has done more waffling on alot of his opinions than Waffle House on a busy Saturday night!

I wasn’t singling you out Dino, by no means.
It was a tongue in cheek joke meant for all who add their .02 here.lol

The defense has looked good enough to carry the team against a 7-10 falcons team with an old hobbled journeyman at QB and a rookie QB on the Bears that has looked as bad as any QB in the league.
Defense doesn't win championships anymore in the NFL.

What's the point of making the playoffs if you can't score points?

I say let Fields play until Wilson is healthy and rest Warren until he is 100%. Get Jones as far away from right tackle as possible.
People are finally waking up and seeing the gaping hole at WR 2 and 3. Pickens looks better than advertised but he can't do everything? Fields could have really used a guy like Dj, who is always open short that catches the ball half the time vs what he has.
I had to chuckle at your “ people are finally waking up and seeing the gaping hole at WR 2 and 3.
I am sure the mentioning of getting a WR 2 has been the most talked about thing on this forum for the last who knows how long.
The old alarm clock has been ringing very early and often on this site with regards to that topic. Cheers

I had to chuckle at your “ people are finally waking up and seeing the gaping hole at WR 2 and 3.
I am sure the mentioning of getting a WR 2 has been the most talked about thing on this forum for the last who knows how long.
The old alarm clock has been ringing very early and often on this site with regards to that topic. Cheers
I heard after his disappointing start Aiyuk is headed over to the Steelers

Let JF cook!! They are going have to run fields on first and second down more. if they are going to start him they need to let him cook! Hes fine on third downs as long as it’s not third and long. The offensive line is so horrible so it’s hard to stay out of third and long. Let JF cook!!!

To be fair, he's had two 51 yard completions wiped out by penalty, and a promising drive shut down by 3 penalties from our supposed to be franchise LT playing out of position at RT. They still haven't found a way to use Muth consistently, and without a viable WR2, that should be a focal point. Pickens, Muth, then Jefferson and Austin. Both should be getting 8-10 targets a game.

Why not both? I'm the mindset of surround yourself with talent and play that talent. RW is a 1 year rental. We aren't paying him over $30M to be our QB, and he's looking for that type of contract. He's the better QB IMHO, which is why I want him to start when he's healthy, just not against the chargers front 7. Then when he starts, you have a Fields package for short yardage and change ups. This is what I want.

Same with Warren Najee, use em both! Keep em both healthy and fresh. IT's not an either or in either situation, it's the spoils of talent! This team has also done a killer job at restocking the ILBs, NTs, and OL which were terrible 3 years ago. Secondary is restocked and has depth with Trice and both safeties Edmunds and Kazee behind Fitz and Elliot. Sutton is coming back mid season to lock down the NCB, though Bishop is doing better than I expected. We're 3 deep at OLB. We're 3 deep at TE and RB, have 2 great QBs, 3 stud tackles. There really isn't a weakness on this team depth wise except maybe Center if Zach goes down because we already lost Herbig. That's it. That's all I see.

Steelers have done a tremendous job of restocking these past 2 years under Khan. Sure it doesn't matter where KC is drafting because they have an all time great HOFer at QB, so much like when we had Ben and were drafting late, it didn't matter because we had our HOFer. We don't have a HOF QB, and if we did, we'd be a powerhouse and SB caliber team yet again. Can Fields and or Wilson get us there? I think they have the potential, but we have to figure out a way to beat Allen and Maholmes in the playoffs to get that chance. And we had a tough couple decades going up against the GOAT Brady to get SBs.

Why not both? I'm the mindset of surround yourself with talent and play that talent. RW is a 1 year rental. We aren't paying him over $30M to be our QB, and he's looking for that type of contract. He's the better QB IMHO, which is why I want him to start when he's healthy, just not against the chargers front 7. Then when he starts, you have a Fields package for short yardage and change ups. This is what I want.

Same with Warren Najee, use em both! Keep em both healthy and fresh. IT's not an either or in either situation, it's the spoils of talent! This team has also done a killer job at restocking the ILBs, NTs, and OL which were terrible 3 years ago. Secondary is restocked and has depth with Trice and both safeties Edmunds and Kazee behind Fitz and Elliot. Sutton is coming back mid season to lock down the NCB, though Bishop is doing better than I expected. We're 3 deep at OLB. We're 3 deep at TE and RB, have 2 great QBs, 3 stud tackles. There really isn't a weakness on this team depth wise except maybe Center if Zach goes down because we already lost Herbig. That's it. That's all I see.

Steelers have done a tremendous job of restocking these past 2 years under Khan. Sure it doesn't matter where KC is drafting because they have an all time great HOFer at QB, so much like when we had Ben and were drafting late, it didn't matter because we had our HOFer. We don't have a HOF QB, and if we did, we'd be a powerhouse and SB caliber team yet again. Can Fields and or Wilson get us there? I think they have the potential, but we have to figure out a way to beat Allen and Maholmes in the playoffs to get that chance. And we had a tough couple decades going up against the GOAT Brady to get SBs.
I'd like to see them Run Najee's wheels off atleast until Warren is 100%, That makes too much sense for Tomlin to do.
We would have a punchers chance with a prime Ben but WR would still be an issue.
3 Stud Tackles? Thats a bold bold statement. A 50/50 Bust in Jones, yet to be seen. The guy who has played below average to downright turnstyle the past few years, and a young Rookie unknown.
The Cheifs and Bills have regressed this year or atleast it looks that way. Allen lost his top 2 WR, and KC is signing Kareem Hunt due to the Pacheco Injury. Its wide open in the AFC as everyone looks beatable if you get lucky. We have the Defense to get Lucky, I agree, I want to see Russ and have them Run with Fields, because under 20 points per game isn't winning in the playoffs.

Just for accuracy sake

Jones has not played for us the “past few years”.
Been here for 1.12 seasons approximately and was playing pretty decent even tho he was on the wrong side last year, a year in which he didn’t start the whole year either…it took Chuks sharting the bed to even get in there

Just for accuracy sake