• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Climate Change Thread

K9dmu1z.gif

You know---

The weather is here.....wish you were beautiful!

Take advantage of your personal carbon footprint.,...and have a great day!

these climate alarmist are nothing but paranoid control freaks

Just think, this is the first Thanksgiving we can eat some frankenturkey. Thanks Bill Gates.

aQ3R0Bz.png

Imma gonna interject a Jonboy question here....... or Smash.
Being old, slow witted and never considered a scholar at any point of time, I saw a quote ( witticism ? ) in a book I'm reading and wondered if it was based on any fact or was it just a flippant remark ?

"Insurance actuaries are the equivalent of a mortician with an abacus. "

The writer, Chaney Maggert, does have some dark stuff slipped in, like

"Birthday party's are just beats of the metronome that counts our final days"
" Being forgotten is the cruelest disease of all"

but a quick yea or nay would help me decide whether to give these other comments I don't understand thought or keep glossing over them.

th

"Insurance actuaries are the equivalent of a mortician with an abacus. "

I would refer you to an actuary but he is too busy avoiding showers and baths and generally making Florida a place to avoid, having finished that work in Arkansas.

Where are the stories about the hot temps this week? I think my heat is going to kick on tonight.

Yeah ...easy for you to say. You're not stuck in the middle of the Florida woods in August with no air conditioning till you get your back ordered part.

th
Is that one of your sled dogs?

I thought all you southerners had coonhounds or hairless chihuahuas.

My neighbor has 4 chihuahuas.

we are having the coldest, wettest summer I have ever seen
In Pittsburgh I think we've only had one day over 90* this year, although not a lot of rain.
That tells me it's El Nino and not climate change.

In Pittsburgh I think we've only had one day over 90* this year, although not a lot of rain.
That tells me it's El Nino and not climate change.

Weather Channel interviews a climatologist, who earns a living off the global warming scare. She says the extreme heat (is it?) is due to man-made climate change from CO2 ... and El Nino.

Huh. Can tax only one of those. Guess which one they focused the entire interview on.

El Nino been around longer than climate change. Ask a fisherman. Not a politician.

It rained pretty hard here yesterday, and currently just 63 degrees outside, but it's 72 degrees inside. What does this all mean?
It means one of three things:
- your insulation works
- you have the heat on in early August, or
- there is plenty of hot air in your 4 walls to comfort you.

Yeah ...easy for you to say. You're not stuck in the middle of the Florida woods in August with no air conditioning till you get your back ordered part.

th

yWHDWjv.gif

I've had that happen before about 25 years ago. Middle of Aug 98-100 degrees out,wildfires all around with blue smoke and ash dropping,so no opening windows. We had to stay in a hotel for a week.

Your inside temperature is different than the ambient temperature??

giphy.gif
Flog puts Tibs' rectal thermometer under ze/zer/zey/zem's pierced tongue.