• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Climate Change Thread

uPUCq1I.png
Since we're not dead yet, you'd think the Greenies would take credit for their bull*** anti-climate change stuff working. But they don't, which tells you it's not about the climate.

I'll see your anecdotal record low snowfall in the midatlantic this year with the record snowfall in my area this winter.

Perhaps next year it will be just the opposite.
Chicken Little will have nothing to do with your logic and common sense.

AZ was never meant to support the number of people moving here. In the case of Rio Verde, it's a small isolated, unincorporated area just north of the Fort McDowell Yavapai Indian reservation. Someone thought it a good idea to build a planned community there and are now shocked that there's no water. People that choose to build in isolated areas do so at their own risk, generators, septic systems, and water trucked in are a way of life.
The Colorado river simply can't sustain the growth in AZ, NV, and CA.

Great news, all around. Awesome to see sanity & science is beginning to prevail over lunacy & ignorance.

Money spent on Chinese products with a short useful life versus money spent domestically that can pump oil and gas for decades.

There are a few charging stations around. They were built with fed money. I have heard that there are a only a dozen or so EVs registered in this state.

We just laugh.

Electric cars are practical alternative to internal combustion if you're in a city and only using it within that city or short or medium trips. But for me to have and electric car and try to get from North Carolina to Western PA, the heck with that. The trip already takes 9+ hours. I'm not sitting around waiting an hour or more to charge the vehicle half way through the trip.

Electric cars are practical alternative to internal combustion if you're in a city and only using it within that city or short or medium trips. But for me to have and electric car and try to get from North Carolina to Western PA, the heck with that. The trip already takes 9+ hours. I'm not sitting around waiting an hour or more to charge the vehicle half way through the trip.
That's the main issue. I can drive my truck 300 miles, spend 10 minutes getting gas and taking a leak, and drive another 300 miles.
I could live with a hybrid on a daily basis but they'll have to get the cost of replacement batteries down.

That's the main issue. I can drive my truck 300 miles, spend 10 minutes getting gas and taking a leak, and drive another 300 miles.
I could live with a hybrid on a daily basis but they'll have to get the cost of replacement batteries down.
Yeah, I can picture going to the far reaches of the forest to hunt deer in an electric vehicle.

It makes no sense.