• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Death of Free Speech

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Free speech is dead in this country, unless you are Antifa, Anti-trump BLM, SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, etc etc. A conservative rally was shut down in SF CA , strictly because they didn't like the conservative message. They gave lip service to attempting to prevent violence, but notice, they never shut down the counter protesters. Antifa is allowed to indiscriminately destroy a college campus, and police stand down. We see Canada headed down that same path. If you are conservative, then you are a purveyor of hate speech. Our first amendment is under attack from the left, and if this continues, the result will be violent . The tolerant left.......what a joke.

Pro-Trump group cancels San Francisco rally as hundreds of counter protesters march on the streets

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/08/26/a-pro-trump-group-canceled-its-rally-but-san-francisco-prepared-for-violence-anyway/?utm_term=.0bc19094ef5c

Thepro-Trump group PatriotPrayer canceled the“Freedom Rally,” as city leaders braced for the kind of protest that drew extremist groups to Charlottesville, Virginia earlier this month. The Oregon-based group then planned to hold a news conference instead — but that, too, did not happen after the city blocked the venue from the public.Meanwhile, hundreds of counter protesters gathered at a San Francisco park on Saturday morning and marched until the afternoon, according to media reports.

In a statement,Mayor Ed Lee said the march was peaceful. Police Chief Bill Scott told the San Francisco Chronicle that there were no major problems, aside from one public intoxication arrest.
“Today,the people of San Francisco, once again, peacefully united to reject hate and violence,” Lee said.

Organizers of the “Freedom Rally,” however, blamed the cancellation of their event on public officials who they say have falsely portrayed them as violent right-wing extremists intent on bringing hate to San Francisco. Speaking with reporters Saturday afternoon, Joey Gibson, founder of Patriot Prayer, also blamed“antifa,” referring to anti-fascist groups, and BAMN, or By Any Means Necessary, a left-wing group. He said the groups followed them throughout the day and kept them from holding events.

“Right now, we had to cancel the rally … It was the best thing to do for the city … because the way it was set up is that a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt,” Gibson told reporters. “It would’ve been a huge riot.”

“FreedomRally” was scheduled Saturday afternoon at Crissy Field, arecreHundreds of counterprotesters marched on the streets of San Francisco on Saturday, the same day that organizers of a right-wing group canceled their events and moved locations, saying they wanted to avoid a riot.ational area near the Golden Gate Bridge. After cancelingit, Gibson said his group planned to hold a news conferenceSaturday afternoon at Alamo Square Park to “talk about some of therhetoric in San Francisco.” But the city, suspicious of thegroup’s intentions, on Saturday morning built fences around thepark, where counterprotesters also planned to gather, CBSaffiliate KCBS reported.Gibson then wrote on Facebook he will hold an “indoor newsconference” and show up at “random spots” in the city to talkto residents.
Counter protesters later showed up at Alamo Square Park to protest the canceled news conference. Minor scuffles broke out between them and police officers, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.Some demanded to be allowed past police barricades. They chanted,“Let us in!” and, “Our streets!”

Tensions between Gibson’s group and city officials have been brewing over the past several days. Mayor Ed Lee on Wednesday condemned the decision by the National Park Service, which controls Crissy Field,to grant Gibson’s group a permit.

Last edited:
BAMN. By any means necessary??? **** you people. The alt-left can go straight to hell. Free speech must be regained.

I swear they're trying like hell to start a civil war. The west coast states are a complete lost cause.

I swear they're trying like hell to start a civil war. The west coast states are a complete lost cause.

I believe many are beginning to realize a greater appreciation for the 2nd Amendment right about now.

The Left is following their playbook to a tee. This is why the 2nd Amendment is so important, if we weren't an armed population there would already be mobs of them murdering people that did not subscribe to the proper groupthink.

I would be OK with California, Oregon, and Washington either falling into the ocean or seceding.

I can't believe Tibs has not yet denounced this violence.

I would be OK with California, Oregon, and Washington either falling into the ocean or seceding.

as long as the CONservatives were evacuated beforehand. not all of the populations of those states are Libtards.

You'll wait. And wait. And wait. Violence only matters to him when it's targeted towards someone on the Left.

The following will cause outrage: Violence to a D politician, someone from Hollywood, a radical protester from the Left, someone that supports Leftist policies.

The following will not cause any outrage: Assassination attempts against R Congressmen, our veterans being mugged and beaten by BLM, BLM assassinating police, AntiFA attacking innocent people across the country at political rallies. I could go on.

Speaking of the topic, I had a discussion the other day with a Liberal friend. She's really brilliant, has worked high up in the corporate world as long as I have. Two beautiful children. Blah, blah. After Charlottesville, absolutely believes we should curtail free speech, that hate speech towards Jews and African Americans. Like seriously, go to jail if you utter the N word, etc.

We have lost our minds.

Speaking of the topic, I had a discussion the other day with a Liberal friend. She's really brilliant, has worked high up in the corporate world as long as I have. Two beautiful children. Blah, blah. After Charlottesville, absolutely believes we should curtail free speech, that hate speech towards Jews and African Americans. Like seriously, go to jail if you utter the N word, etc.

We have lost our minds.

It this is what happens to good, sane people when they use emotion rather than logic.

What violence is that? From hamster's post:

In a statement Mayor Ed Lee said the march was peaceful. Police Chief Bill Scott told the San Francisco Chronicle that there were no major problems, aside from one public intoxication arrest.

Berkeley police deliberately allowed masked “Antifa” anarchists to jump a barricade and attack a demonstration by a peaceful right-wing group on Sunday, leading to five assaults, including on Patriot Prayer group leader Joey Gibson.
The counter-demonstration had reportedly been “largely peaceful” until that point.

The police later defended their decision by arguing that keeping the anarchists out would have led to greater violence. There was “no need for a confrontation over a grass patch,” Berkeley police chief Andrew Greenwood said, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

The original “No to Marxism” protest had been denied a permit by the city, but a small group of protesters showed up anyway, as did 2,000 “largely peaceful” counter-demonstrators, the Mercury News reported. SFGate.com reported that there were 400 police on hand to prevent violence. But they stepped aside, the Mercury News reported, when over 100 masked anarchists “busted through police lines, avoiding security checks by officers to take away possible weapons.”

advertisement
The result was several severe beatings of those who had gathered to protest against Marxism. Thirteen of the anarchists were arrested, the Chronicle reported.

.///

Berkeley police deliberately allowed masked “Antifa” anarchists to jump a barricade and attack a demonstration by a peaceful right-wing group on Sunday, leading to five assaults, including on Patriot Prayer group leader Joey Gibson.
I denounce this violence. The cops should not have allowed these Nazis to get beat up like that. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thirteen of the anarchists were arrested, the Chronicle reported.
Good, nice to see the police were doing their jobs after all.

Do the rest of you see? LOL

It's amazing what your filters let you see and what your filters blind you to seeing. OUTRAGE over Charlottesville. OUTRAGE. No outrage over BLM police assassinations. Yeah, when pushed, we get the fine print, mealy mouth, legal-fine-print canned response from you "I denounce this violence" before you go post 97 more times about Charlottesville. It's utterly comical. The article posted talked about violence. You ask "what violence?" before it had to be pointed out to you because you don't see it first pass. Ooopps. Your filters are strong.

When we see images like this of AntiFA from Berkeley, we see violence and destruction in the name of political beliefs:

berkeley_riot-1486069721-1414.jpg

That image above actually looks like the following image to you in your mind's eye:

image.jpg

It's AntiFA? Why...that was a peaceful march, and it's an honor to see them stand up for America. They are Patriots.

You ask "what violence?" before it had to be pointed out to you because you don't see it first pass. Ooopps. Your filters are strong.
Hey dipshit, the blurb from Indy was not from the article initially posted by hamster. Of course I didn't see it 'first pass' because it wasn't there. ******* moron.

Hey dipshit, the blurb from Indy was not from the article initially posted by hamster. Of course I didn't see it 'first pass' because it wasn't there. ******* moron.

There you go again with the name calling. Was calling Tim a "******* moron" really necessary?

We have lost our minds.

I don't know about jailing people for openly denigrating Blacks or Jews.........but they should probably receive a public *** beating for it. Might wise them up a little bit. Same goes for anyone denigrating someone based on their race.

It's funny how the left-wing protesters were CLEARLY the aggressors in San Francisco, yet no one wants to jump to any conclusions that maybe they were also the aggressors in Charlottesville.

Funny how the media is so quiet on that comparison yet Wolf Blitzer wants to compare a guy using his car in the heat of passion and killed someone to Muslim Terrorists that are using cars in premeditated terror attacks all over Europe....

There you go again with the name calling. Was calling Tim a "******* moron" really necessary?
Maybe you should tell little Timmy to stop hounding me thread after thread, making an *** of himself. That would significantly lessen the chances of being called a ******* moron. Life is about the choices we make.

LMAO. OMG.

From the article:

Counter protesters later showed up at Alamo Square Park to protest the canceled news conference. Minor scuffles broke out between them and police officers, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.Some demanded to be allowed past police barricades. They chanted,“Let us in!” and, “Our streets!”

Not ONLY was it in the original article, Indy posted another source.

You DID miss it in the original article. This is just too easy.

Maybe you should tell little Timmy to stop hounding me thread after thread, making an *** of himself. That would significantly lessen the chances of being called a ******* moron. Life is about the choices we make.

Awwww. wook at dat. Widdle Tibsie, the man who dispels lies and fake news, who only sells truth on this board, who walks the higher ground and doesn't insult others, who researches and cross references his posts and accuses us not liking the "facts" he brings to the board, hates having his "facts" ripped apart time and time again.

Sawwy for showing woo your widdle cwaims and facks are all wong.

rjoc8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about jailing people for openly denigrating Blacks or Jews.........but they should probably receive a public *** beating for it. Might wise them up a little bit. Same goes for anyone denigrating someone based on their race.

We as a society shouldn't tolerate it. But we never ever jail for it or make it illegal. Otherwise, say bye bye to Free Speech, which is far more important.

I've gotta stop responding to you, as you don't deserve a seat at the grownups' table where people have rational conversation. The original article mentioned 'minor scuffles' and 'chanting protestors.' Nothing about the violent attacks outlined in the second article. You simply can't be this dense. Actually, I take that back.

I don't care if you constantly expose yourself like this. You may want to take a deep breath, count to three and think before you post. Actually, you shouldn't, just keep doing you. Your Trump fanboy brethren seem to love it, they egg you on. It makes sense, since you're all part of some bizarre online cult where lies and deception are openly worshiped.