• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The @#$! Disney Thread

**** those pedo turds. We're talking about K-3 graders they want to influence. And Disney is up in arms about that? They already have **** day in Disney as If that was needed. The ******* place is geared for kids. Epcot is more adult.

Why does society have to keep caving to sexual deviates? Go create fagland with bathhouses and have at it .

This whole pushing trans **** on kids is to groom them for adult pedophiles to **** them. Nobody has any buisness pushing anything sexual on young kids. Period.

Oh it's a trans kid, not like a normal kid it's a ok. Our society is turning to total garbage.
It’s all Coolie’s fault

I absolutely see NC's side of this. Remove "Disney" and the actions they're doing/not doing.
Goobermint should not have the power to envoke/remove special taxes/permits regardless of entity.

I also believe the Left should be cheering this on, since they want everyone to pay their fair share of taxes and somehow omit the top money earners at Disney. Oh, one shareholder is Vanguard Group. Hmmm...where have they been sticking their noses lately?

Maybe Elon should buy Disney and then DeSantis will reinstate the tax status?
Every tax paying citizen that has bought an NFL stadium. Pay up sheep for this billionaire and the NFL.

Yes, I don't mind special tax status being taken away from companies, but let's be real here. This wouldn't be a thing if Disney had not taken the stance they did. That is what I have issue with. That is where it becomes the govt. being punitive, because you know as well as I do that is the only reason it's being considered now. Otherwise - status quo would have prevailed.
How about the punitive, and purely political decision of the people that run the Biden Admin to revoke the Keystone XL permits on day one of the Biden regime, after billions of dollars of real investment $$$ had been spent?

Note that the people that run the Biden Admin could easily help global consumers and impoverish the Russian war machine by simply announcing the reinstatement of Keystone XL.....oil and gasoline prices drop, inflation drops and so does Russia's income.

How about the punitive, and purely political decision of the people that run the Biden Admin to revoke the Keystone XL permits on day one of the Biden regime, after billions of dollars of real investment $$$ had been spent?

Note that the people that run the Biden Admin could easily help global consumers and impoverish the Russian war machine by simply announcing the reinstatement of Keystone XL.....oil and gasoline prices drop, inflation drops and so does Russia's income.
Yep...The sanctions imposed against Russia are just a rouse. Much more punitive damages could be done if the powers that be wanted it done. It's all a show....

iu

Reactions: MTC

Of course I was against that as well. I'm also against Biden's sanctions on Russia as they are performative and bullshit. Anytime sanctions are placed on countries they don't hurt the intended targets - they hurt the people in the country. For some reason there are a lot of folks that think this will make the people "rise up" against those in charge. Pfffftt - never happens.

Government keeps growing and growing, and using their power in ways that people should be alarmed at, except what I see is both sides cheering on their particular brand of political beliefs and ideologies. Hey, they are attacking the other side using their governmental power, cool! No, not cool.

My last point on the Disney thing - Getting rid of special privileges for Disney and other corps IS conservative - doing it out of spite IS NOT.

Goobermint should not have the power to envoke/remove special taxes/permits regardless of entity.

That's what the gubmint does. Everywhere. Every nation. For the history of mankind. Unless I am misinterpreting what you tried to say there?

Last edited:
That's what the gubmint does. Everywhere. Every nation. For the history of mankind. Unless I am misinterpreting what you tried to say there?
i know goobermint does that. i dont think it's right. without going all @Ron Burgundy here, I'd also opine that this creates a lot of the economic crunch we feel at times, too. though i'll also suggest that it's a double-edged sword in that it helps create/stimulate jobs.

That’s the energy companies’ own damn fault for not putting Hunter Biden on their board.

i know goobermint does that. i dont think it's right. without going all @Ron Burgundy here, I'd also opine that this creates a lot of the economic crunch we feel at times, too. though i'll also suggest that it's a double-edged sword in that it helps create/stimulate jobs.
Basically the gummint uses the tax code to dispense favors in return for campaign donations.

Yep...The sanctions imposed against Russia are just a rouse. Much more punitive damages could be done if the powers that be wanted it done. It's all a show....

iu
^^^

Of course I was against that as well. I'm also against Biden's sanctions on Russia as they are performative and bullshit. Anytime sanctions are placed on countries they don't hurt the intended targets - they hurt the people in the country. For some reason there are a lot of folks that think this will make the people "rise up" against those in charge. Pfffftt - never happens.

Government keeps growing and growing, and using their power in ways that people should be alarmed at, except what I see is both sides cheering on their particular brand of political beliefs and ideologies. Hey, they are attacking the other side using their governmental power, cool! No, not cool.

My last point on the Disney thing - Getting rid of special privileges for Disney and other corps IS conservative - doing it out of spite IS NOT.
When a side argues against another side. They are often arguing the same outcome which is control. It only looks different at a philosophical/political stance. The outcome though is all control.

It's not right. Just what it is. He who can giveth can taketh away. Just how it goes.

When a side argues against another side. They are often arguing the same outcome which is control. It only looks different at a philosophical/political stance. The outcome though is all control.

Of course.

When we elect politicians to office, we give them control of certain things. Including taxation. Whether we like it or not, each time we elect someone we are giving them control.

How they wield that control is the issue. Taxation is the ultimate in control. You can use taxes to send someone to prison, to bankrupt a company, to segregate populations, to divide economic classes, to lure businesses to your county or state.

It's always going to be this way. Always.

I don't think it is as petty or double standard'ish as some think. The state of FL granted some amazing incentives to this company to come to FL. It benefited both parties. The state of FL no longer appreciates how that company operates and what they do. So they are revoking the privileges. And both parties will hurt should Disney flee to another state. Jobs and revenues lost. A ton of it.

The federal government plays these games all the time. I think they did it with Common Core. For states that signed up for it, they would grant the state their highway funding. If the state didn't, they didn't get it....or get the appreciable increases in highway revenue the compliant states were getting.

What if AZ signed up for Common Core, took the highway money, then 6 months in abandoned Common Core? The Fed Government will make them pay in one way or another for not following their ideological path.

Not different than Disney.

I just look at this as status quo, how the game's been played since taxation began.

This may not be a popular opinion with this group, but I'm going to say I disagree with what is being done. The fact is this only became a consideration because of the stance Disney is taking in opposition. To me this is a dangerous road to travel. Should governments wield punishments against those that don't agree with them?

Look, I don't like Disney's take at all, but l also don't agree with the "State" using punitive tactics like this either. Because let's face it - their stance is the only reason Desantis and company are doing this. Wouldn't even be a thought if Disney had not put it out there and then they would still be holding their special privileges because they were either in agreement or didn't openly oppose.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I don't want govt. that swings that power around on either side.
On one hand no they should not single out companies… on the other hand companies should not be allowed to be granted special tax exemptions or regulatory exemptions… nobody should get special treatment… if a company thinks your regs are too strict and you want to entice them in, get rid of it for everyone

Interestingly the two party’s frequently flip sides of an issue with some regularity… they do what they do to keep the money flowing and to get more power that in turn gets them more money

On one hand no they should not single out companies… on the other hand companies should not be allowed to be granted special tax exemptions or regulatory exemptions… nobody should get special treatment… if a company thinks your regs are too strict and you want to entice them in, get rid of it for everyone
Totally agree. Perks on the Federal, state or local level should not exist. Probably should be unconstitutional.

Interestingly the two party’s frequently flip sides of an issue with some regularity… they do what they do to keep the money flowing and to get more power that in turn gets them more money
Thinking I'm going to go into politics. That's where the money is...

Thinking I'm going to go into politics. That's where the money is...
Easy job. You get get paid and mooch off taxes to bs around and piss off liberals or conservatives whichever way you run.

Reactions: JMM

This goes even beyond just being granted EXCEPTIONAL favors - like self-governing.

As Desantis himself put it, Disney is a company based out of CA, that has this multi-billion operation set up in Florida. Disney Burbank objects to the Don't Say Gay law. Instead of working to please its shareholders as Disney should, Disney works to pursue a social agenda. Further, to pursue it in Florida - not its home state.

As Desantis correctly said, we have passed a law here in Florida to protect parental rights and Disney objects, fights against us and is working to undermine the rights of parents in this state....while still expecting these exceptional benefits they operate under? Hell no.

This goes even beyond just being granted EXCEPTIONAL favors - like self-governing.

As Desantis himself put it, Disney is a company based out of CA, that has this multi-billion operation set up in Florida. Disney Burbank objects to the Don't Say Gay law. Instead of working to please its shareholders as Disney should, Disney works to pursue a social agenda. Further, to pursue it in Florida - not its home state.

As Desantis correctly said, we have passed a law here in Florida to protect parental rights and Disney objects, fights against us and is working to undermine the rights of parents in this state....while still expecting these exceptional benefits they operate under? Hell no.

BINGO!.

You're not going to California our Florida. Keep that asinine bullshit over in cali.