• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The @#$! Disney Thread

Warren Buffet says thanks
Thanks for stopping the Keystone Pipeline so the oil has to be transported by a railroad that Warren Buffet owns.

Thanks for stopping the Keystone Pipeline so the oil has to be transported by a railroad that Warren Buffet owns.
Bill Gates owns a bunch of railroad stock too

So my dumb *** when hearing this was like what? Why do they get special treatment? **** them. Regardless if this was a co I liked or not, why would I Joe citizen want this billion dollar machine to get special treatment.

How can’t citizens who are crying about this wake the fuc* up

Hmmm, lessee, which method of transporting oil has a smaller carbon footprint....a pipeline that just sits there or a train pulled by three or four 5000 horsepower locomotives?

Of course.

When we elect politicians to office, we give them control of certain things. Including taxation. Whether we like it or not, each time we elect someone we are giving them control.

How they wield that control is the issue. Taxation is the ultimate in control. You can use taxes to send someone to prison, to bankrupt a company, to segregate populations, to divide economic classes, to lure businesses to your county or state.

It's always going to be this way. Always.

I don't think it is as petty or double standard'ish as some think. The state of FL granted some amazing incentives to this company to come to FL. It benefited both parties. The state of FL no longer appreciates how that company operates and what they do. So they are revoking the privileges. And both parties will hurt should Disney flee to another state. Jobs and revenues lost. A ton of it.

The federal government plays these games all the time. I think they did it with Common Core. For states that signed up for it, they would grant the state their highway funding. If the state didn't, they didn't get it....or get the appreciable increases in highway revenue the compliant states were getting.

What if AZ signed up for Common Core, took the highway money, then 6 months in abandoned Common Core? The Fed Government will make them pay in one way or another for not following their ideological path.

Not different than Disney.

I just look at this as status quo, how the game's been played since taxation began.
This is how the fed nullified the 10th amendment - basically bribed states to ignore it.

Surprise, surprise.

"How is this done, Warren?"

"Invest in railroads. We ensure they carry stuff that is better handled elsewhere, but won't be allowed."

I sold my DIs stock last week. worst time but still made 15% profit. will not buy again no matter how low it goes. this was one I expected to hold till retirement

Once, Hienz wanted to buy property that a functional factory was on. The owner of the business didn’t want to sell… so the city of Pittsburgh declared eminent domain on the property then sold it to hienz at far less than they were offering anyhow…. That bullshit drives me nuts

No state or city should be able to pick and choose what companies get catered to and what ones get screwed…

Reactions: JMM
Once, Hienz wanted to buy property that a functional factory was on. The owner of the business didn’t want to sell… so the city of Pittsburgh declared eminent domain on the property then sold it to hienz at far less than they were offering anyhow…. That bullshit drives me nuts

No state or city should be able to pick and choose what companies get catered to and what ones get screwed…
What's it called when the state manages production?

SCOTUS' Kelo v. New London decision makes that perfectly legal. Still baffles me how they decided that was legal.

Hmmm, lessee, which method of transporting oil has a smaller carbon footprint....a pipeline that just sits there or a train pulled by three or four 5000 horsepower locomotives?
stop being raysiss!!

Of course I was against that as well. I'm also against Biden's sanctions on Russia as they are performative and bullshit. Anytime sanctions are placed on countries they don't hurt the intended targets - they hurt the people in the country. For some reason there are a lot of folks that think this will make the people "rise up" against those in charge. Pfffftt - never happens.

Government keeps growing and growing, and using their power in ways that people should be alarmed at, except what I see is both sides cheering on their particular brand of political beliefs and ideologies. Hey, they are attacking the other side using their governmental power, cool! No, not cool.

My last point on the Disney thing - Getting rid of special privileges for Disney and other corps IS conservative - doing it out of spite IS NOT.
Do you want to bet that the people who run the Biden Administration will take action that will harm Twitter before the Nov elections?

Do you want to bet that the people who run the Biden Administration will take action that will harm Twitter before the Nov elections?
If they do, then that should be the final straw.
They’ve done enough damage as is

Possibly - I wouldn't bet against that happening.

It's so weird to see both sides being ok with govt. interference into things. Take the crowd that were defending Twitter's policies of suspending people for "wrong speech" whatever that means, and folks being ok with it because "It's a private company, free market, they can do what they want" (well, not really - it was a public company with shareholders, and now it's a private company under Musk - but I digress) Except that quite a bit of their actions were pushed by the govt in the name of protecting against dis-information. Subjective, stupid and pushed by govt - seems to be against the 1st amendment to me, but what the **** do I know.

Possibly - I wouldn't bet against that happening.

It's so weird to see both sides being ok with govt. interference into things. Take the crowd that were defending Twitter's policies of suspending people for "wrong speech" whatever that means, and folks being ok with it because "It's a private company, free market, they can do what they want" (well, not really - it was a public company with shareholders, and now it's a private company under Musk - but I digress) Except that quite a bit of their actions were pushed by the govt in the name of protecting against dis-information. Subjective, stupid and pushed by govt - seems to be against the 1st amendment to me, but what the **** do I know.
You make a lot of sense. Keep posting here

You make a lot of sense. Keep posting here

Hell, I'd vote for her for some type of Gubmint position. She's even-handed, knowledgeable, funny and sharp. I'd love for just one politician to come out with some ridiculously funny song, do a crazy dance or even some stand-up (or something) and make the people laugh and show they're human, affable and fallible.

NCSteelerfan for POTUS 2024! Or maybe let's start with state assembly or something. She's too smart/wise to get into politics more than likely.

Hell, I'd vote for her for some type of Gubmint position. She's even-handed, knowledgeable, funny and sharp. I'd love for just one politician to come out with some ridiculously funny song, do a crazy dance or even some stand-up (or something) and make the people laugh and show they're human, affable and fallible.

NCSteelerfan for POTUS 2024! Or maybe let's start with state assembly or something. She's too smart/wise to get into politics more than likely.

I would seriously not want to have a govt. position, LOL! Too many people to punch in the throat - too little time.

I would seriously not want to have a govt. position, LOL! Too many people to punch in the throat - too little time.

You could hire people to help.

Where do I send my resume? I may be able to convince an Ogre to join in the "punch-throats-of-government-leeches" team.

You could hire people to help.

Where do I send my resume? I may be able to convince an Ogre to join in the "punch-throats-of-government-leeches" team.
You have a point. A "Throat Punching Crew" has a nice ring to it, and will be in consideration.

Ogre will be assigned throat punching duties on the womxn (did I do that right?) as he don't like them very much.