• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The @#$! Disney Thread

You have a point. A "Throat Punching Crew" has a nice ring to it, and will be in consideration.

This is how Apple started!

Ogre will be assigned throat punching duties on the womxn (did I do that right?) as he don't like them very much.

Whaaaaaat? He, they, it ... buys all the ladies he knows houses!

Spot on. Thank you Gov. Desantis.

In private meetings and coaching sessions over the past few weeks, top business leaders have been asking a version of the same question: How can we avoid becoming the next Walt Disney Co.?

The fallout from the recent political spat between Disney and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has alarmed leaders across the corporate sphere, according to executives and their advisers, and heightened the challenges for chief executive officers navigating charged topics.

At many companies, vocal employees have in recent years pushed bosses to take public stands on social and political issues. Florida's pushback against Disney has raised the stakes.

"The No. 1 concern CEOs have is, 'When should I speak out on public issues?' said Bill George, former chairman and CEO of Medtronic PLC and now a senior fellow at Harvard Business School. "As one CEO said to me, 'I want to speak out on social issues, but I don't want to get involved in politics.' Which I said under my breath, 'That's not possible.' "

Some executives might be relieved. The old idea that CEOs should focus on shareholder returns and stay out of politics lingers in some corporate suites, even in a politicized age of public social-media discussions and more activist workforces.

Certainly the consequences of weighing in appear to be changing. Lawmakers for years have expressed displeasure when companies take public stands on issues like voting access, through critical tweets, public remarks and, in some cases, calls for public boycotts. Disney's experience shows a willingness to go further, corporate advisers say, by challenging arrangements that have helped a company to operate...

But Disney's recent experience in Florida has captured the attention of C-suite executives at companies big and small, given the impact on its operations, many say.

Spot on. Thank you Gov. Desantis.

In private meetings and coaching sessions over the past few weeks, top business leaders have been asking a version of the same question: How can we avoid becoming the next Walt Disney Co.?

The fallout from the recent political spat between Disney and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has alarmed leaders across the corporate sphere, according to executives and their advisers, and heightened the challenges for chief executive officers navigating charged topics.

At many companies, vocal employees have in recent years pushed bosses to take public stands on social and political issues. Florida's pushback against Disney has raised the stakes.

"The No. 1 concern CEOs have is, 'When should I speak out on public issues?' said Bill George, former chairman and CEO of Medtronic PLC and now a senior fellow at Harvard Business School. "As one CEO said to me, 'I want to speak out on social issues, but I don't want to get involved in politics.' Which I said under my breath, 'That's not possible.' "

Some executives might be relieved. The old idea that CEOs should focus on shareholder returns and stay out of politics lingers in some corporate suites, even in a politicized age of public social-media discussions and more activist workforces.

Certainly the consequences of weighing in appear to be changing. Lawmakers for years have expressed displeasure when companies take public stands on issues like voting access, through critical tweets, public remarks and, in some cases, calls for public boycotts. Disney's experience shows a willingness to go further, corporate advisers say, by challenging arrangements that have helped a company to operate...

But Disney's recent experience in Florida has captured the attention of C-suite executives at companies big and small, given the impact on its operations, many say.
I thought the Dims didn't like corporate welfare?

I thought the Dims didn't like corporate welfare?
I've never understood why any business would risk alienating half of their potential customers by opening their mouth, whether they personally lean left or right.
Makes no sense to me, unless of course they believe that they are so wealthy and powerful that they are beyond reproach.

I saw where Netflix may be caving as well.

I've never understood why any business would risk alienating half of their potential customers by opening their mouth, whether they personally lean left or right.
Makes no sense to me, unless of course they believe that they are so wealthy and powerful that they are beyond reproach.

It has to be an ego thing or they are so stupid to think that 95% of America must think like they do and they are drumming up business. They then discover that a large percentage does not agree and they vote by their wallet rather than burn **** down or march in the streets when they have to be at work.

It has to be an ego thing or they are so stupid to think that 95% of America must think like they do and they are drumming up business. They then discover that a large percentage does not agree and they vote by their wallet rather than burn **** down or march in the streets when they have to be at work.
I think it's more a matter that SJW's fresh out of college get positions in HR and marketing and upper management of the company doesn't even know what they're doing. That's how Gillette and Harry's Razors caught a bunch of ****.

Reactions: JMM
I think it's more a matter that SJW's fresh out of college get positions in HR and marketing and upper management of the company doesn't even know what they're doing.

That, and the seasoned older crew apparently don't have the spine or are just so confused/brainwashed at this point.

It's the domino effect of wokeness.

It's the domino effect of wokeness.

DIHM7ht.jpg

Disney Loses Control of District Operations to Conservative Committee​

UlDSbGG.jpg

Didn't Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and others come out of Disney. Look what they have in common.

Didn't Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and others come out of Disney. Look what they have in common.
i, for one, would come in and on Britney

Reactions: MTC
race swapped Peter Pan getting criticized on all sides

People waste way too much energy on stuff like this.
This slippery slope has been going on for a long time now. Starting when words became more harmful than actions, to now, when physical and social attributes are more important than actual abilities. Personally, I'm old enough to know better and simply ignore it, but the problem is that younger generations are fed this 24/7 and shamed if they disagree. Almost 60 years later, MLK's famous line from his "I have a dream" speech has been reversed, content of character being secondary now, at best.

Is it possible that a minority, or female, or an XYZ is better qualified than anyone else for a particular position or role, of course it is. I would just hope that decisions are not made solely on this basis.

Reactions: xjx
I would just hope that decisions are not made solely on this basis.

“Wish in one hand, **** in the other, see which one fills up first.” ― Stephen King​