• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Elephant in the room reads it ugly head again

what if I call you that but hand you an ice cold beer????

I'm a Texan, born and raised.....I was raised to judge others by their character not their skin color. That word has no place in our society.....

This x 1000

Tell me again how this issue has nothing to do with race? I keep forgetting. Would have been nice to direct his apology toward Tomlin directly, rather than just being embarrassed about soiling the reputation of the Fire Department.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/704537001/

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

All white people are racist? Right?

I'm sure his white privilege will protect him and his job though...

I'm going to say this. If anyone calls me the N word - there are going to be consequences and repercussions. Period.

I've worn this tough skin crap all my life and it's comments like the fire chief that will cause me to gladly lose my senses.

Sick of the off colored jokes and requests to just ignore another person's ignorance.

This elephant better not come my way...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Better not listen to rap music then

Two words I will and have never used: the N and C-word. They are ugly words. Never been a problem for me. It only takes one person to tell me it's offensive. Done. Out of my vocabulary.

btw, there's no place for ignorant people. End of story. Glad that asshat was let go.

I had some 22 year old California girl call me a **** the other day along with a bunch of other sweet terms on good ole Facebook. Absolutely hilarious. One of those antifa tough girls all of 105 pounds and filled with commie brainwashing. I'm going to need therapy.

But, in rap music it is a term of endearment...makes total sense, right??? Smh

I have absolutely never understood that. It's mind blowing ignorance . Every time I have seen two black males get into an altercation with each other those insults flow like water. Rap music is filled with that ****. You just ingrain that term in every young persons mind. I just don't get it.

I don't discriminate. I hate everyone.

Easy peezy.

I just read the article about a Steeler store being inundated with vitriol and a fire chief calling Tomlin "another low class n.....". Y'all are bustin' bad up in there.

The comments below the article were especially mean spirited and angry. So angry that I don't think this is over by a long shot, especially when you see stuff like this.

f03ac8d3b865d1a5bd2ad1047a40e95d741d607e5db95dcde47412eb1c45cb9d.jpg

and comments like the NFL...Negro Felons League ( I don't see a lot of felony's there- stupid **** yes but not felonious )

I don't like the way this is going at all. Maybe it's time to settle down and see if the Steelers can rectify this fiasco.

Zjnmok2.jpg

I blame the NFL 100% for this and will never give them another dime but I don't see where the Steelers deserve all that hate. Tomlin was weak and tried to wiggle around the issue but the team, as long as they weren't planning to kneel, seems unattached.

Last edited:
You post where you want to you have that right. and this has been about race from the beginning, I don't buy for one moment that this is all about police issues. You have black people protesting white privilege IE black lives matter leaders telling white people to give their houses to the people of color, you have white people protesting black people and you have both protesting the NFL. I personally say let people do and say what ever the **** they want as long as they don't cross 2 lines. first no violence, and second don't disrespect those that have fought and died to give you that privilege. Who cares if someone calls you a cracker or a redskin or a wop, spic or nigger. they are just words. It's not your problem they have these issues it's theirs.

Everyone just needs to toughen the **** up, haven't y'all ever heard the whole sticks and stones thing. I don't ever get mad that someone calls me a redskin or Indian, or what ever, all I ever feel is pity for them for being so damn ignorant. Just like BLM telling whites they owe them something for something they had no part of, I feel sorry for them for their ignorance.

Why can't people feel the same way about those who kneel for the Anthem?

NFL fans have tolerated and given second chances to players who have assaulted women and tortured and killed dogs, but kneel for the Anthem, and they finally draw a line?

NFL fans have tolerated and given second chances to players who have assaulted women and tortured and killed dogs, but kneel for the Anthem, and they finally draw a line?

Because there are times and places that you don't make political statements. During the anthem and presentation of the colors is one of those times. In actually have no heartburn with the way the Cowboys did it after the Anthem the other night.

See DBS's response.

I'm neutral in the whole shindig, but I'd be lying to you if I said the pre game festivities were not a disrespectful display.
I've stated before that I have family members who served, I have pride in my country too, but with my neutrality, I'm willing to give the Steelers a chance. I'm not sure how many other people are and you can't blame them.

Those people who have served have given these millionaire athletes a platform. Yes it's their right to choose to be a jackass to use that platform. Dating back to Kaepernicks actions last year, players should've known the potential backlash that was going to happen. Now it did.

If he's dumb enough to publicly post that word as a public official he's too dumb to be fire chief.

what's comical to me is he said it and then feels embarrassed afterward so he backpedals. I have a hard time accepting an apology after someone's true feelings come out, esp hateful words. Don't give me that BS that emotion got the best of him, either. Control yourself! If you can't, shame on your ignorant ***.

what's comical to me is he said it and then feels embarrassed afterward so he backpedals. I have a hard time accepting an apology after someone's true feelings come out, esp hateful words. Don't give me that BS that emotion got the best of him, either. Control yourself! If you can't, shame on your ignorant ***.

Pro or con and NOT defending the fire chief but I hope you hold yourself to this high standard.

Salute the nation

let me ask you this question, would you feel the same if one of your kids came home under that flag? How many young men and women never got the chance to have their own family, or live out their dreams, how many parents never got the chance to hold that grandchild, or attend that wedding, or a million other things that WE take for granted, ALL BECAUSE OF THAT FLAG. there is a time and place for everything EXCEPT protesting that flag that has draped over a million coffins for us to have the privilege to do so much in this country. to me it's the same as spitting on the grave of every soldier that ever gave their life for this country, and that is unacceptable. As far as I am concerned the flag and National Anthem are one in the same. DON'T **** WITH THEM.

let me ask you this question, would you feel the same if one of your kids came home under that flag? How many young men and women never got the chance to have their own family, or live out their dreams, how many parents never got the chance to hold that grandchild, or attend that wedding, or a million other things that WE take for granted, ALL BECAUSE OF THAT FLAG. there is a time and place for everything EXCEPT protesting that flag that has draped over a million coffins for us to have the privilege to do so much in this country. to me it's the same as spitting on the grave of every soldier that ever gave their life for this country, and that is unacceptable. As far as I am concerned the flag and National Anthem are one in the same. DON'T **** WITH THEM.

giphy.gif

Huffpo tells me that all the white guys standing for the Anthem are standing for White Supremacy. I'm not kidding.

let me ask you this question, would you feel the same if one of your kids came home under that flag?.

The same way? That it's ignorant? Absolutely!

We have a President who thinks POWs shouldn't be considered war heros because they got captured. Somehow, people got past that disrespect. At least the players are being silent and subservient in theirs.

Huffpo tells me that all the white guys standing for the Anthem are standing for White Supremacy. I'm not kidding.

OF course they are, you inbred racist

The same way? That it's ignorant? Absolutely!

We have a President who thinks POWs shouldn't be considered war heros because they got captured. Somehow, people got past that disrespect. At least the players are being silent and subservient in theirs.

In all respect, it was a ****** thing to say and I feel he said it to demoralize John McCain. His arrogance, ego and bully persona wouldn't let him see he disrespected every POW, not just McCain. Such as past presidents, Trump has many faults. I'm not giving him a pass, just as I didn't give W and BO one, but try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I really don't have the time or inclination to get mad at people any more. I just walk away or unFriend, whatever, I just don't care what they think. At some point more recently I realized how much what other people think matters to me and it's pretty close to zero.

I've been in FL doing hurricane relief at a church in the Keys for the past week and a half. Mostly stocking and organizing donations but I brought my tools (not ark, Supe, and DBS, they're still in Tampa) and worked on a couple houses. Vanloads of folks from black churches in Miami, Ft. Liquordale, Mississippi, and Alabama arrived to help. We all cool. Chilled out and shared cigars with the two black tree cutters in the cottage next to me where I stayed for two days. No cable and internet yet so might as well hang out with other people. If you're cool don't give a **** what color. It's what America is really about and why you stand for the national anthem. Perfect? No. Are we still better than everywhere else? Yes.

I really don't have the time or inclination to get mad at people any more. I just walk away or unFriend, whatever, I just don't care what they think. At some point more recently I realized how much what other people think matters to me and it's pretty close to zero.

I've been in FL doing hurricane relief at a church in the Keys for the past week and a half. Mostly stocking and organizing donations but I brought my tools (not ark, Supe, and DBS, they're still in Tampa) and worked on a couple houses. Vanloads of folks from black churches in Miami, Ft. Liquordale, Mississippi, and Alabama arrived to help. We all cool. Chilled out and shared cigars with the two black tree cutters in the cottage next to me where I stayed for two days. No cable and internet yet so might as well hang out with other people. If you're cool don't give a **** what color. It's what America is really about and why you stand for the national anthem. Perfect? No. Are we still better than everywhere else? Yes.

What part of the Keys? I love it there. Thanks for helping to restore it.