• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Elephant in the room reads it ugly head again

What part of the Keys? I love it there. Thanks for helping to restore it.
Was working on Big Pine Key. Stayed a few days at a hotel in Homestead, lower Keys were filled up, at least the hotels that weren't destroyed, two days at a resort cottage on Key Largo, now I'm back in Homestead. Heading home tomorrow. So yes, I drove 90 miles each way past constant and growing piles of debris and personal belongings. all on my own dime. Planned to leave today but had a problem with my truck, was afraid to drive it 1300 miles back home that way, and it's at the Ford dealer across the street with a $1000 repair bill.

Islamorada is bad and Marathon Key is pretty much destroyed.

Racism is alive. Unfortunately it will always be.

Alive, yes, but on the decline as time passes in the Western World

Go to Canada and you will they are pretty open. Sweden as well. Of course, their minority population in nations do not commit as many crimes or make the anti-patriotic type of statements as often. That is part of the problem.

The fire chief should be banned from Heinz field, but I think Tomlin very visible support for Hillary Clinton, whom he held a fundraiser in his own house does affect the chemistry with the other players and coaches who opposed her strongly.

A head coach should never mix football politics. There is no upside here, only downside.

Tomlin's actions are louder than words. and he badly mishandled the situation last Sunday. Now the Steelers are changing their stories to cover, and Tomlin who asked for team unity could be viewed as throwing AV under the bus, and making a decision for the others who want to be out there to put their own beliefs in check The players vote according to Chris Hubbard was very close, so 20-25 players who wanted to be on the field were told where to stand....not cool..

Fans are pissed off...most of them and even Art Rooney II Himself had to write a letter.

Huffpo tells me that all the white guys standing for the Anthem are standing for White Supremacy. I'm not kidding.

good thing you're always on your knees, though.

Had an interesting night last night. I was at work. Boyfriend comes home to see kids playing basketball on the other side of the driveway. We live in a duplex, so it's a shared driveway. He pulls up on the side of the driveway (so I can get into the garage when I get home later). He goes to our friend's house next door (building). Starts talking outside. Sees the kids (all black) start throwing the basketball at his truck. Tells them to stop. They run inside and tell their parents. (These are the same kids who about 2 months ago beat up a white kid in front of his house across the street for no reason other than being white). Anyhoo.....the mom comes out and starts screaming at BF. BF gets mad and tells her to teach her kids some manners and respect. Mom starts calling him a mother ******* cracker. The dad comes outside holding a bat behind his back. BF runs into our house and gets the pistol. He goes back outside and at that point, the dad starts screaming racist things at BF. He then pulls the bat from behind his back and holds it in the air, coming toward BF. BF flashes the gun and goes inside. Cops are called. As they are interviewing everyone, the mom starts charging across the street toward BF screaming racist things. Cops have to hold her back. The dad admitted to having the bat and admitted to wanting to attack my BF.

So tell me again how only whites are racist? Tell me how, in ANY civilized society, that parents allow their kids to 1. beat up a white kid because he's white, and 2. think that attempting to destroy property is OK? Please....any liberal on the board.....explain.

Had an interesting night last night. I was at work. Boyfriend comes home to see kids playing basketball on the other side of the driveway. We live in a duplex, so it's a shared driveway. He pulls up on the side of the driveway (so I can get into the garage when I get home later). He goes to our friend's house next door (building). Starts talking outside. Sees the kids (all black) start throwing the basketball at his truck. Tells them to stop. They run inside and tell their parents. (These are the same kids who about 2 months ago beat up a white kid in front of his house across the street for no reason other than being white). Anyhoo.....the mom comes out and starts screaming at BF. BF gets mad and tells her to teach her kids some manners and respect. Mom starts calling him a mother ******* cracker. The dad comes outside holding a bat behind his back. BF runs into our house and gets the pistol. He goes back outside and at that point, the dad starts screaming racist things at BF. He then pulls the bat from behind his back and holds it in the air, coming toward BF. BF flashes the gun and goes inside. Cops are called. As they are interviewing everyone, the mom starts charging across the street toward BF screaming racist things. Cops have to hold her back. The dad admitted to having the bat and admitted to wanting to attack my BF.

So tell me again how only whites are racist? Tell me how, in ANY civilized society, that parents allow their kids to 1. beat up a white kid because he's white, and 2. think that attempting to destroy property is OK? Please....any liberal on the board.....explain.

I see things clearly in this country. And although it comes in every color. there is more blacks showing racism than any other race right now. Sure it might be a matter of some whites being closet racists you don't see every day. But I prefer the type that isn't violent.(although I have no use for any of them)

At least you don't end up with needless deaths in the process with the closet type.

I have no idea percentages. But it is pretty obvious to most people who look back and reflect.

And with the protests the ignorance isn't shedding a good light on a group of people either.

so, I don't even know how I would have handled that situation. I would have seen red of anyone bouncing a basketball off my car and it's only a Ford Focus. I don't get the balls of the parents to come at him for their kids doing something like that and for no good reason. Not knowing the background if BF and the kids/ parents had a run-in before or this is a one-time thing matters. If this was the first instance, it's a head scratcher. This country is upside down, that's for sure. Coming at someone with a bat can get you shot today.

Was working on Big Pine Key. Stayed a few days at a hotel in Homestead, lower Keys were filled up, at least the hotels that weren't destroyed, two days at a resort cottage on Key Largo, now I'm back in Homestead. Heading home tomorrow. So yes, I drove 90 miles each way past constant and growing piles of debris and personal belongings. all on my own dime. Planned to leave today but had a problem with my truck, was afraid to drive it 1300 miles back home that way, and it's at the Ford dealer across the street with a $1000 repair bill.

Islamorada is bad and Marathon Key is pretty much destroyed.

That's awesome that you're helping.

Aw...I was hoping Islamorada was ok. That's where we stayed June 2016.

Oh my. People are so ready to be damn victims. This really pisses me off. When I was a kid my mom would back me to the moon on most things. Catch me in a lie or disrespecting an elder, the **** is going to hit the fan. A lot of parents these days don't seem to care that they are raising kids that do NOT fit in to society. It's crazy.

You really sure it was the "Dad" that came out with the baseball bat? Somehow I doubt that....

so, I don't even know how I would have handled that situation. I would have seen red of anyone bouncing a basketball off my car and it's only a Ford Focus. I don't get the balls of the parents to come at him for their kids doing something like that and for no good reason. Not knowing the background if BF and the kids/ parents had a run-in before or this is a one-time thing matters. If this was the first instance, it's a head scratcher. This country is upside down, that's for sure. Coming at someone with a bat can get you shot today.

Sorry to hear you have troublesome neighbors Lynn.
But this post. Yes!

I have a psycho neighbor too, she uses her bi-polar/mental disability as an excuse to stir up drama whenever she pleases.
Not having any of it. The police know all about her.

You really sure it was the "Dad" that came out with the baseball bat? Somehow I doubt that....

I don't know since I wasn't there. BF and our friends said it was. It wasn't any of the kid(s). Unless it's a live in boyfriend. I have no clue. But it most definitely was an adult.

The BF and I keep to ourselves pretty much. We have friends that live behind us that we knew before we moved to Wichita, and the girls who moved in next door we knew prior to them moving in. They are the only ones we talk to. Everyone else on our block pretty much comes and goes and doesn't talk to each other. So this was the first interaction between the BF and the family across the street,.

Because you have white privilege.

what if I call you that but hand you an ice cold beer????

I'm a Texan, born and raised.....I was raised to judge others by their character not their skin color. That word has no place in our society.....

You know you're my blood...I'm sorry my rant came out that way - everyone here is my fam...even Coach. Now, let it come from another source - I'll be on CNN...

Sorry but it doesn't sound to me like your skin is all that tough if a word can turn you to violence. You know why the late 70's thru the 90's seemed so much better when it came to race relations, because people were letting it die. now it's in everything we see hear and read. I feel sorry for you if you think a word is worth a life. I'm starting to feel like you're one of those sad individuals that wants a race war. Let me tell you something my friend no one wins that one.

Nope and you and I are good. I'm sick of the nonsense. Period.

Because you have white privilege.

LMAO. Well then white privilege would automatically have had the cops NOT search my house....which they did.

The whole thing is just so ****** up. Now when I leave in the mornings, I have to check my driveway first to make sure that there's no glass or bullshit that can flatten my tires. (I park in the garage). BF has to make sure his tires aren't slashed and that nothing is wrong with his trucks. We are thinking about getting a locked mailbox (yes, we still have the one on the post at the end of the driveway) so nothing is stolen. We chose this neighborhood because it's close to everything we do and close to friends. We can walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, and neighborhood watering hole. Yeah, we knew that the demographics were shifting, but we didn't expect THIS.

LMAO. Well then white privilege would automatically have had the cops NOT search my house....which they did.

The whole thing is just so ****** up. Now when I leave in the mornings, I have to check my driveway first to make sure that there's no glass or bullshit that can flatten my tires. (I park in the garage). BF has to make sure his tires aren't slashed and that nothing is wrong with his trucks. We are thinking about getting a locked mailbox (yes, we still have the one on the post at the end of the driveway) so nothing is stolen. We chose this neighborhood because it's close to everything we do and close to friends. We can walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, and neighborhood watering hole. Yeah, we knew that the demographics were shifting, but we didn't expect THIS.

I think this is one of the results of so many blacks being raised in fatherless homes. They grow up with no authority figure and as someone said on the radio the other day, ''guardrails". They're not used to having anyone tell them no or what to do or what not to do and when that happens, either in school or from the police or whoever, they overreact. Which in the case of interaction with the police leads to overreaction by them as well.

A few years ago I got pulled into court for "defiant trespass'' by a black former neighbor just because I knocked on the door and asked them to quiet down. My lawyer got it thrown out in about 30 seconds. I wanted to go all the way to court and have a judge lay the smackdown on her but my lawyer told me to save my money, that she was a renter, and would probably be gone in a few months, which she was. Simple fact is that she was a black racist who wasn't used to living around white people and didn't like a white person telling her to quiet down. I thought I was being pretty nice by my standards and SHE called the police on ME. Not my next door neighbor, rather she lived half a block away and was so loud that I couldn't hear my TV.

Oh yeah I forgot to add that the gun in now in police custody. So I have to jump through hoops to get my legally owned gun back. Meanwhile, ******* gets to keep his bat.

I agree that the fatherless homes is a major cause. (I don't know if the guy across the street is the actual father or a boyfriend.). Doesn't excuse the horrible behavior. There's a couple who shares their duplex- black and military. Their kids are respectful, sweet kids. One graduated with my daughter, the other 2 are elementary age. They work hard, stay out of everyone's business, and are good people. It's amazing the contrast between the families. However, when I pulled in my garage yesterday from work, the mom had her kids go inside. Usually they stay out all afternoon. They didn't come back out. IDK if it was a coincidence or what....but it was odd.

However, when I pulled in my garage yesterday from work, the mom had her kids go inside. Usually they stay out all afternoon. They didn't come back out. IDK if it was a coincidence or what....but it was odd.

Because she knew they were wrong.

It's tough. One memory that always stands out to me from my childhood was from one Summer, when I was in Columbus, Ohio visiting my cousins. They lived in pretty decent neighborhood. One morning while we were there I decided to take a bike ride around their neighborhood. As I was heading back towards their house I came around the bend and saw about 6 Black kids playing in a yard. As soon as they saw me coming they made a B line towards me. A few of them ran in front of me to cut off my path and the others surrounded me. They started asking me where I was from etc. As they kept talking, they got more openly hostile. They started calling me a cracker and threatening to beat my ***. A couple of them had sticks and bats. I tried to keep calm and avoid getting the **** kicked out of me. After a couple minutes they kind of let their guard down as we were talking. The second I saw a clear path I started pedaling my *** off and made it past them. They started chasing me and yelling at me that I was a cracker and they were going to find me. A few things were thrown at me, but my *** got out of there and I did not come out of the house the rest of the trip.

Fast forward a few years, in high school I attended, the student body was about 95% white. The 5% of the Black kids in my school were all complete bullies and routinely called the white kids crackers and challenged them to fights on a regular basis. Unfortunately for the white kids, they were all the toughest, strongest kids in the school, so nobody would ever take them up on it. We just took it and kept quiet. I was about 135 lbs back when I started high school. It got better for me personally as I grew bigger and started playing football with those guys. I wouldn't say that any of them liked me particularly but the fact that we played together and went after each other on the field every day probably helped, because it stopped being so much of an issue for me in 11th and 12th grade.

Needless to say whenever I hear someone say that it's impossible for a white person to be targeted for their race, I get a little salty.

Now I will say I have run into a few of those same guys from high school in the years after we graduated and they were absolutely great guys. I guess maturity plays a big part. Probably being outnumbered so greatly racially in high school probably made them feel like they had to impose their will on all the white kids. But it wasn't pleasant none the less.

Last edited:
I've lived through some scary incidents. Denver was no joke in 1979. Not at the school I went to anyway. Almost trampled in a riot that came up on me right outside the admin offices. We were on lockdown for 2-3 hours while the riot police retook the school. You haven't lived until you've lived through a riot in 9th grade. Holy ****, that was scary. My typing class had a bully that would hover over me and threaten me, throwing my stuff on the floor, cursing and waving her arms. I looked up to the front of the room and the teacher was literally whistling and looking at the ceiling. Oh hell no. I was out of there and in the principal's office before you could say "Suspend her ***." and they did. She never spoke to me again. The teachers were purported to have guns. Yay. The absolutely worst school I went to in my life and there were a few.

The mom approached one of my friends who lives next door and told her that we (me and BF) have only been here not even a year and they have been here 8 years, and because of that, we don't have the right to say ANYTHING as to how their kids are raised and who they should respect. My friend also told me that she hears the mom and dad SCREAMING at each other all the time and yelling all kinds of horrible things to their kids. So we DEFINITELY need to watch our *****.

IMHO---
Social media is the reason for this generations misguided perceptions, which results in immediate inappropriate reactions in most situations...
This seems to happen with almost every sensitive issue that we as Americans have dealt with for a long time, and will continue to have to deal with, as long as America continues to the worlds melting pot.

Think about what social media is...it gives everyone a WORLDWIDE public announcement forum...
and this is dangerous...very dangerous to having a society built on respect. laws, and proper social interaction..

Reactions: MTC
Lynn if I were you I would invest in some surveillance cameras. I smell a false accusation coming soon.

I've lived through some scary incidents. Denver was no joke in 1979. Not at the school I went to anyway. Almost trampled in a riot that came up on me right outside the admin offices. We were on lockdown for 2-3 hours while the riot police retook the school. .

Your high school won the state soccer championship?

Sorry but every time I read the word 'trampled' the first image that I get are of those lunatic Eropeans soccer fans charging the field. .LOL

Last edited: