• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Elephant in the room reads it ugly head again

I think this is one of the results of so many blacks being raised in fatherless homes. They grow up with no authority figure and as someone said on the radio the other day, ''guardrails". They're not used to having anyone tell them no or what to do or what not to do and when that happens, either in school or from the police or whoever, they overreact. Which in the case of interaction with the police leads to overreaction by them as well.

A few years ago I got pulled into court for "defiant trespass'' by a black former neighbor just because I knocked on the door and asked them to quiet down. My lawyer got it thrown out in about 30 seconds. I wanted to go all the way to court and have a judge lay the smackdown on her but my lawyer told me to save my money, that she was a renter, and would probably be gone in a few months, which she was. Simple fact is that she was a black racist who wasn't used to living around white people and didn't like a white person telling her to quiet down. I thought I was being pretty nice by my standards and SHE called the police on ME. Not my next door neighbor, rather she lived half a block away and was so loud that I couldn't hear my TV.

“In 1960, just 22% of black children were raised in single-parent families. Fifty years later, more than 70% of black children were raised in single-parent families.” So we’ve gone from 22% to 70% in 50 years. Here’s the question Walter Williams asks: “Was the increase in single-parent black families after 1960 a legacy of slavery, or might it be a legacy of the welfare state ushered in by the War on Poverty?”

In 1960 at a time there actually was systemic racism, Jim Crowe, and discrimmination at its peak the black family stuck together.
Not hard to figure out what happened here.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...-benefit-from-the-demise-of-the-black-family/

The mom approached one of my friends who lives next door and told her that we (me and BF) have only been here not even a year and they have been here 8 years, and because of that, we don't have the right to say ANYTHING as to how their kids are raised and who they should respect. My friend also told me that she hears the mom and dad SCREAMING at each other all the time and yelling all kinds of horrible things to their kids. So we DEFINITELY need to watch our *****.

Yikes. I know the feeling. I have to keep my guard up with neighbor too.

Was working on Big Pine Key. Stayed a few days at a hotel in Homestead, lower Keys were filled up, at least the hotels that weren't destroyed, two days at a resort cottage on Key Largo, now I'm back in Homestead. Heading home tomorrow. So yes, I drove 90 miles each way past constant and growing piles of debris and personal belongings. all on my own dime. Planned to leave today but had a problem with my truck, was afraid to drive it 1300 miles back home that way, and it's at the Ford dealer across the street with a $1000 repair bill.

Islamorada is bad and Marathon Key is pretty much destroyed.
Thano you for your service!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Your high school won the state soccer championship?

Sorry but every time I read the word 'trampled' the first image that I get are of those lunatic Eropeans soccer fans charging the field. .LOL

You might have thought so but alas no the "youths" were just pissed as hell. The benefits of mass bussing were numerous.

Oh yeah I forgot to add that the gun in now in police custody. So I have to jump through hoops to get my legally owned gun back. Meanwhile, ******* gets to keep his bat.

I agree that the fatherless homes is a major cause. (I don't know if the guy across the street is the actual father or a boyfriend.). Doesn't excuse the horrible behavior. There's a couple who shares their duplex- black and military. Their kids are respectful, sweet kids. One graduated with my daughter, the other 2 are elementary age. They work hard, stay out of everyone's business, and are good people. It's amazing the contrast between the families. However, when I pulled in my garage yesterday from work, the mom had her kids go inside. Usually they stay out all afternoon. They didn't come back out. IDK if it was a coincidence or what....but it was odd.

It's not just the fatherless homes, it's the reaction of the mother. She comes outside and immediately, without even investigating, her sons are the victims of persecution from a white guy. No accountability for their own actions at all. We know how this story ends, and it's sad for those kids. They don't have a chance in life because no one is teaching them right from wrong.

It's not just the fatherless homes, it's the reaction of the mother. She comes outside and immediately, without even investigating, her sons are the victims of persecution from a white guy. No accountability for their own actions at all. We know how this story ends, and it's sad for those kids. They don't have a chance in life because no one is teaching them right from wrong.

The mom was OUTSIDE WATCHING her kids do that!!!! At first I thought she was inside, but she was sitting on her porch (on her phone). So she heard BF yell at her kids(justifiably) and went into full on ***** mode. She didn't make her kids stop....just played the victim.

“In 1960, just 22% of black children were raised in single-parent families. Fifty years later, more than 70% of black children were raised in single-parent families.” So we’ve gone from 22% to 70% in 50 years. Here’s the question Walter Williams asks: “Was the increase in single-parent black families after 1960 a legacy of slavery, or might it be a legacy of the welfare state ushered in by the War on Poverty?”

In 1960 at a time there actually was systemic racism, Jim Crowe, and discrimmination at its peak the black family stuck together.
Not hard to figure out what happened here.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...-benefit-from-the-demise-of-the-black-family/

Maybe mass incarceration helped lead to the single family problem, and people say white privilege doesn't exist i disagree. Please will one of you experts in here on black families explain to me, why is it with this heroin epidemic they want to build treatment centers and train the cops to revive the addicts, but when crack was destroying black families all the politicians talked about was building more prisons.

Don't break the law and become a poison dealer and you won't be incarcerated. It's called personal responsibility. YOU are responsible for your actions, the results of your actions and what you become in life. Get a mirror and stand in front of it. The choice to do right or wrong is in tour hands always.

White privledge...pffffft. a cop out to avoid blame for what you do.

Maybe mass incarceration helped lead to the single family problem, and people say white privilege doesn't exist i disagree. Please will one of you experts in here on black families explain to me, why is it with this heroin epidemic they want to build treatment centers and train the cops to revive the addicts, but when crack was destroying black families all the politicians talked about was building more prisons.

It was primarily black politicians calling for harsher penalties for crack dealers, as they watched their communities devolve into crime. I lived in the DC area during the height of the crack era, and don't recall anyone calling for stricter penalties for crack addicts.

Crack is illegal. Opiates are not and doctors hand them out like Tic Tacs.

Because right now we have a compassionate Republican President. At the height of the crack epidemic we had a Democrat President and his co-President First Lady.

See how that works?

It was primarily black politicians calling for harsher penalties for crack dealers, as they watched their communities devolve into crime. I lived in the DC area during the height of the crack era, and don't recall anyone calling for stricter penalties for crack addicts.

You can't be serious, Crack penalties were treated 10 times worse than cocaine, and i am not talking about the dealers i am talking about the users, if they caught you with a small amount you did serious jail time.