• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Romney Play

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/r...’-on-deficit-reduction-romney-says/ar-BBN9DWp

Mitt still wants to be President. When he gets his Senate seat, I could see his play to call out both parties on their mistakes and hypocrisy, trying
to be the truth teller. It likely would get him a lot of attention. Could even see him taking a run at Trump in 2020 or replacing him if Trump doesn't
run.

If Trump has the USA doing well running ( which he does ), but thinks due to a never-ending smear campaign by the media won't win in 2020, I would not rule out him passing the baton to a Republican like Romney.

What would he Trump do next? Hmmm, how about starting up a new search engine or news company that actually reports the news?

What he would do next would be the same as he is doing now, keep playing golf.

Romney couldn't beat a terrorist-supporting communist. Trump has already announced that he's running in 2020.

I'm kind of torn on Mitt.
On one hand, I think he is one of those "smartest guys in the room" type.
He was talking about Russia and the threat they posed to us when he was running for President and Obama made fun of him for it during the debate, as did most of the MSM the next day.
And lookie lookie what we've been talking about for the past 2 - 3 years now.
Also, I think he's very much a diplomat and would engage BOTH sides of the isle and try to reach reasonable compromises.

On the other hand, he seems WAY too conservative, in the liberal vs conservative viewpoint.
I see him as someone who wouldn't even consider dialogue on decriminalizing marijuana and/or declassifying it as a schedule 1 drug like heroin.
I also see him as someone who would think "Big Brother watching us" as a good thing for security purposes, or that things run by the government are better than those run by private/local companies/entities.

Mitt is a Conservative in social aspects but he is a Big Government Republican like the Bushes.

Wait, didn't he cancel some woman's insurance to make sure she died, right after driving around with a dog on the roof of the car??

How could ANYBODY support such a callous, mean-spirited tyrant!!

What would he Trump do next? Hmmm, how about starting up a new search engine or news company that actually reports the news?

..... as he sees it...

Last edited:
Mitt is a Conservative in social aspects but he is a Big Government Republican like the Bushes.

And the architect of Obamacare.

I held my nose and voted for him but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Every election cycle the libs trot out the latest version of "Your only chance is if you run X", where X is some weak *** RINO.

And the architect of Obamacare.

I held my nose and voted for him but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Same here, but he still would have been better than Bomma.

He would do/say anything to get elected. No thanks. I've voted for my last politician.

Mitts time has passed