• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is a big ******* deal

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
With a single step over a weathered, cracked slab of concrete, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un made history Friday by crossing over the world's most heavily armed border to greet South Korean President Moon Jae-in for talks on North Korea's nuclear weapons. Kim then invited Moon to cross briefly back into the north with him before they returned to the southern side.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2018-04-26-20-51-35

Amazing what happens when we do not shrink from our role as the apex superpower. The world is littered with wannabe bullies. We are the biggest of the bullies, and we are the best of them. If you are uncomfortable with that, seek a safe space while we work things out.

This is amazing. I was happy that they decided to compete together in the olympics, and now I'm happy that they have actually met. A great day for international diplomacy.

Thank you President Trump for your foreign diplomacy. Soon dogs will lay with cats.

He's making it look easy. Almost as if the last 3 presidencies had more nefarious purposes.

Watching the video this morning, it was incredible to watch the two of them perform a simple procedure like taking a step over the border.

Bullshit.

This was Obamas doing. He should get the credit.

Credit should go where it belongs. To the Koreans.

The US had nothing to do with the Olympics. Hell this country was spun up that they shouldn't work together at all. Trump derided it, Pence outwardly ridiculed it. This site was going over human atrocities and baby killings.

South Korea has an open president, and DPNK has a new leader, so talks fortunately happened, and now they are increasing.

The US had nothing to do with the Olympics. Hell this country was spun up that they shouldn't work together at all. Trump derided it, Pence outwardly ridiculed it. This site was going over human atrocities and baby killings.

South Korea has an open president, and DPNK has a new leader, so talks fortunately happened, and now they are increasing.

You must have missed the part where Trump sent Pompeo to meet with Kim to broker the peace talks.

pompeo-meets-kim-jong-un-2.jpg

You must have missed the part where Trump sent Pompeo to meet with Kim to broker the peace talks.

View attachment 3889

Let's also not forget that Trump is the first president since the NORKS became nuclear capable to tell them plainly if they ever used a nuke that they would be utterly destroyed. Letting your antagonist know that you have the political will to go all out goes a long way towards changing their way of thinking.

I’m very pessimistic but for Rocket Man to even go this far is amazing. I would have lost that bet.

Are you serious Cope? It was those very things that brought them to the table. Trump played the hard *** crazy man to perfection. Just like Regan with Gorbachev.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Nary a Lib here to be found because TRUMP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamefully, Dennis Rodman had more impact on diplomacy with NK than the Choomer in Chief.

dennis-rodman-in-north-korea-what-do-you-mean-that-wasnt-president-obama.jpg

No one should get any credit.

This is the same game Kim's dad played in 2000 and 2007
Same ol same ol. He'll meet with the South Korean president, play nice for a while then it's back to business as usual.

The usual Reich Wing suspects here are clueless like always, desperate for some kind of accomplishment from the Idiot in Chief.

Charles leads this big top clown show with the idea that we "bullied" Kim into this...LMAO

There is a reason some countries seek nuclear weapons so fervently. Once they have them they can't be bullied BY ANYONE.

Militarily our hands are tied, we and Kim know it. We hit North Korea militarily, and he nukes Seoul....world economic collapse in 24 hours.

We return the favor and radiation drifts into China.....goodnight Irene ....WW3.....and we will lose along with the rest of the planet.

The CONservative children here haven't a clue as to how the real world works. We bully no one unless the corpocracy says so.

The age of nationalist empires is over, the international money interests dictate what happens on this planet, including the use of US military power.

Same ol same ol. He'll meet with the South Korean president, play nice for a while then it's back to business as usual.

The usual Reich Wing suspects here are clueless like always, desperate for some kind of accomplishment from the Idiot in Chief.

Charles leads this big top clown show with the idea that we "bullied" Kim into this...LMAO

There is a reason some countries seek nuclear weapons so fervently. Once they have them they can't be bullied BY ANYONE.

Militarily our hands are tied, we and Kim know it. We hit North Korea militarily, and he nukes Seoul....world economic collapse in 24 hours.

We return the favor and radiation drifts into China.....goodnight Irene ....WW3.....and we will lose along with the rest of the planet.

The CONservative children here haven't a clue as to how the real world works. We bully no one unless the corpocracy says so.

The age of nationalist empires is over, the international money interests dictate what happens on this planet, including the use of US military power.

I believe Trump or at least the administration deserve at least some credit. From where this whole situation was several months ago to where it is today is a complete turn around. I think there are a lot of factors that go into play. First and maybe most important I believe the NK nuke site "collapsed" making it totally non-functional. Second the heavy sanctions are finally making a dent and Kim has to do something. Some credit has to goto Kim for maybe seeing some sort of common sense along with the SK willingness to keep an open mind. Trump and the administration also deserve some credit for getting the ball rolling. Also Trump stopped the silly name calling and it appears the meeting w/ he and Kim will be taking place. If things continue like they are then I forsee the meeting being very productive for the world. The trump crowd was chanting "Nobel Nobel" at his rally.......It is still hard to trust Kim and he may be playing everyone, but if it is I am sure it will not end well for him.

I believe Trump or at least the administration deserve at least some credit. From where this whole situation was several months ago to where it is today is a complete turn around. I think there are a lot of factors that go into play. First and maybe most important I believe the NK nuke site "collapsed" making it totally non-functional. Second the heavy sanctions are finally making a dent and Kim has to do something. Some credit has to goto Kim for maybe seeing some sort of common sense along with the SK willingness to keep an open mind. Trump and the administration also deserve some credit for getting the ball rolling. Also Trump stopped the silly name calling and it appears the meeting w/ he and Kim will be taking place. If things continue like they are then I forsee the meeting being very productive for the world. The trump crowd was chanting "Nobel Nobel" at his rally.......It is still hard to trust Kim and he may be playing everyone, but if it is I am sure it will not end well for him.

Rush floated the site collapse theory the other day.

Whatever the reason, im not convinced of Un's sincerity, but we shall see. If it happens, elfie and his ilk will have to work overtime to keep trump from getting credit.

Get off your high horse for a moment.
It's pretty sad that you need to be told that no one here has full confidence in Kims sincerity.
Your blathering about the history of N. Korea and the distrust in it's leadership is common knowledge...but we understand your incessant need to prove to everyone how smart you are.

The fact remains that this meeting was brokered by Trump and Pompeo, and that for the first time in history a North Korean dictator had set foot in the South.

Hope is all there is right now...which is by far more hope and change than what your hero Obama promised.

Speaking of Obama and his stellar foreign relations record.....and since you are the self proclaimed purveyor of truth and logic, wouldn't it be logical that if Obama received the Nobel Peace prize for doing nothing, shouldn't Trump receive it for doing something?

Last edited:
If it happens, elfie and his ilk will have to work overtime to keep trump from getting credit.

Ummm, they already are. Taking cues from their MSM guide posts, Trump has nothing to do with this, and as lemmings they too shall tell you the same.

Had this happened while his Holiness, the FBP, the Master Orator, the Senator Who Never Voted, the Great Community Organizer, the Head Kenyan Muslim in Chief, B. HUSSEIN Obama was President, they'd have awarded him a 2nd ill-deserved Nobel prize.

Too funny. No amount of evidence will make a liberal see the world as it is.

Trump has stated on numerous occasions that if he thinks he is being played, he will walk. He, like most of us, is deeply skeptical. But this has a different feel to it. I believe that progress can be made, and if so, you can thank President Trump.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Cope,
After many years of "talking", 6 nation summits, trying to get China to the right thing, etc. Trump used a simple strategy of talking very tough, and issued threats against North Korea.

Trump played the bad cop role, and now the North Korean leader is chummy with the South Korean leader.

He wasn't last year, or 5 years ago, or 10 years ago.

Trump's bad cop role allowed for the natural evolution you are seeing now.
If this actually works out, then POTUS will have engineered the most significant geopolitical event in at least a generation.

Much work to do, but Trump, and only Trump, is in line to be properly recognized as the greatest global leader of the 21st century.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app