• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

This sums it up nicely..

Nationwide George Floyd riots are the price of liberalism
By Miranda DevineMay 31, 2020 | 10:28pm | Updated

The tragedy of the riots sparked by George Floyd’s death was brought home by a distraught elderly black woman interviewed by the local ABC affiliate in her ruined south Minneapolis neighborhood.

“These people did this for no reason,” wept Stephanie Wilford, who lives in an apartment next to where shops were looted and burned Friday night. “They went straight to . . . every store over here that I go to. I have nowhere to go now and I have no way to get there because the buses aren’t running.”

The violence “is not going to bring George back. George is in a better place than we are. I’m going to be honest, I wish I was where George was.”

But liberal agitators don’t care about Stephanie and the poor urban communities that have been destroyed in the four-day orgy of self-congratulatory violence they sanctioned.

They are too busy dreaming up fantasy scapegoats.

Videos abound on social media of shadowy figures, dressed in black, systematically smashing store windows, but not looting, cutting through fences outside police stations, but not pushing the fences over — softening defenses for the rioters.

These are the domestic terrorists who have hijacked peaceful protests across the country. Attorney General Bill Barr described them in his Saturday press conference as “outside radicals and agitators [who] are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate and violent agenda.

“In many places, it appears the violence is planned, organized, and driven by anarchistic and far-left extremists, using Antifa-like tactics.”

This is why Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison pretends that the external agitators in Minneapolis’ riots were Trump-voting “white supremacists,” because the former DNC deputy chairman is one of those in his party who has normalized Antifa as a useful part of the political process.

See his Twitter feed of January 2018, when he posed for a selfie at a bookstore holding “Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook” and wrote: “I just found the book that strikes fear in the heart of @realDonaldTrump.”

No wonder he and the rest of Minnesota’s Democratic leadership are trying to offload blame for their persistent policing failures.

Invariably, it is cities run by soft-on-crime Democrats where police forces betray the people they are supposed to protect.

The Minneapolis police force is the creature of a city that has had Democratic mayors for almost 50 years.

As former Mayor Rudy Giuliani told Fox News over the weekend, “Don’t elect progressive Democrats if you want to be safe.”

All you need to know about Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey is that he made the decision for police to evacuate the Third Precinct station, allowing it to be overrun by rioters and burned to the ground.

For four nights, criminals ransacked his city and terrorized its residents while the police were nowhere to be seen.

Instead of nipping the violence in the bud, Frey set a terrible precedent, allowing the contagion to spread across the country.

“Brick and mortar is not as important as life,” he blithely told a press conference Thursday night as the city burned.

It’s just property, say liberals who have never known a life without plenty. But the property they dismiss so easily can be a life’s work, like the sports bar in Minneapolis into which Korboi Balla, a black firefighter, had poured his life savings. It was destroyed a few days before he was due to open this week.

Stores and businesses are a community’s lifeblood, and many will never come back, causing more misery for the most vulnerable.

In any case, the policing vacuum also unleashed terrible violence.

There are videos all over social media of mobs chasing defenseless people, knocking them unconscious and kicking them in the head as they lie on the ground. Looters punched a store owner in the head and beat her with planks of wood in front of her husband. A man reportedly trying to protect his store with a sword was beaten senseless.

Bad people exist. That’s why the vulnerable need police forces, which, for some perverse reason, progressives keep trying to disempower.

With five months left until the election, Democrats are trying to capitalize on mayhem and disharmony to make President Trump look bad.

But he is the avowed law-and-order president who vowed Saturday: “My administration will stop mob violence, and we’ll stop it cold.”

Just as the 1968 riots led voters who were worried about social disorder to choose Richard Nixon as president, the 2020 riots are likely to play in Trump’s favor.

Pols’ slams at police shameful
Four NYPD cops were almost burned alive when a Molotov cocktail was thrown at their car over the weekend. Another officer was smashed in the face with a brick. On Saturday night alone, 33 cops were injured in pitched battles with anti-police protesters.

NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan described it as “an organized attempt to attack police” with bottles, bricks, Molotov cocktails and brass knuckles.

Considering the mortal danger they faced, the officers’ restraint was remarkable.

At one point, when two police SUVs were surrounded by protesters trying to block their passage, cops decided not to be sitting ducks for another Molotov and gingerly drove though the mob.

There were no reports of serious injuries, but that didn’t stop Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from demanding the cops be “brought to justice.”

Unlike in Minneapolis, the NYPD’s forceful action stopped the city from being ransacked and burned to the ground and probably saved lives.

But instead of thanking them, Gov. Andrew Cuomo slams their behavior as “disturbing” and wants to investigate them.

Shame.

Cuo bro’s act is wearing thin
It took a pandemic for the CNN audience to cotton to the fact that Chris Cuomo is a vainglorious chump.

Maybe it was the tone-deaf back-slapping routines with his brother, the “luv gov,” that did it, with nary a mention of all the nursing-home deaths that could have been avoided.

Or maybe it was his hypocrisy instructing viewers to wear masks while famously refusing to wear one himself when he actually was infected with COVID-19.

Either way, Fredo lost 50 percent of his audience in the last two months. Now they know; it’s unlikely they’ll come back.

In other words, Democrats should be shot and murdered. Like the blurb Trump retweeted the other day, the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat. Words of hate and violence coming from the highest office in the land.

This is the perverse and sick idea of 'America' Trump has unleashed over the past few years. Really quite remarkable and pathetic.

The Republic, and its valor, must be protected from this enemy from within. We must become the shining city on the hill Reagan spoke about. These unhinged, racist ******** praying for a civil war need to be forced back into their basements to wave their loser confederate flags in shame.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1267417938224611333"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2a008290075125adde2d7b849b06a0bb.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2a008290075125adde2d7b849b06a0bb.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tibs, you're way off your rocker. No one is saying that protests of George Floyd should not be taking place. No one is suggesting that police brutality is good. No one. In fact, mayors and sheriffs all across this nation are also walking with the protestors. During the day. At night, when it's more difficult to see who is doing what, and the cover of night is a good shield to hide behind, is when **** goes bad. Why is that? Are you so blinded - willingly blinded - as to the same posters, in the same fonts, carried by people with the same shirts, same masks, etc are so well organized? its almost as if there is an underlying goal for this. No, it's NOT protesting against police brutality. That's symbolic on the surface, even if the vast majority of those at the protests are protesting police brutality. The resulting carnage is what I and others are seeing. Businesses being destroyed. Lives going with it.

That's ok, right? Since it's drawing attention to police brutality and black lives DO matter. so we have that dialogue going.

but, and here's your whataboutism, what about the businesses owned by black people that are thus being destroyed in this? What about businesses being destroyed by asian people which are being destroyed? I can only assume that you'd be 1000000% ok with your own business being burned to the ground if a riot were to take place in Hungary protesting police brutality there. You'd be perfectly happy with that dialogue that arose, correct? If not, why not? You're giddily cheering it on here, whenever and wherever it happens.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2a008290075125adde2d7b849b06a0bb.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

and there you go again with your broad brush - painting everyone who voted for Trump as racist.

I guess you only took a knee in the Blame Game and are back at it?

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell - 1984

Tibs, you're way off your rocker. No one is saying that protests of George Floyd should not be taking place. No one is suggesting that police brutality is good. No one. In fact, mayors and sheriffs all across this nation are also walking with the protestors. During the day. At night, when it's more difficult to see who is doing what, and the cover of night is a good shield to hide behind, is when **** goes bad. Why is that? Are you so blinded - willingly blinded - as to the same posters, in the same fonts, carried by people with the same shirts, same masks, etc are so well organized? its almost as if there is an underlying goal for this. No, it's NOT protesting against police brutality. That's symbolic on the surface, even if the vast majority of those at the protests are protesting police brutality. The resulting carnage is what I and others are seeing. Businesses being destroyed. Lives going with it.

That's ok, right? Since it's drawing attention to police brutality and black lives DO matter. so we have that dialogue going.

but, and here's your whataboutism, what about the businesses owned by black people that are thus being destroyed in this? What about businesses being destroyed by asian people which are being destroyed? I can only assume that you'd be 1000000% ok with your own business being burned to the ground if a riot were to take place in Hungary protesting police brutality there. You'd be perfectly happy with that dialogue that arose, correct? If not, why not? You're giddily cheering it on here, whenever and wherever it happens.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2a008290075125adde2d7b849b06a0bb.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Read this post on ESPN's Chris Palmer and see the rank hypocrisy of these numbnuts.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo..._palmer_wins_the_nimby_of_the_year_award.html

Reactions: wig
The database developed by The Guardian is currently the largest database on fatal shootings available. They gather data through police reports, monitoring of regional news, fact-checked witness statements and other crowdsourced police fatality databases.

In 2016, The Guardian counted 1,093 people who were killed by the police in the United States. Out of these 574 were white and 266 were black. 95 of the white victims were unarmed, 42 of the black victims were unarmed."

Only a percentage of these were deemed unwarranted.

When you look at The Guardian database, out of the 1,093 victims of police shootings, 170 were unarmed in 2016. 56% were White. 25% were Black.

This is an epidemic?

Come one man, EYES open. This is NOT an epidemic.

And you miss the point. It’s not just about police killing people. And it’s not just about blacks. It is about the way the police treat people, period. How many interactions end with somebody getting roughed up, pulled over, harassed and arrested for simply asking questions or **** like that? The police are not some gestapo that gets to go around being judge and jury with impunity. My son, a white man, got pulled over in a traffic stop, put in cuffs and ridden into the police station. You know what his crime was? There was cellophane on his passenger side floor, so he was charged with having drug paraphernalia even though no drugs were found during the illegal search of his person and car. Charges were dropped, but it’s beside the point. Police pull **** like that all the time. Often times, the get violent about it. You can pretend it’s not a problem, but there is plenty of evidence to back it up. My eyes are open.

You'd be perfectly happy with that dialogue that arose, correct? You're giddily cheering it on here, whenever and wherever it happens.
You need to go back these past few pages and read what I've written about violence at these protests.

I think the police need to be brutal and start beating the **** out of all these rioting thugs who are destroying our cities. This is not a protest, it's a crime spree.

You need to go back these past few pages and read what I've written about violence at these protests.

We have. You've encouraged it, supported it and tried to justify it.

and there you go again with your broad brush - painting everyone who voted for Trump as racist. I guess you only took a knee in the Blame Game and are back at it?
Nope, nowhere do I claim everyone who voted for Trump is a racist. And I don't believe that to be true.

I am also wondering if you, or any other so-called reasonable & rational Trump supporters, are going to reflect on Indy's and these others posts calling Democrats terrorists, the enemies of the United States and calling for the use of deadly force against protestors? Do those words and views not bother you? Or perhaps you agree with them, or just casually brush them aside?

We have. You've encouraged it, supported it and tried to justify it.

Says the guy calling for the use of lethal force on the streets of America.

I think the police need to be brutal and start beating the **** out of all these rioting thugs who are destroying our cities. This is not a protest, it's a crime spree.

It is ludicrous that we have command staff, and mayors using police officers as human barriers and not being allowed to detain and arrest those people that are physically assaulting law enforcement. If any other citizen throws a brick at or launches a firework mortar shell into a crowd of people they would be in prison for a long time...but it's just fine to do it to law enforcement. Anything to appease the voting base. No officer in his right mind should show up to work under these conditions.

calling for the use of deadly force against protestors?

When you throw a brick at a law enforcement officer you are no longer a protester, you are a criminal at best, and if you are a paid anarchist you are a terrorist. Can you not comprehend the difference between a protest and a riot?

Nope, nowhere do I claim everyone who voted for Trump is a racist. And I don't believe that to be true.

I am also wondering if you, or any other so-called reasonable & rational Trump supporters, are going to reflect on Indy's and these others posts calling Democrats terrorists, the enemies of the United States and calling for the use of deadly force against protestors? Do those words and views not bother you? Or perhaps you agree with them, or just casually brush them aside?

I never called for deadly force against protesters. These thugs are not protesting, they're committing crimes. Democrats support the crimes and destruction.

I never called for deadly force against protesters. These thugs are not protesting, they're committing crimes. Democrats support the crimes and destruction.

Show me a single Democrat who supports the 'crimes and destruction.'

Ah, so you're saying you support the large majority of folks out there peacefully marching and protesting against police brutality, but have issues with, and want to see lethal force used against the violent extremists, ranging from the far left agitators, to the Proud Boys and Boogaloos from the far right. That makes more sense and is easier to understand when characterized that way. Duly noted.

Show me a single Democrat who supports the 'crimes and destruction.'

You. Mayor Hogshitt. George Soros. Mayor DeDuschio. Obummer. Sleepy Creepy. I could go on and on...

Take those same numbers, but as a percentage of the population of each race.

Then apply "as a % of the population" to crimes as well. 13% of the nation blacks commit the VAST majority of violent crimes (http://www.steelernationforums.com/...lice-brutality&p=728325&viewfull=1#post728325)

Let's call a spade a spade and be responsible about this. You can't keep calling yourself a victim when you keep endlessly engaging in criminal activity that leads to police encounters.

You. Mayor Hogshitt. George Soros. Mayor DeDuschio. Obummer. Sleepy Creepy. I could go on and on...

No wonder we've sunken so low as a country. I guess it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

Ah, so you're saying you support the large majority of folks out there peacefully marching and protesting against police brutality, but have issues with, and want to see lethal force used against the violent extremists, ranging from the far left agitators, to the Proud Boys and Boogaloos from the far right. That makes more sense and is easier to understand when characterized that way. Duly noted.

Sure, they have a right to peacefully protest. When they start destroying personal and public property that right goes away and it's time to enforce law and order.

You are one dumb ************.

Or could it possibly be there is some disparity in arrests and especially conviction rates? Not just driven by race but socioeconomics? Do poor people get the same defense opportunities in the court system?

Just a few questions I have.

"Violent crimes" don't all involve arrests. If you want to have a discussion about excuses that lead to the violent crimes being committed, that is another discussion. And happy to have it. Or do you want to dismiss the fact that they ARE behind most violent crimes?

And you miss the point. It’s not just about police killing people. And it’s not just about blacks. It is about the way the police treat people, period. How many interactions end with somebody getting roughed up, pulled over, harassed and arrested for simply asking questions or **** like that? The police are not some gestapo that gets to go around being judge and jury with impunity. My son, a white man, got pulled over in a traffic stop, put in cuffs and ridden into the police station. You know what his crime was? There was cellophane on his passenger side floor, so he was charged with having drug paraphernalia even though no drugs were found during the illegal search of his person and car. Charges were dropped, but it’s beside the point. Police pull **** like that all the time. Often times, the get violent about it. You can pretend it’s not a problem, but there is plenty of evidence to back it up. My eyes are open.

No, I don't. You said police violence is an epidemic. It is factually not.

I am not some blind LEO supporting person. I have a problem with the police and their behavior often times.

I likewise have a problem with the sensatlonalized, over-dramatized issue of police violence. When fewer than 1,100 Americans a year die at the hand of a police gun, the vast majority of which are legitimate, it is not an epidemic.

I'm focusing on your use of that one word....epidemic.

We were losing 2,000 a day to COVID 19. A day. Police violence is not an epidemic.

EDIT: I'm not sure what you all want out of this. Remember. The police may not be perfect, but it's a worse world with their absence. After the Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore, the police were targeted too much and they said screw it, we are backing out. They stopped policing neighborhoods. Within a couple weeks, crime had skyrocketed. The police were begged back.

Edit 2: I’m not saying policing doesn’t have problems. It does. Let’s not confuse that. But this isn’t an epidemic. Violence in Chicago by comparison is.

Last edited:
Says the guy calling for the use of lethal force on the streets of America.

Says the guy who thinks "protesting" includes throwing bricks at the police, setting fires, beating the **** out of business owners and destroying their livelihood, looting and steeling tv's and everything else...is just fine because...RACIST!

Sure, they have a right to peacefully protest.

Great, so you're down with these protests - as long as they're peaceful - and agree with the general sentiment police brutality against minorities - and all Americans - needs to end. Maybe try to express yourself more coherently, you dumb ************.

Last edited:

Wow, are you for real? While I don't in any way condone the acts of looting, vandalism and bodily harm that have occurred, I would hope that officers wouldn't double down on being "brutal" as you put it. Not sure that would be a good look considering that the protests (not the extra **** going on) are about police brutality, lack of accountability and equality. It would almost be proving that police are brutal, and I know the majority aren't, but that doesn't excuse the ones that are and the silence about it, the cover ups and ongoing looking the other way when an officer abuses their power. There needs to be some real discussions on this that occur between the police, community leaders and citizens alike. People need to come together on this.

Quite a few demonstrations across the country remained calm and without issues as police walked in solidarity with the protestors. Some took knees to show support and others engaged in conversations to reach out and show they are there to actually serve and protect. Here in Raleigh the protests remained calm until cover of night and then the instigators started **** up. They were no where near a majority of the people there earlier that just wanted their voices to be heard. Most people understand this, most people aren't letting these trouble makers high jack the message. Out of all the cities around here in NC that had protests the one I thought would have violence didn't.......Durham. Why? Here is what was said from a local article -

"Taylor also says the way Durham police handled the protests helped prevent tensions from boiling over. Durham officers primarily closed streets and blocked intersections as marchers moved around downtown, including three trips to police headquarters on East Main Street.

“While protesters in other cities were surrounded by policemen in the streets, the Durham Police Department stayed at a distance and created a safe haven for us to voice our opinions, just to protect us,” Taylor said.

......but let the police escalate and get brutal and it will only make it worse.

Great, so you're down with these protests - as long as they're peaceful - and agree with the general sentiment police brutality against minorities - and all Americans - needs to end. Maybe try to express yourself more coherently, you dumb ************.

I would bet that you are the only one on this board who is too stupid to understand what I've been expressing. And that's only because Flog hasn't checked in.

When you throw a brick at a law enforcement officer you are no longer a protester, you are a criminal at best, and if you are a paid anarchist you are a terrorist. Can you not comprehend the difference between a protest and a riot?

You need to pump the brakes a bit on the rhetoric, as it seems Trump himself is the one having trouble differentiating between a protest and a riot. As are most of you Trump apologists on this board.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump appears to have seen footage of police officers throwing women to the curb, speeding cars into crowds, firing rubber bullets at reporters, and pushing a man with a cane to the ground — and has said: “Yes. We need more of that."</p>— Matt Viser (@mviser) <a href="https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1267485618470256640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>