• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Time to unveil the Republican answer to Obamacare

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
That's right, the ***** boys assumed a Hillary win and didn't do **** for the last seven years. Well, it's no wonder it will take time. Trump has his hands full with this bunch of losers. I hope he is actively working to get rid of douchebags Ryan, who has weird pathologies, and McConnell, who looks more like a liberal woman every day.

Make health care great again.

Reactions: MTC
I'd like to see health care insurance be more on line of car/homeowner insurance. Something you fall back on in case of disaster. Allow for competition and across state lines. Forget the company health care policies. Most of them lure you in and employees are scared to retire/leave for fear of losing their benefits. If the company wants to give their employees a benefit allow them to donate to the employees HSA with pre-tax dollars to lower the tax liability and the. HSAwill continue to grow until they need it to cover deductibles, etc. A replacement for Obamacare won't work, it will just be changed the next time the Dems are in office. Government flat out needs to get out of the healthcare business. Easier said than done but, the same government that gave us $5k toilet seats for government projects is not going to do anything to lower costs if it has any say in the matter.

Talk about leverage....your and my health... How in the hell did we allow them to take it this far?

Last edited:
How in the hell did we allow them to take it this far?

obama-smiling.jpg

I tend to agree with the idea the Obamacare would have fallen on its own. The republicans made such a huge deal out of replacing it, that they really cant just wait. But even the dems would have to admit that it is broken within a few years

I tend to agree with the idea the Obamacare would have fallen on its own. The republicans made such a huge deal out of replacing it, that they really cant just wait. But even the dems would have to admit that it is broken within a few years
I don't think that would ever happen. Government programs that fail don't get abandoned, they get more ****** up and cost more money. Once it is a government program, politicians and bureaucrats think the only fix is more government.

Reactions: MTC
I don't think that would ever happen. Government programs that fail don't get abandoned, they get more ****** up and cost more money. Once it is a government program, politicians and bureaucrats think the only fix is more government.

No ****

I'd like to see health care insurance be more on line of car/homeowner insurance. Something you fall back on in case of disaster. Allow for competition and across state lines. Forget the company health care policies. Most of them lure you in and employees are scared to retire/leave for fear of losing their benefits. If the company wants to give their employees a benefit allow them to donate to the employees HSA with pre-tax dollars to lower the tax liability and the. HSAwill continue to grow until they need it to cover deductibles, etc. A replacement for Obamacare won't work, it will just be changed the next time the Dems are in office. Government flat out needs to get out of the healthcare business. Easier said than done but, the same government that gave us $5k toilet seats for government projects is not going to do anything to lower costs if it has any say in the matter.

Talk about leverage....your and my health... How in the hell did we allow them to take it this far?

Instead fo the Bronze, Silver, Gold policies and ridiculous dictates from upon high that the all policies must cover this, that and the other thing, put together about 10 policy types. Level 1 is the absolute very basic. Covers only major issues with a good sized deductible and, specifically, excludes quite a bit of the "feel good" coverages. Doesn't cover any pregnancy related issues, drug/alcohol overdoses. Level 10 covers just about everything. With rules that insurance companies MUST provide coverage, I think a level 1 policy may still be pretty expensive.

The real problem with Obamacare is the mandate to buy coverage and the mandate to allow pre-existing conditions. You cannot have the pre-existing condition rule without the mandate to buy coverage. Otherwise, zero policies get sold.

Obamacare is such a clusterfuck, I think it was, purposely designed to lead people to say "**** it do singlepayer system". Feds step in and say "We know JUST the people to run it!".

I dont like these parts. Seems to allow one state's laws to override another. OTOH, it might move insurance companies to the state with the lowest restrictions and **** over the CA rules and restrictions which would have to make their citizens insurance cheaper.

Exempts issuers from secondary state laws that would prohibit or regulate their operation in thesecondary state. However, states may impose requirements such as consumer protections andapplicable taxes, among others.Ø Prohibits an issuer from offering, selling, or issuing individual health insurance coverage in asecondary state:o If the state insurance commissioner does not use a risk-based capital formula for thedetermination of capital and surplus requirements for all issuers.o Unless both the secondary and primary states have legislation or regulations in placeestablishing an independent review process for individuals who have individual healthinsurance coverage; oro The issuer provides an acceptable mechanism under which the review is conducted by anindependent medical reviewer or panel.Ø Gives sole jurisdiction to the primary state to enforce the primary state’s covered laws in theprimary state and any secondary state.Ø Allows the secondary state to notify the primary state if the coverage offered in the secondarystate fails to comply with the covered laws in the primary state.

I'd prefer the states handle it much more than a one size fits all approach from the Federal government. It would be in line with how other insurance is run. It gives much more power to the people. If you want to live in a state with cradle to grave care, move there and expect to pay much higher taxes.

Plus if changes need to be made on the state level that is a whole lot easier to enact relatively speaking. Like trying to push a pick-up truck vs a semi

In all honesty it had its traction long before Obama. However he took a government influenced health care system and pumped it full of steroids.

You have to remember, government run healthcare has been the Democrat Dream for 60 years and the folder made its way in and out of different generations of Dem leadership desks for decades with their wish list continually being added and updated along the way. This is why parts of BommaCare are incongruent with other parts of BommaCare and as a whole it doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't workable in the real world.