• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin and Canada Officialy exposed

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Somewhere Ben is having a good laugh about all the blame for last year's offense laid at his feet instead of firing Canada.

Ben, Trubisky, Pickett...same scheme same flaws same results

Mike Tomlin owes his career and reputation to 1. Ben 2. The Rooney's tolerance/stubbornness.

This year is proving painfully true what many people have been saying for years, Ben's greatness covered up for fatal flaws in Tomlins coaching.

The sad thing is thinking about how many championships having Tomlin as our coach has cost us over the years.

Will the Rodney's ruin Pickett over their stubbornness??

Last edited:
Tomlin's post game truly showed he is now on the hot seat. Asked hard questions and Tomlin tried to usual BS but you could tell Tomlin was losing control.
I had no issue with anything that he said in his post game presser and he sounded honest… but yeah he is in trouble

Look lets ignore Canada and Tomlin for a moment.. that has been discussed forever …

Once more The DC got axed from Cincinnati for everything that’s happening right now

The Special teams are so incredibly inconsistent it’s absurd… i don’t get how DS gets a free pass

Najeh Harris has 20 yards on 11 carries and that is why the offense dried up in the first half… someone better figure out if its scheme, technique, plays or talent holding the run game back…

DJ has mental concentration issues… Claypool has route issues.. honestly if they don’t have a coach that can straighten them both out, you deal them after the season… tell dj to catch a hundred ball running for the sideline while getting mugged

Somewhere Ben is having a good laugh about all the blame for last year's offense laid at his feet instead of Firing Canada. Ben, Trubisky, Pickett...same scheme same flaws same results

Mike Tomlin owes his career and reputation to 1. Ben 2. The Rooney's tolerance/stubbornness.

This year is proving painfully true what many people have been saying for years, Ben's greatness covered up for fatal flaws in Tomlins coaching.

The sad thing is thinking about how many championships having Tomlin as our coach has cost us over the years.

I too fear that Tomlin will ruin Pickett

It's obvious the kid has potential, but I'm not sure he's ever going to get the absolute best schemes and situations to succeed with Tomlin as the coach.

The offense has been **** for four straight years now. Enough already, and the defense has sucked just as bad the past two seasons, unable to stop the run or defend the deep pass.

Just garbage.

Until there is a coaching change, the true rebuild cannot begin.

Somewhere Ben is having a good laugh about all the blame for last year's offense laid at his feet instead of Firing Canada. Ben, Trubisky, Pickett...same scheme same flaws same results

Cowher’s roster no doubt made Tomlin’s career.

I applaud Ben for carrying this franchise with this coaching.

I too fear that Tomlin will ruin Pickett

It's obvious the kid has potential, but I'm not sure he's ever going to get the absolute best schemes and situations to succeed with Tomlin as the coach.

The offense has been **** for four straight years now. Enough already, and the defense has sucked just as bad the past two seasons, unable to stop the run or defend the deep pass.

Just garbage.

Until there is a coaching change, the true rebuild cannot begin.
The Steelers D has been bad. But to give up 400 yards at the professional level at halftime. You don’t see that in the nfl

Romo liked what he saw from Pickett. I did too. Just looking early in the game, you could see him making his progressions that Mitch didn't seem to be doing. Although, we did have a 3rd and 4 or 5 and they threw a quick pass to the LOS to Najee. Problem is there were 3 guys right there. I sure hope when you see that as the QB, you can scrap the play and go elsewhere. Someone had to be getting open elsewhere. Mitch said he couldn't really audible. I sure hope they aren't doing the same to Pickett. Pickett is a very intelligent QB and is known for being good at reading defenses.

The Steelers D has been bad. But to give up 400 yards at the professional level at halftime. You don’t see that in the nfl

I think, at the end of the day, we should ALL be tired of hearing, every game, about the great thing that X player or team as done against the Steelers that hasn't been done in X decades or centuries. It is getting old.

Romo liked what he saw from Pickett. I did too. Just looking early in the game, you could see him making his progressions that Mitch didn't seem to be doing. Although, we did have a 3rd and 4 or 5 and they threw a quick pass to the LOS to Najee. Problem is there were 3 guys right there. I sure hope when you see that as the QB, you can scrap the play and go elsewhere. Someone had to be getting open elsewhere. Mitch said he couldn't really audible. I sure hope they aren't doing the same to Pickett. Pickett is a very intelligent QB and is known for being good at reading defenses.

I agree. I think Pickett did well given the circumstances and options. I DO see a little of what Trubs suggested ... which is that he and Pickett have to "earn" the trust of the coordinator to go off script. Which, quite frankly, is BS. I have a lot of optimism for Pickett. As long as Canada doesn't ruin him first.

I have a serious question. Is there a Mike Tomlin compareable anywhere in professional sports. Young coach. Wins a championship in his first three years. Goes to another two years later. And then goes on to 14 years of mostly underachieving in playoffs and blown opportunities and still is employed.

Tomlin can't win the big games and he can't beat the teams he should blow out. His defense stinks and has been bad for years now. He can't hire good offensive coaches. Good players quit on the team and leave. And during game day he can't manage the clock and is abysmal at challenges. And lately drafting on his dime has been suspect. Not sure what else this guy can screw up before finally getting his walking papers. His schtick is old and tired.

Last edited:
I have a serious question. Is there a Mike Tomlin compareable anywhere in professional sports. Young coach. Wins a championship in his first three years. Goes to another two years later. And then goes on to 14 years of mostly underachieving in playoffs and blown opportunities and still is employed.
It all started after Tebow

Don Shula maybe? Great early career with the Colts and Dolphins and consistent regular season winner but no Super Bowl wins in his last 23 years of his career and a losing playoff record those same 23 seasons. Probably stuck around 10 years too long.

It all started after Tebow
Agreed. Because the core of the team he did not build aged. And then the coaches he did not choose aged and left. You give D Lebeau the talent they had on defense 3 or 4 years ago and drop the Tampa Two **** in favor of a zone blitz scheme. Look out.

What is the record number of passes from a rookie QB in their starting debut?

New England shut out a Lions' team that had been doing very well on offense with 21 passes from Zappe and 176 yards on the ground.

Don Shula maybe? Great early career with the Colts and Dolphins and consistent regular season winner but no Super Bowl wins in his last 23 years of his career and a losing playoff record those same 23 seasons. Probably stuck around 10 years too long.
Fair. And I think Tomlin couldn't carry water for Shula.

Tomlin can't win the big games and he can't beat the teams he should blow out. His defense stinks and has been bad for years now. He can't hire good offensive coaches. Good players quit on the team and leave. And during game day he can't manage the clock and is abysmal at challenges. And lately drafting on his dime has been suspect. Not sure what else this guy can screw up before finally getting his walking papers. His schtick is old and tired.

He can't hire or develop any good coaches except for former head coaches who have already grown into who they are like Munciak.

What is the record number of passes from a rookie QB in their starting debut?

New England shut out a Lions' team that had been doing very well on offense with 21 passes from Zappe and 176 yards on the ground.
Zappe looked solid in relief last week. I dont think we are capable of gaining 176 yrds on the ground. The fact NE shut out the lions is more impressive.