• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin gets 3 year extension

(Insert Michael Scott NO gif here)
*(@%^*@#% $@&)(@!#&%$&@^$*&(*#^%(*&!@)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are we supposed to feel about this? Anybody super excited?

Would put him at 20 years. Could be 16 seasons without a playoff win which would equal Marvin Lewis lol.

Not much buzz about it anywhere. A combo of the expected and the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross's stages of playoff drought grief.

Hooray! Mediocrity, at best, for the foreseeable future, regardless of player talent!
This tells me ownership isn't really interested in being a championship contender.
I had some high hopes, too, given the QB moves made, an OC hired from outside, and the sudden interest in having an o-line.

1352264776723_826805.png

Did yinz think their reaction would be different? I expected it because that is what the owner has showed so no shocker to me. But I can understand fans reaction based off how this team has looked in the postseason.

I know this! Tomlin was the coach who hired Matt Canada as a QB Coach. Proceeds to promote him to OC where he may have been one of the worst in league history and keeps him until Art finally has had enough after the Browns game in Cleveland.
Wants Kenny Pickett and tells his team, “we have our guy”, then saddles the kid with Canada.
Totally botched the QB situation!
What happens now if he has his first losing season? You have a 35 year old QB who has been sacked 100 times the past two seasons and another who has a high turnover number.
If these two flop then whose fault will it be? It’s always someone else’s fault!
I just do not get this admiration for this guy from the bleeding heart Rooney’s.
He would have never survived this long from most of the other 31 teams.
We shall see what happens in 24 with a murderous schedule.

I think it's telling that not one person is applauding this move. I would have given Tomlin a prove it this year and put some pressure on him. He knows he is safe which would take some motivation away