• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin gets 3 year extension

Did yinz think their reaction would be different? I expected it because that is what the owner has showed so no shocker to me. But I can understand fans reaction based off how this team has looked in the postseason.
Perhaps if we look at the big picture at may just see the writing on the wall...

I'm speculating that this 3 year gift has strings attached.

2 new QBs - check. New OC - check. New OL combo with 3 young thundercats - check.

Align the extension with TJ and Minkah's peak years - the deal makes perfect sense. If he fails he's absolutely gone...

It is fun to read the reactions though😂😂😂

I hope Tomlin succeeds I really do or I wouldn’t be a true blue or black n’ gold Steeler fan.
I’m not rooting for him to fail, on the contrary. I don’t think any of us here are but we see history here that’s what I’m saying.
He succeeds, we succeed plain and simple. I’m just sick of losing to teams we should beat and mediocre ho hum seasons maybe sneaking into the playoffs only to get smoked. That’s what I’m sick of irregardless of who the HC is.
Beat the teams you should beat and be competitive with the better and elite teams giving us a chance to win.
Make the playoffs and win a game or two and not embarrass the Steeler brand and fans.

I think it's telling that not one person is applauding this move. I would have given Tomlin a prove it this year and put some pressure on him. He knows he is safe which would take some motivation away

I am not sure if you are being serious?

Are you simply referring to people on this board?

I was just hoping he would be on the hook this season...for real pressure...nope. Deuce let's him off the hook and gifts him with an extension to boot. Wacky.

Greg Lloyd's head 'bout to 'splode.

Perhaps if we look at the big picture at may just see the writing on the wall...

2 new QBs - check. New OC - check. New OL combo with 3 young thundercats - check.

Align the extension with TJ and Minkah's peak years - the deal makes perfect sense. If he fails he's absolutely gone...

If he fails can mean different things to different people. Winning season but fail in the postseason or getting there? I don’t think they remove him.

I am not even sure if they have a losing season he gets removed.

Maybe if he only wins 1-5 wins on the season. I am not basing this off anything but what they have shown.

Last edited:

All depends on the definition of the word "fails".

2 new QB’s……Trubisky…..Pickett……Check

New OC……Canada…..hired personally as QB coach ,promoted and retained even though any idiot could see he should have been sacked after one year……..check. Unforgivable. Set this team back 3+ years.

New OL combo…….Kendrick Green. Dan Moore……..Check

Let’s throw a guy that played center a few snaps in college as your starting C in his first season.Gee….what could go wrong?Green should have filed a lawsuit for incompetence of coaching. By not recognizing that you build the trenches that was totally broke before you draft a RB and TE…..total fail. Wasted 4 years of rookie contract. I would have fired you too Berm,all in on a RB without the semblance of a line Just because he was from Alabama.
Not sure why you would speculate this. He got a new 3 years contract despite what transpired the previous 3 seasons. He actually got rewarded.
Let’s hope the peak years haven’t already been done. Minkah has certainly had the arrows pointed down rather than up.

My whole point to all this……is why has nobody been accountable for these lost years. Why do they actually get rewarded?
You know exactly if and when they actually do make the playoffs they get their ***** handed to them. Defense and Offense.
The last playoff game….resorting back to Turtle ball,rather than the previous 3 games. All coaching philosophy.

I could go on and on.

He’s been here 17 years. It was time for a put up or see you later year. 17 years. I am not going to forget the type of games we have been watching since Ben’s last 2 years. How many under 200 yds of offense,7 points and under first half’s etc,etc.
It was absolutely embarrassing. Yet hey….let’s reward a new 3 year contract.

Yinz will all be happy after he wins it all this year.
I would be. It would bring nothing but happiness. The Steelers would have won where when it mattered so it would take him off the bubble for me. But it would take that or something close to that to take him off the bubble again for me as it stands now.

As there is fans that stand with Tomlin now we know the opposite would still exist too. Just the nature of fans.

I hope Tomlin succeeds I really do or I wouldn’t be a true blue or black n’ gold Steeler fan.
I’m not rooting for him to fail, on the contrary. I don’t think any of us here are but we see history here that’s what I’m saying.
He succeeds, we succeed plain and simple. I’m just sick of losing to teams we should beat and mediocre ho hum seasons maybe sneaking into the playoffs only to get smoked. That’s what I’m sick of irregardless of who the HC is.
Beat the teams you should beat and be competitive with the better and elite teams giving us a chance to win.
Make the playoffs and win a game or two and not embarrass the Steeler brand and fans.

I don't think anyone was rooting for him to fail, but most believe he already has failed as mentioned in each of the examples you touched on.

2 new QB’s……Trubisky…..Pickett……Check

New OC……Canada…..hired personally as QB coach ,promoted and retained even though any idiot could see he should have been sacked after one year……..check. Unforgivable. Set this team back 3+ years.

New OL combo…….Kendrick Green. Dan Moore……..Check

Let’s throw a guy that played center a few snaps in college as your starting C in his first season.Gee….what could go wrong?Green should have filed a lawsuit for incompetence of coaching. By not recognizing that you build the trenches that was totally broke before you draft a RB and TE…..total fail. Wasted 4 years of rookie contract. I would have fired you too Berm,all in on a RB without the semblance of a line Just because he was from Alabama.

Not sure why you would speculate this. He got a new 3 years contract despite what transpired the previous 3 seasons. He actually got rewarded.

Let’s hope the peak years haven’t already been done. Minkah has certainly had the arrows pointed down rather than up.

My whole point to all this……is why has nobody been accountable for these lost years. Why do they actually get rewarded?
You know exactly if and when they actually do make the playoffs they get their ***** handed to them. Defense and Offense.
The last playoff game….resorting back to Turtle ball,rather than the previous 3 games. All coaching philosophy.

I could go on and on.

He’s been here 17 years. It was time for a put up or see you later year. 17 years. I am not going to forget the type of games we have been watching since Ben’s last 2 years. How many under 200 yds of offense,7 points and under first half’s etc,etc.
It was absolutely embarrassing. Yet hey….let’s reward a new 3 year contract.
You simply riddled him apart with logic and truth. Nice post.

Last edited:
2027. Maybe me and Shades can retire in tge same year and I was a pretty young man when he started.
" He is pivotal to our mediocrity and his ability to produce groundhog day results satisfies the less intelligent fans thus keeping revenues flowing!" Remarked Art Rooney II.

Did yinz think their reaction would be different? I expected it because that is what the owner has showed so no shocker to me. But I can understand fans reaction based off how this team has looked in the postseason.
Slash .... I post something similar to this whenever news hits that I know will have a lot of folks upset. Just a jokey joke

Slash .... I post something similar to this whenever news hits that I know will have a lot of folks upset. Just a jokey joke
I know my response was more in general to any fan that would be shocked at this happening while understanding those who were upset. I just think this outcome is how it will be for some time to come.

I predict a lot of heavy drinking ahead.

So, accountability in 3 years?

I know my response was more in general to any fan that would be shocked at this happening while understanding those who were upset.
I warned folks. Every time they mentioned that Tomlin hadn't been extended and said it was a good sign. My response was that the extension always comes in the Summer; before training camp. There was never any reason to believe this time would be any different. So, I never got my hopes up too high and had already come to grips with the fact that the extension was coming.

2027. Maybe me and Shades can retire in tge same year and I was a pretty young man when he started.
" He is pivotal to our mediocrity and his ability to produce groundhog day results satisfies the less intelligent fans thus keeping revenues flowing!" Remarked Art Rooney II.
Don't confuse satisfaction with resignation.

Maybe they are the more intelligent fans actually. Why get all bothered about something you cannot control?

This move is proof positive that Art the Dookie had no intentions of expecting change. He has single handedly lead the downfall of a once great franchise, and just talks about ”hearing”the fans.

This just continues to make my life so much less complicated during the NFL season. First they ruined NASCAR, and we quit traveling to the races, then quit watching on tv. I turned on the Coca-Cola 600 a couple of weeks ago, didn’t recognize more than 1-2 racers, watched about 5 minutes and turned it off. This is the same thing that has happened in regards to the Steelers. We quit going to the 1-2 games a year, quit buying NFLST, quit buying ANYTHING Steelers related. This year I fully expect to not even be interested enough to even watch the free televised games. It is truly amazing how much money we save by not supporting NASCAR & STEELERS.