• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin gets 3 year extension

How are we supposed to feel about this? Anybody super excited?

Would put him at 20 years. Could be 16 seasons without a playoff win which would equal Marvin Lewis lol.
Downhearted
Doubt it, except for his family

I think Marvin Lewis was an excellent coach ..........for the Bungals ......lol

Although they would never trade him
That is a non starter
But if we did......imagine how many 1st rounders we could get from the Browns.....🤪

Don't confuse satisfaction with resignation.

Maybe they are the more intelligent fans actually. Why get all bothered about something you cannot control?
I don't get bothered. I expect the disappointment and am never truly dissapointed. They won't be ******. They won't be a contender. They are groundhog day just outside just inside the playoffs rinse and repeat. What the Deuce sees in this.....the facade of contention paired with the tradition of this team = consistent revenue. Anybody really think this team is gonna contend for a SB in that 3 or 4 seasons. Really?

Since the Steelers are 7-1 vs the Rats since 2020, I highly doubt that.

...and The Pittsburgh Steelers are 15-5 against the Bengals between June 9, 2014 and June 9, 2024.

Also the Pittsburgh Steelers are close to an identical record vs the Clowns...13-5-2 in the same time period.

One little caveat regarding the Browns however.
They beat us in the playoffs, and knowing Tomlins playoff record the Browns may just want to keep him around.

Last edited:
Everyone on this board wants the Steelers to raise the Lombardi every year, and hopefully that will be the case this year.
History though, tells us they will finish 9-8 and those supporting this decision think that we should be happy about that.
I'd just settle for not getting ragdolled in the playoffs when they happen to trip into them. You know, baby steps.

Is anyone really that surprised?

We know what Tomlin is capable of which is slightly better than middle-of-the -road , and that's what he gives us every year. He can't/won't/isn't able to do any better.
We know it and Rooney knows it and unfortunately he's very comfortable with it.

Imagine how much madder well be in three years when he gets his next extension!

As long as the money rolls in and the seats are full, THAT is all the Ownership group wants to see. They are more than happy to play the odds/numbers game. They are much more worried about a sliding record, so they keep Tomlin. The odds of a better HC materializing are a bit less likely, so they risk is mot worth the possibility of reduced revenue.

Art the Dookie is the TYPICAL 3rd generation owner. They never have the drive that the first 2 did, because he lived the good life afforded by generations 1&2. Combine that with following, arguably one of the best owners in NFL history, and he looks even worse than he really is.

Last edited:
Meh, not all signs are correct. Sure, he got an extension BUT that extension doesn't give him zero accountability, although we've yet to see any. The good about HCMT is almost all players love him and want the chance to play for him, including really great players that I personally respect. They all, to a fault praise him. Not the same as Billicheat's former players, who mostly say how strict/accountable they were under him...or they say nothing.

The bad, as I see it, is he doesn't like playing second fiddle, which means he either won't hire, or cannot retain great position coaches. I blame it solely on his meddling but who knows. Some coaches prefer a HC who sings their praises (something we never hear from HCMT) rather than someone who will stand up for you (when you flat out suck), which some of our players and coaches clearly do. HCMT is the latter. He defends bad coaching and play and also extracurricular shenanigans. We never hear him saying how much he learned from great coaches like Munch and Lebeau...never.

Time will tell, but IF we're making lemonade, at least we "could" trade him if he doesn't meet the expectations set before him. He certainly is running out of excuses with Kahn's management of his personnel.

Plenty of more excuses to hire and fire, Tomlin will never run out of those excuses…he’s got a lifetime supply to go along with his lifetime job of Supreme Court Justice of the Steelers

Err is that Supreme Court Jester of the Steelers?

The jester gives good press conferences, what more could we want/need from him?

448154370_10224896544626443_8781434706429871886_n.jpg