• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin to ponder coming back after the season is over

Rooney has to grow a pair and make Tomlin **** or get off the pot and decide this week or risk diluting the hiring pool, he has to value this franchise over loyalty, friendship, the Rooney rule etc.

Or better yet Rooney tells Tomlin let’s call it a career here today and sends him out in a great big love fest and they call it a mutual parting of ways

I’m not hopeful Rooney has the stones for that tho

93.7 reporting that Shades told the players today that he’ll be back.

Hate me if you want but I am perfectly fine with Mike being back, as long as he makes real changes on the coaching staff. I am also perfectly fine if feels ready to retire. I don't want to see him coach another team. Either make real changes and win a Super Bowl or retire and put another Steeler coach in the Hall of Fame.

Hate me if you want but I am perfectly fine with Mike being back, as long as he makes real changes on the coaching staff. I am also perfectly fine if feels ready to retire. I don't want to see him coach another team. Either make real changes and win a Super Bowl or retire and put another Steeler coach in the Hall of Fame.
I don't hate you at all, but surely you understand everything you wrote won't happen. It's apparent MT runs the entire show and after 17 years it's getting progressively worse. When Najee is hinting at what's wrong, (and retired players) it's a cluster.

The Tomlin Fan Club is burning up the phone lines to 93.7 this morning with excuses.
It’s friggen’ amazing.
1. Never a losing season, greatest coach ever.
2. He has no say in draft picks and does a fantastic job with the motley collection of players given to him by Kevin Colbert.
3. He has no say in hiring and firing assistant coaches, they are all hired by the front office and if they suck he can’t get rid of them.
4. Everyone who thinks he should be fired is racist.

The Tomlin Fan Club is burning up the phone lines to 93.7 this morning with excuses.
It’s friggen’ amazing.
2. He has no say in draft picks and does a fantastic job with the motley collection of players given to him by Kevin Colbert.
3. He has no say in hiring and firing assistant coaches, they are all hired by the front office and if they suck he can’t get rid of them.

Yep, I had to turn it off, I couldn't listen to that crap anymore. The one guy was complaining about Mike Sullivan for the Pens not getting the same heat as Tomlin, Sullivan is getting a little heat and he won back to back cups since the last time we won a playoff game.

It’s friggen’ amazing.

That leads me to a question.. what does Tomlin even do?

That leads me to a question.. what does Tomlin even do?
Thru sheer football genius he wills his team to a winning record every year despite the n’er-do-well jabronis drafted by Colbert and Omar and stupid assistant coaches hired by the front office. Vince Lombardi himself couldn’t win with this team.

Thru sheer football genius he wills his team to a winning record every year despite the n’er-do-well jabronis drafted by Colbert and Omar and stupid assistant coaches hired by the front office. Vince Lombardi himself couldn’t win with this team.
Super genius that is