• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin to ponder coming back after the season is over

Explain to me Steve what chance has he had so far. He played one and a half ****** games one very good with anyone (and current guys aren't good) not Canada who is the only coach fired by this team in anyone's memory.
SteveA obviously had KP steal his girl or guy at some point. And holds a personal grudge against KP.

Rudolph played OK today but he didn't take anything away from KP. I still think the QB1 goes back to KP and they try to sign Rudolph as the QB2 with incentives in case he plays more.

With that said, Tomlin needs to walk away and stay away. This team needs to start over.

Rudolph played OK today but he didn't take anything away from KP. I still think the QB1 goes back to KP and they try to sign Rudolph as the QB2 with incentives in case he plays more.

With that said, Tomlin needs to walk away and stay away. This team needs to start over.
I still think he gets a 3-year extension and the Steelers need a makeover with the offensive staff. Hire off the Shanahan coaching tree. Bring in a new OL, QB, TE, and WR coach (Faulkner can stay). Bring in a new DC.

QB is the biggest question mark. I'm okay giving Pickett a third year, but would prefer legit competition. The Steelers QB depth chart is so far behind the guys who are left. Does anyone really believe Pickett can do the things we are seeing from the QBs left in the playoffs (Lamar, Allen, Mahomes, Stroud, Purdy, Love, Goff)?

I still think he gets a 3-year extension and the Steelers need a makeover with the offensive staff. Hire off the Shanahan coaching tree. Bring in a new OL, QB, TE, and WR coach (Faulkner can stay). Bring in a new DC.

QB is the biggest question mark. I'm okay giving Pickett a third year, but would prefer legit competition. The Steelers QB depth chart is so far behind the guys who are left. Does anyone really believe Pickett can do the things we are seeing from the QBs left in the playoffs (Lamar, Allen, Mahomes, Stroud, Purdy, Love, Goff)?
If he gets three more years nothing will change absolutely nothing.

So... Angry.

Reality Wig SHACKLING me!

But almost all franchise QB's make throws and do things in their first 20 or so starts that show you why they can or will be franchise QB's. Manning threw like 28 INT's his first season, but he also made ridiculous reads and throws. Ben didn't have great stats as rookie, but he made so many incredible plays and throws you knew he was going to be really good.
They play way too conservative for that to be allowed. The non losing season would be in jeopardy.

So many new platforms broadcasting NFL. I won't be surprised if Tomlin's agent already has a huge TV offer.

Tomlin must know he doesn't have a QB. Why stick around and take losses on his record while the steelers try to find the next QB when he can go to TV at least for a few years and then wait for the right job offer.

Exactly the right point. The teams remaining all have elite or in-the-making elite QBs (ok Baker may not be but…)

So many new platforms broadcasting NFL. I won't be surprised if Tomlin's agent already has a huge TV offer.

Tomlin must know he doesn't have a QB. Why stick around and take losses on his record while the steelers try to find the next QB when he can go to TV at least for a few years and then wait for the right job offer.
I'm hoping this is our out.

A-N-D

If Faulkner is kept, the offense barely improves. Barely, because that needs complete coaching change. Tomlin would have his yes man.

Salute the nation

I don't think he will. Now that I've seen the video of him walking out of the press conference, and the way players (especially offensive players) have been talking negatively for some time about what happens off the field, I think it's more likely than not Steelers will have a new head coach next year.

And if Tomlin is coach for 2024 I think there's going to be a few starters looking for trades or being moved on given the public comments they have made.

Someone pointed out that Tomlin should have challenged Allens 52 yard run because he pulled a fake slide and that by rule is " giving himself up"
It was a TD so it should have been instantly reviewed IMO, but he should have at least pointed it out

Someone pointed out that Tomlin should have challenged Allens 52 yard run because he pulled a fake slide and that by rule is " giving himself up"
It was a TD so it should have been instantly reviewed IMO, but he should have at least pointed it out
It reminded me of the Kenny Pickett fake slide in ACC championship game..

Plus the missed hold on Rowe enabling the run.. .

Plus the missed hold on Rowe enabling the run.. .
Yes---that was obvious and directly affected the play.

We all know who the NFL wanted to win that game...

I also thought a flag should of been thrown for the obvious cheap and vicious back of the head shot the Bills linemen did to Porter..

The Tomlin Fan Club in the FB groups is in full meltdown mode this morning. I don’t even need to add anything, it’s hilarious to watch.

1. Never a losing season, greatest coach ever.
2. Who would replace him that will go 17 seasons without a losing record?

Lather, rinse, repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Show #1 on ESPN, Louis Riddick and Jeff Saturday going to bat for Tomlin saying fans are insane for wanting him gone. He's had to coach so hard to keep the near .500 and in playoff contention. Do they not care about 4 seasons with a playoff win out of 17 years coaching?

Show #1 on ESPN, Louis Riddick and Jeff Saturday going to bat for Tomlin saying fans are insane for wanting him gone. He's had to coach so hard to keep the near .500 and in playoff contention. Do they not care about 4 seasons with a playoff win out of 17 years coaching?
Those idiots probably have no idea, no playoff wins in 7 seasons now, has a coach ever coached that long without a playoff win and kept his job?

Since 1970 here's the number of times franchises have given up 30+ in the playoffs, it's happened to Denver 6 times, it's happened to us 5 times, all in the past 7 seasons!!!!

Those idiots probably have no idea, no playoff wins in 7 seasons now, has a coach ever coached that long without a playoff win and kept his job?

Since 1970 here's the number of times franchises have given up 30+ in the playoffs, it's happened to Denver 6 times, it's happened to us 5 times, all in the past 7 seasons!!!!

They're just putting out good pr for him no matter what. Very few of these guys really know the team or history.

The announcers on the game yesterday said this was coach of the year stuff from Tomlin, WTF?????
Peter King is on the Fan right now, saying this was an accomplishment by Tomlin this season, again WTF?????