• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tracking The Steelers' Formal & Informal Visits At The 2024 NFL Scouting Combine (Updating)

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
It seems like forever away, but the Pittsburgh Steelers will soon be on the clock at the 2024 NFL Draft. With the offseason already in full swing, the team has now moved into the next phase, which means constant meetings with potential draft selections. The 2024 NFL Combine has now kicked off and with most of the Steelers brass already in Indianapolis, you can expect plenty of news to start rolling in.

READ MORE

Ah Justin getting in on the draft fever.

Jalyx Hunt is from Houston Christian not Houston
Still has Houston in the name———————————- so there is that.!

Salute the nation

Not widely reported but I another name to watch for is Michael Hall, DL, Ohio St. He doesn't fit the usual type of DL prospect the Steelers usually target but, apparently, Tomlin had been spending time with him at the Combine - somewhat similar to what he did with Keanu Benton.

Not widely reported but I another name to watch for is Michael Hall, DL, Ohio St. He doesn't fit the usual type of DL prospect the Steelers usually target but, apparently, Tomlin had been spending time with him at the Combine - somewhat similar to what he did with Keanu Benton.
I dunno those tweeners make me give pause. A prospect they pump up but the statistics don't support the hype. He is said to be strong and have no problems shedding blocks. Is he Leal without the ability to play LBer?

ROUND ONE!!!!

Florida State Tight End Jahiem Bell: Bell is on the short side for a tight end at only 6'3. He also struggles in blocking. He is very athletic and can stretch the field with his above average speed for a tight end.

ROUND ONE!!!!

Florida State Tight End Jahiem Bell: Bell is on the short side for a tight end at only 6'3. He also struggles in blocking. He is very athletic and can stretch the field with his above average speed for a tight end.

WTF ?

2nd round or what?

Salute the nation

For center being the biggest need as of today, here's who the Steelers are looking at. Not the guys many of us had pegged in the first or second round.

For center being the biggest need as of today, here's who the Steelers are looking at. Not the guys many of us had pegged in the first or second round.

Meh, The Steelers had a major presence at the Senior bowl and many of the guys they met with there arent going to get a second meeting.
Id still think JPJ 2 is a target. But its nice to see them meeting with potential low first round tackles too

They had a formal meeting with Van Pran per SD.

One of the media guys pointed out that they haven't been using their formal interviews at the Combine on guys that they met with at the Senior Bowl. Maximizing the amount of guys they meet with throughout the process.

Worthy just clocked a 4.21.

Yes you read it correctly.

Lock in a WR in the first three rounds Thomas Jr. absolutely has to be in play at 20 if he's there.
Yep he looked good at everything he did to match his production. I was telling ol girl about him. It might have to be someone falling or a trade up for me to go elsewhere. I think he is that good...

Yep he looked good at everything he did to match his production. I was telling ol girl about him. It might have to be someone falling or a trade up for me to go elsewhere. I think he is that good...
But, can he block? :peep:

I want us to get Michael Penix Jr
I wouldn't be disappointed. I think he is a high round 2 , bottom 1 prospect.

But if they grabbed him at 20, I wouldn't lose sleep. I think they will go CB, WR, RT, or C. But I would be ok with them grabbing him. I think if you go QB or WR or RT or CB in 1 they need to trade up in 2 for a C...

Penix
Thomas
Wiggins
Latham

All four are sitting there at 20..who do yinz pick?

Penix
Thomas
Wiggins
Latham

All four are sitting there at 20..who do yinz pick?
1. Latham - Consistently the highest rated player of the bunch. Day 1 starter and would provide the Steelers with talented bookends for a long time.
2. Wiggins - Blazing speed, a little lean so we'd have a couple of CBs not particularly strong against the run. Not so worried about that because we could have a lockdown duo.
3. Thomas Jr. - Great size and speed with huge upside. Would not need to be a day 1 starter.
4. Penix Jr. - A couple of ACL injuries in college and had inconsistent production. When he's good, he's really good. When he's off, he's meh.