• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Training camp thread.

I would be more than mildly surprised if Green is on this roster week one unless an injury gets him there and apparently oline Herbbig was injured. 4 TEs is not going to allow any luxury roster spots for gimmick fullback.
If he makes tge roster, it will be because of improved play at Center, not as a fullback. If he does make the roster then they will maybe occasionally use him in goal line type situations.

If he makes tge roster, it will be because of improved play at Center, not as a fullback. If he does make the roster then they will maybe occasionally use him in goal line type situations.
Maybe they can use 6 OL on some plays, where Green and Cole both line up together as centers, then shift just before setting. No need for the extra T or TE, we have 2 Cs!!
It could be a great way to make the inside jet screen work up the middle.

picturing the O line coming up to the line of scrimmage,, then all of a sudden they all shift hard unbalanced left,, and now green who was lined up at RT snaps it

picturing the O line coming up to the line of scrimmage,, then all of a sudden they all shift hard unbalanced left,, and now green who was lined up at RT snaps it
Think of the reverses you could run off that!

Have to say not fond of the schedule this year with Monday's being the day off. In the past that was the day I liked to go. My ***** of the off-season.😅

We are going Sunday to watch practice. I usually like to go more than 1 time a year. But this has been a busy year for us.

Jealous of those who get to attend. Have often thought a week of practices might be better than a single game that costs a ton and is enjoyment dependant on the outcome. 2 of the last 3 Ben was hurt and they kinda sucked.

Going to a practice is alright. IMO the best one to goto is the one under the lights at Latrobe highschool. It always seems more intense and is like a mini game. It is also not as hot. I still prefer to watch games on TV, the only downfall is you dont get to see the whole field.

Maybe they can use 6 OL on some plays, where Green and Cole both line up together as centers, then shift just before setting. No need for the extra T or TE, we have 2 Cs!!
It could be a great way to make the inside jet screen work up the middle.

This could quite possibly work,…… but then you risk the O’Canada by confusing him even more……….

Salute the nation

Have to say not fond of the schedule this year with Monday's being the day off. In the past that was the day I liked to go. My ***** of the off-season.😅

We are going Sunday to watch practice. I usually like to go more than 1 time a year. But this has been a busy year for us.

Be sure to post your experience here, let us know how it went (Both practice and your experience).

Thanks in advance.!!!

Salute the nation

people are getting antsy about some of the struggles tge Rookies are having… there needs to be a giant flashing sign posted saying “remember, Rookies are not finished products… it may take two, three, or even four years before you see them at their full capacity…

people are getting antsy about some of the struggles tge Rookies are having… there needs to be a giant flashing sign posted saying “remember, Rookies are not finished products… it may take two, three, or even four years before you see them at their full capacity…

There most certainly will be a lapse in play and learning from both new-ness and rookie personnel.

By week 4-6 it should be pretty smooth sailing unless the OC is holding them back.

DK Sports isn’t gushing about the offense in TC. Says the “O” is short game and parallel.

Salute the nation

There most certainly will be a lapse in play and learning from both new-ness and rookie personnel.

By week 4-6 it should be pretty smooth sailing unless the OC is holding them back.

DK Sports isn’t gushing about the offense in TC. Says the “O” is short game and parallel.

Salute the nation
Canada is holding them back

Canada is holding them back

It's a wait and see, O'Canada should take that proverbial 3rd year step up (ONLY team in the NFL who has on the job training for newbie coordinators).

Salute the nation

Loudermilk?

I don't think I ever heard cope/stryker speak about him

Wasn’t that the great interview ———————————- that wasn’t ?

Salute the nation