• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Truck prices

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me the outrageous costs of trucks right now? It doesn’t make logical sense… a friend of mine bought a used SUV because the equivalent Truck to his year and model was 10,000 more expensive

Here is a video about new trucks.. DIC ought to pay attention .. that S10 might be a goldmine these days…

Something isn’t right here… trucks aren’t fundamentally more expensive to make than comparable sized vehicles…

5 years ago I bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins for $10k. Today I could sell it for $20k - $25k. I won't because I can't afford to replace it.

Crazy.

Can anyone explain to me the outrageous costs of trucks right now? It doesn’t make logical sense… a friend of mine bought a used SUV because the equivalent Truck to his year and model was 10,000 more expensive

Here is a video about new trucks.. DIC ought to pay attention .. that S10 might be a goldmine these days…

Something isn’t right here… trucks aren’t fundamentally more expensive to make than comparable sized vehicles…

Cars in general went way up. Hell my 2018 zl1 A10 with pdr Camaro I bought new in 2018 for 63k went up to 74-80k for the same damn car a few years later. Now that it's in it's last year of production the special 2024 model, which is still the same ******* car other than a few badges, engine is same,the supercharger is the same it's going for 200,000 new at the dealers. Talk about a mark up.

legacy costs are a huge part of the problem. You can thank Unions for at least this part.

:unsure: :LOL: For the last 3 years or so I've been pricing new trucks to replace my 26 year old F250 PowerStroke. Thinking that I no longer require a beast of a truck, I'm looking at F150's to replace it, but still want a truck with an actual bed and not a cargo box on the back. Almost pulled the trigger at a dealer in Prescott a few years ago, but they wouldn't budge on the price (over 65K) and wouldn't even look at my truck in trade. My current truck hasn't given me any reason to get rid of it, but age and 300K on the clock gives me pause. Or it may well out live me.

They’re not able to build as many because of the chip shortage so they have to charge more for the ones they do sell. And if you want to order one it’s a minimum 6 month wait.

Bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab long-bed in 2018 for $7,000. Drove it for a year, then traded it in for 2014 Silverado 1500 extended cab 4x4 in 2020. Got $7200 for the trade-in. Spent $28,200 on the new Silverado with just 81,000 miles.

Drove from Prescott to Marietta, but still has just 98,000 miles. That vehicle is going for ... $28,000.

Crazy. I am very happy we bought our vehicles pre-Biden.

Go look at the Ford dealers. All the ones around here have tons of vehicles. especially F-150's. Nobody is buying them because they cost too damn much.

Act today and pay more than you ever dreamed of for your dream truck! 🛻 🚚 We guarantee, or your money back, you'll pay premium top dollar prices you could have never dreamed of! 🤑💰💵💲

200w.webp

That's right! If you act today - operators are standing by - we promise to approve you for a 60 month car loan at the low, low rate of 8.9%! But you must act now. At these prices and interest rates, supplies won't last!

That’s what makes it twice as bad, the ducking rates. My 15 GT I had like a 1.2%. That’s **** for interest. Now?! 9% onto of a 70k ride. ****.

I thought it was just down here in Florida because so many people own their own businesses and most quire a truck.
btw.....I used to own an S-10. And there was nothing luxury about it. :) After replacing the starter for the third time, I gave up.

Go look at the Ford dealers. All the ones around here have tons of vehicles. especially F-150's. Nobody is buying them because they cost too damn much.

Reminds me of Yogi Berra's comment, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

I have a 2019 Tundra Crewcab. I bought it for 42K in 2019. went to a local carmax 2 weeks ago and got offered 41k for it. then went next door to a "Webuycars" with the carmax offer. they offered 43K. I am still sitting on it but might sell.

I have a 2019 Tundra Crewcab. I bought it for 42K in 2019. went to a local carmax 2 weeks ago and got offered 41k for it. then went next door to a "Webuycars" with the carmax offer. they offered 43K. I am still sitting on it but might sell.
Damn you got stacks of coke in the wheels or something

Nah. I’m going with they know you have a mule care.

Could be me, just started watching NARCOS

"sEe! jOe ByDeN iZ gReAt FoR tHe EeKoNoMee!"
- Liberal idiots, i.e., all of them

Act today and pay more than you ever dreamed of for your dream truck! 🛻 🚚 We guarantee, or your money back, you'll pay premium top dollar prices you could have never dreamed of! 🤑💰💵💲

200w.webp

That's right! If you act today - operators are standing by - we promise to approve you for a 60 month car loan at the low, low rate of 8.9%! But you must act now. At these prices and interest rates, supplies won't last!
Loans are now 72 to 84 months, progress!

Yeah, but if you have to replace it with something you may decide keeping it is the better option.

Reactions: JMM
I’m a gearhead and belong to several Ford truck boards, specifically Rangers. I got my 2020 Luxury Ranger at the yuge Ford dealer near my work, luckily just before prices skyrocketed. It was the only Ranger they had an almost exactly what I wanted. Ordering for 2023 Rangers closed at the end of January, you can order a 2024 now but it’s a 6 month wait. Meantime their lot plus a vacant lot down the road is loaded with $50,000+ Eff One Fiddys.

Yeah, but if you have to replace it with something you may decide keeping it is the better option.
exactly why I have not sold. plus it might take forever to actually get