• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump ****-cans N. Korea Summit

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...out-summit-with-north-koreas-kim-jong-un.html

I think this is the right move. It has been obvious in the last couple days that NK was going to start playing games, trying to win concessions even before they got to the table. Then, to start name calling and finger pointing and nonsense threatening to withdraw, **** that. Walk away. No freebies, no bullshit. This was a good call. You do not reward bad behavior.

There goes the Nobel...

I hope the hardline will get the DPNK back to the table. You always want to negotiate from a position of power.

It was the right move. Putting up with the **** they've pulled the last few days makes it seem like we're groveling. They need us, we don't need them.

It was the right move. Putting up with the **** they've pulled the last few days makes it seem like we're groveling. They need us, we don't need them.

Libs are losing their ****. See? See? We knew Trump would **** it up.

IMG_3008r.jpg

classic sales move. Take it away. Makes them want it back.

also, lol at the letter calling them hostages, rather than prisoners. :)

This is a long way from over. Let Trump play his games and I'm pretty confident good things for America will end up happening.

He's been winning on everything else in my book and Korea is still headed in a better direction that it was 18 months ago.

Libs are losing their ****. See? See? We knew Trump would **** it up.

There wasn’t anything to **** up in the first place. It was a bullshit from the word go.... I can’t believe people were stupid enough to believe anything would come of it.

There wasn’t anything to **** up in the first place. It was a bullshit from the word go.... I can’t believe people were stupid enough to believe anything would come of it.

NoKo saying they still want to have a meeting:

North Korea said it was surprised by President Donald Trump’s decision to cancel a June 12 summit with Kim Jong Un and that the country remains willing to meet with the U.S. at any time.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-cancellation-of-kim-summit-setback-for-world

Trump called their bluff, and NoKo is now busy backing down. Sometimes to reach a good deal, you have to walk away from a possible deal.

N. Korea still open to talks with US as Trump threatens Kim Jong-un after scrapping summit

North Korea said on Friday it was still open to talks with the US despite Donald Trump's threat of military action after cancelling their June 12 summit in Singapore.

Pyongyang described the US president's decision to pull the plug on the much anticipated meeting as "extremely regrettable".

"The abrupt announcement of the cancellation of the meeting is unexpected for us and we cannot but find it extremely regrettable," Kim Kye Gwan, North Korea's First Vice Foreign Minister, said in a statement carried by the state-run KCNA news agency.

"We again state to the US our willingness to sit face-to-face at any time in any form to resolve the problem," Kim added.

The US president said on Thursday the American military was “ready if necessary” to react with its allies should North Korea take any “foolish or reckless acts”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...pen-talks-us-donald-trump-threatens-kim-jong/

---------------------

nuke em till they glow n use their ***** for runway lights

This shows the difference between Trump and Obama. Trump cares about results. Obama cares about optics. Trump saw the the norks were not serious so he called it off. Obama would have gone ahead, had a useless summit, then a photo shoot where he declares how he fixed Korea.

Just getting those two talking and walking across the border together gives Trump more legitimacy for a Peace Prize than The Big O.

Trump is playing this perfectly. North Korea already dynamited their nuclear mountain...they could have used this as a bargaining chip in the deal. Kim wants the meeting badly. Trump has the leverage.

Call me a little crazy, but I see an economic opportunity here. North Korea's very cheap labor selling the cheaply made stuff we import to China? In exchange for total denuclearization and testing with inspection where we want? Hmmm...A win-win for both side. Sorry China, trade fairly :)

He playing them

Trump: Actually, the North Korea Summit Still Could Happen June 12

“We’ll see what happens. We’re talking to them now. It was a very nice statement they put out. We’ll see what happens," Trump said. “We’ll see what happens. It could even be the 12th. We’re talking to them now. They very much want to do it. We’d like to do it. We’re going to see what happens.”

“Everybody plays games. You know that better than anybody,” he continued when asked about whether North Korea is playing games.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...ea-summit-still-could-happen-june-12-n2484401

-------------------

meanwhile, getting things done

President Trump Has Secured the Release of Another American Prisoner Overseas

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) announced Saturday that the Trump administration has secured the release of Joshua Holt, 26, from captivity in Venezuela after he was held there for almost two years.

Holt, a Mormon, flew to Venezuela to marry Thamy Holt, who he had met online.

Venezuela claimed Holt had weapons in his new wife’s family’s apartment. He and his wife have been held without a trial since 2016.

President Trump celebrated the development in some tweets Saturday as the newly released couple are expected to land in D.C. this evening.

Good news about the release of the American hostage from Venezuela. Should be landing in D.C. this evening and be in the White House, with his family, at about 7:00 P.M. The great people of Utah will be very happy!— Donald J. Trump

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laure...reaking-usnorth-korea-summit-back-on-n2484695