• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump ****-cans N. Korea Summit

If NK messes around and messes with Trumps trust and makes him look bad, I think NK will pay the price. Trump will be much more likely to let the bombs fly this time around

Back to the drawing board, I guess. Too bad Trump basically sprained his wrist patting himself on the back declaring this a done deal a few weeks ago. I'm hoping something can still be worked out, but looks like this deal is in tatters. Or more succinctly, there never was a deal based on anything specific, just a lot of posturing, grandstanding and photo ops.

North Korea: US is making 'gangster-like' demands on denuclearisation
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44751283

Be honest, you're hoping it falls through aren't ya? I say, at least Trump is ******* trying to do something with them which is more than any other chicken **** had the guts to do before. Let's keep in mind that we are dealing with a maniacal dictator (Kim, not Trump Tibs, har de har har). I would be more surprised if something came together quickly and easily.

Wait. Are we back to being on the verge of nuclear war again? I can't keep track of the latest hysterical narrative.

Apparently NK was upset because the Trump admin is asking for the same things previous admins asked for.

Not sure how we drop a bomb without saying goodbye to South Korea first.

Apparently NK was upset because the Trump admin is asking for the same things previous admins asked for.

we could do it, whether we would do it or not is another story. it would take a VERY large, fast, and heavy attack. One thing in don't think we can do is just drop a few bombs here and there as a warning. Has to be an all or nothing shot.

It’s called a tactical nuke weapon.

What, you think South Korea can't fight? You do understand that SK has a pretty robust military, right? We are not their sole protection. Go to Korea sometime. If you get a chance, watch the ROK Army train. It is impressive, at least. They aren't like those soft *** Euros that wait around for someone else to defend them. ******* are bad ***.

I'll give Trump credit if the China trade war is a ploy for a China OK for regime change. In a perfect world, you might not have to drop a bomb. Have Kim visit
China again, and have China take him into custody. Then have China and US support a gradual Korea reunification with the US military eventually departing.

Big question mark is what the North Korea military does if Kim isn't giving orders.

I'll give Trump credit if the China trade war is a ploy for a China OK for regime change. In a perfect world, you might not have to drop a bomb. Have Kim visit
China again, and have China take him into custody. Then have China and US support a gradual Korea reunification with the US military eventually departing.

Big question mark is what the North Korea military does if Kim isn't giving orders.

That's the smartest thing you've said all year.

Fixed. I'm wondering why we haven't sent in assassins to take him out. Surely we have some SEALs that look Korean. Or hit him with a drone strike.

Not to worry. We have katsung47 keeping an eye on him.

Fixed. I'm wondering why we haven't sent in assassins to take him out. Surely we have some SEALs that look Korean. Or hit him with a drone strike.

I would say it is because it is US policy not to kill a foreign leader. In fact, I think it is the law.

That said, I am pretty sure the CIA has "helped" other nations do deeds like that.

I would say it is because it is US policy not to kill a foreign leader. In fact, I think it is the law.

That said, I am pretty sure the CIA has "helped" other nations do deeds like that.

I think it was just an Executive Order signed a long time ago by LBJ or Nixon. Another E.O. can be signed to reverse that, problem is that everyone would know about it. :nod:

WINNING!

North Korea: satellite images show dismantling of missile test facilities

Satellite images indicate North Korea has begun dismantling key facilities at a site used to develop engines for ballistic missiles, in a first step toward fulfilling a pledge made to US President Donald Trump at a June summit, reports a Washington-based think tank.

Work seen as ‘important first step’ after pledge made at summit with Donald Trump

The images from 20 July showed work at the Sohae satellite launching station to dismantle a building used to assemble space-launch vehicles and a nearby rocket engine test stand used to develop liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space-launch vehicles, the 38 North think tank said.

“Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence-building measure on the part of North Korea,” it said in a report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dismantling-of-missile-test-facilities-report

WINNING!

North Korea: satellite images show dismantling of missile test facilities

Satellite images indicate North Korea has begun dismantling key facilities at a site used to develop engines for ballistic missiles, in a first step toward fulfilling a pledge made to US President Donald Trump at a June summit, reports a Washington-based think tank.

Work seen as ‘important first step’ after pledge made at summit with Donald Trump

The images from 20 July showed work at the Sohae satellite launching station to dismantle a building used to assemble space-launch vehicles and a nearby rocket engine test stand used to develop liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space-launch vehicles, the 38 North think tank said.

“Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence-building measure on the part of North Korea,” it said in a report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...dismantling-of-missile-test-facilities-report

Not significant. Let's talk about Stormy Daniels some more. That's real news.

Seems like a positive first step. Well done Trump/Executive Branch!!! Keep up the good work.