• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump ****-cans N. Korea Summit

I really don't see how anyone can think this meeting was a bad thing. At worst we already had hostages released and things will go back to how they were. At best NK will follow through and their country will open up and become prosperous and peaceful. I really believe Kim was feeling the squeeze of sanctions and decided enough is enough. We will see, but as far as i am concerned it is a positive step and we are moving in the right direction.

I really don't see how anyone can think this meeting was a bad thing. At worst we already had hostages released and things will go back to how they were. At best NK will follow through and their country will open up and become prosperous and peaceful. I really believe Kim was feeling the squeeze of sanctions and decided enough is enough. We will see, but as far as i am concerned it is a positive step and we are moving in the right direction.

You are a racist for believing this.

Are you sure about that? Everything I am reading says they were caught off guard by the announcement and want Trump to explain exactly what that means.

CNN blamed us for missile launches over Japan, "Stop the war exercises" "Stop intimidating them" Stop inciting them"....

I remember all the South Korean war protesters the last time we held the exercises - "Down with USA, Make peace not war!!!!"

0728-ONORTHK-South-Korea-US-Military.jpg

37756611_303.jpg

Where are they now?

Heard a good point on Canadian talk radio today. Does anyone consider that perhaps KJU thinks his development of a nuclear program is what brought the US to the table? Like maybe he thinks the US is afraid?

Heard a good point on Canadian talk radio today. Does anyone consider that perhaps KJU thinks his development of a nuclear program is what brought the US to the table? Like maybe he thinks the US is afraid?

Maybe kim believes that, but if NK continued on their previous path i have no doubt they would have been bombed / decimated by us. It would be just a matter of how much firepower we sent.

Also NK could have chosen to come to the table any time over the previous how many years

The North Koreans really ramped up their nuclear capabilities and ambitions in 1989 (I've read), so they've been around for a long time. Granted, ICBMs and other technology probably put America on high alert and have for good while, but as far as the U.S. actually being scared? We would absolutely obliterate them with our own nuclear capabilities if it got to that point. I mean not even close.

Thank God the USSR, and later the Russians, as well as the Chinese don't have nuclear weapons or intercontinental missiles. If they did, hoo-boy, the US would be cowering in a corner.

That is likely a true statement but I don't think fright brought the US to the table, I think the prospects of stabilizing that section of the world is what did it. Think about how much $ there would be to make if we could start selling them heavy machinery, airplanes, ships, F-35s. :)

I would have been thankful that Obama at least talked to the guy but he had other things to do like bring socialized medicine to all, corner the student loan business, send huge stockpiles of cash to Iran, send guns to ol Mexico and generate high levels of animosity towards our police officers. I sure miss all that

More whataboutisms....such the ***** move....but hey, you take on the attributes of your president and constantly deflect....

Boy....this isn't about whataboutism, it's about what we intellectuals call "selective outrage." You have no problem when Obama or Hillary or Bill or any Democrat dances with foreign despots. But your panties get all knotted when a Republican does so. When Obama holds a foreign state dinner for the Chinese President, quite literally rolls out the red carpet, despite the crimes against humanity he has committed, you and the MSM call Obama "enlightened." When Trump brings a nuclear despot to the table to talk denuclearization, he's evil.

Let's call it what it is. Selective outrage. You would rather Kim have nukes and threaten to use them or use them than have Donald J. Trump be responsible for solving the problem.

Trump said he wanted denuclearization..complete and total denuclearization.

Correct. The same exact goal Bill Clinton had in the 90s when he made a deal with North Korea, that sadly was eventually all for naught, but that Bill was lauded for around the globe.

He spoke the language of N Korea and conceded military drills in the process

Correct, which could be restarted in less than 5 or 10 minutes if Kim rolls back on his commit.

Yawn.

and now hes talking total withdrawal of troops from S Korea.

If you think that will happen before the US has validated 100% denuclearization, I've not given your lack of knowledge enough credit.

Do you remember what happened to Quadafi years ago when he stepped to the table?

What did WE get out of it ? Anything ? N Korea verbally committed to deals in the past to cease progression to nuclearization. How did that work out ? Oh but somehow, Trump will strike fear into KJU, right ? Riiiiiiight.....

Stop kidding yourselves....we KNOW how this is gonna end. N Korea will retain its nukes.

Shaking my head at the lack of historical and negotiation knowledge here. This was a summit angry man. A Summit.

Remember Gorbachev and Reagan? Know how many summits they had? FOUR.

And when Reagan got Gorbachev to visit the White House, it was a coup unlike any the world had seen in some time.

Two of the summits were merely photo ops.

Do you REALLY think this "summit" was the end of anything? It was a damned beginning.

And Donald J Trump has gotten Kim out of his country...not once, but TWICE. Something the Bushes couldn't do, something the Savior and FBP couldn't do (he was too busy kissing the feet of our world enemies and lining their pockets). Trump got Kim to a table. To talk.

Funny...months ago when Trump was using harsh language, you Liberals were screaming and yelling that Trump was going to get us into WWIII. That he was too angry, that we needed diplomacy. Now, he's gotten Kim to a neutral site, they have dined together, taken photos together, and negotiated. Truly diplomatic. Step one of others to come. And now he's wrong again...for using diplomacy! Oh the irony!

What this proves is that you and the lot of you Liberals don't give one rats *** about any positive outcome.

You hate Trump.

And it's utterly, transparently comical.

I really hope the media keeps bashing this deal. It will only further cement in people's minds that they are now active propagandists and not news organizations.

Non-partisans will view this as a good thing. When they see people telling them it's bad, it will ring false with them and that may be the first step in questioning what they're being told by media.

There is no rational person who can see a negative in this. The US has given nothing. Maybe NK will back out, but even if that happens, it's a huge deal that he got them talking. It's a big first step.

Let's compare. Trump gets NK to agree to dismantle nukes and what do we give them? We agree not to do some naval drills with South Korea.

Obama goes to Iran and gives them billions in cash and lifts sanctions so long as they promise not to make nukes.

The same people whining that Trump didn't get a guarantee from NK are the same that were just dandy with Iran doing a pinky swear, and us giving them a literal shipload of cash.

LOL, that's what you got from that quote? Simply stating that it could happen? Good grief, the contortions needed to not see that as cheering for failure is astounding. He might as well have a cheer skirt and pom poms he's rooting so hard. **** him and **** all his ilk. And any Republican who thinks that way....**** them too.

Good grief, what is the longest period of time the U.S. has gone without a recession? It’s cyclical and this period of expansion that started under Obama is now approaching a decade. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Then why the unnecessary release of the hostages? No need for goodwill gestures if he has us on the ropes.

CNN blamed us for missile launches over Japan, "Stop the war exercises" "Stop intimidating them" Stop inciting them"....

I remember all the South Korean war protesters the last time we held the exercises - "Down with USA, Make peace not war!!!!"

0728-ONORTHK-South-Korea-US-Military.jpg

37756611_303.jpg

Where are they now?

I read your initial post as the South Korean Government wanted an end to the exercises. Protesters can protest all day long. Until it is an official government position it means about as much as the ******** screaming helplessly at the sky because Donald Trump was elected President.

Then why the unnecessary release of the hostages? No need for goodwill gestures if he has us on the ropes.

I didn't say it. Canadian talk radio suggested it. I realize we have more nukes, a better military blah blah. I was just stating that for Kim to be thinking that isn't beyond any stretch of the imagination. Whether it is true or not is immaterial. Wouldn't be surprised to see that on their state run media before long.

Good grief, what is the longest period of time the U.S. has gone without a recession? It’s cyclical and this period of expansion that started under Obama is now approaching a decade. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Maher did NOT say that the US economy is cyclical, so a recession will occur at some point. He actually said, “I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point," Maher said. "By the way, I'm hoping for it because one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy. So please, bring on the recession." "Sorry if that hurts people but it's either root for a recession or you lose your democracy," Maher added.

He is ROOTING FOR A RECESSION. So stop pretending Maher said something else.

Trump did an amazing job.

Four points of the Trump-Kim Declaration:

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establishing new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

When reporters asked if Kim was prepared to denuclearize, Trump said that they would be “starting that process very quickly.”

This isn't Iran. Iran signed NOTHING, and we gave them billions. Obama didn't even meet face to face with their leader, did he? Nope

No money is changing hands here, North Korea released prisoners without a plane full of cash.

Good work Mr. President.

Trump did an amazing job.

Four points of the Trump-Kim Declaration:

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establishing new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

When reporters asked if Kim was prepared to denuclearize, Trump said that they would be “starting that process very quickly.”

This isn't Iran. Iran signed NOTHING, and we gave them billions. Obama didn't even meet face to face with their leader, did he? Nope

No money is changing hands here, North Korea released prisoners without a plane full of cash.

Good work Mr. President.

And if the Norks don't live up to their end, Trump won't put up with it like Bammy and Clinton did.

Governor of Guam: Trump ‘Will End Years of Instability’ in Korea, Pacific Region

“The agreement between North Korea’s Kim Jong-un and President Trump, while being touted as an action with global implications, will end years of instability in Korea and the Pacific region”

“The people of Guam know war,” Calvo said in the statement. “Our people – thousands upon thousands of civilians – suffered and died during World War II.” “We’ve experienced war,” Governor Calvo said. “In 2013 and again last year, we were the target of missile threats. Today, the promise of peace in the region draws closer, and we can breathe easier.”

In the statement post, Calvo said Trump called in 2013 to reassure him that the United States would step in to defend Guam if North Korea attacked the island.

“This agreement paves the way for peace between the U.S. and North Korea and moves us toward the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula,” Calvo stated.

“The Territory of Guam is thankful to our President and his stance on peace through strength policy which elevated peace within the Asia Pacific region — this is something we truly are grateful for.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...years-of-instability-in-korea-pacific-region/

I really hope the media keeps bashing this deal. It will only further cement in people's minds that they are now active propagandists and not news organizations.

35206735_2138659576410467_7715523660496240640_n.jpg

Keep talking about petty **** like this MSM, it's only going to hurt the left's chances in the mid-terms and in 2020.

BOOM!

ha ha - heads asplodin' alert!

Norwegian Lawmakers Nominate Trump For Nobel Peace Prize

Two Norwegian lawmakers representing the populist party in the country’s legislature have nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The lawmakers told their local media that Trump has “taken a huge and important step in the direction of the disarmament, peace and reconciliation between North and South Korea.”

The nomination comes after Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway took a swipe at former President Barack Obama’s own Nobel Peace Prize saying “look, the last president was handed Nobel Peace Prize. This president is actually going to earn it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/13/nominate-trump-nobel-peace-prize/

5b1fab951ae66220008b4f38-750-375.jpg

BOOM!

ha ha - heads asplodin' alert!

Norwegian Lawmakers Nominate Trump For Nobel Peace Prize

If they REALLY wanted to put lefties into conniptions - yes, yes, easy to do, I know - they should recommend that Bammy's Peace Prize and money for such award be taken from him and given to Trump.

You want to see this??????

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

MAKE IT SO!!!