• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump comments about CNN and "fake news"

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have not heard, Trump singled out and targeted CNN as a source of "fake news" - and he is demonstrably correct. In particular, the idiots at CNN and elsewhere fell for a completely bogus story about Trump being recruited by the Russians for five years and paying Moscow prostitutes to piss on a bed where Obama and wife slept. CNN ran the following story about the phony allegations:

(CNN) — Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

CNN makes it sound like the allegations are substantive, came from a "former British intelligence operative," and are being investigated.

Bullshit. The entire story and all "supporting" documents are fiction.

The document also makes specific claims about contacts between people working for Trump and Russian officials. It alleges that Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, was central to “the ongoing secret liaison relationship between the New York tycoon’s campaign and the Russian leadership,” and that he met secretly with Kremlin officials in Prague in August 2016.

Reached by telephone on Tuesday night, Cohen denied the dossier’s allegations. The story is “totally fake, totally inaccurate,” Cohen said.

“I’m telling you emphatically that I’ve not been to Prague, I’ve never been to Czech [Republic], I’ve not been to Russia,” Cohen said. “The story is completely inaccurate, it is fake news meant to malign Mr. Trump.”

Cohen said that during the time the report places him in Prague, he was actually with his son visiting USC and meeting with the baseball coach. A USC baseball source confirmed Tuesday night that Cohen and his son had visited USC on August 29th. Cohen said that he was in Los Angeles from the 23rd through the 29th of August, and that the rest of the month he was in New York. He said that his only trip to an EU country over the summer had been a vacation to Italy in July. In one instance, the dossier places the alleged Prague travel in "August/September 2016." Cohen said he was in New York for the entire month of September.

Cohen also tweeted a photo of his passport: “I have never been to Prague in my life. #fakenews.” Trump retweeted Cohen’s tweet.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...is-fake-news-meant-to-malign-mr-trump/512762/

So CNN, which is supposedly a legitimate news source, published phony, made-up, demonstrably false allegations stemming from an anonymous source citing other anonymous sources, where not one allegation can be backed up and numerous factual claims can be proven false.

CNN, New York Times and all of their commie ilk have been lying about Trump for a year and a half, but this one takes the cake.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-11-at-1.14.15-PM.png

:pop2:

CNN, New York Times and all of their commie ilk have been lying about Trump for a year and a half, but this one takes the cake.

Any "news source" which published this as actual news should immediately be deemed "fake news."

After CNN ran its clearly false story, the NYT published an article stating:

WASHINGTON — The chiefs of America’s intelligence agencies last week presented President Obama and President-elect Donald J. Trump with a summary of unsubstantiated reports that Russia had collected compromising and salacious personal information about Mr. Trump, two officials with knowledge of the briefing said. The summary is based on memos generated by political operatives seeking to derail Mr. Trump’s candidacy. Details of the reports began circulating in the fall and were widely known among journalists and politicians in Washington.

The two-page summary, first reported by CNN, was presented as an appendix to the intelligence agencies’ report on Russian hacking efforts during the election, the officials said. The material was not corroborated, and The New York Times has not been able to confirm the claims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html

I think the Time's report is accurate, though it leaves out one fact that is also uncorroborated at this point: the allegation that a blog literally "made up" the entire story and prepared phony documents to support the claims.

Jesus, you get that this is fake news, right?

Pretty easy to offer a reward for something that does not exist.

"I hereby offer a reward of $1 million for a video of Obama actually working in the private sector."

Jesus, you get that this is fake news, right?

Pretty easy to offer a reward for something that does not exist.

"I hereby offer a reward of $1 million for a video of Obama actually working in the private sector."

Penthouse probably doesn't have $1 million either.

You know we are already talking about this

http://www.steelernation.com/showth...nference-Ever!-Trump-to-CNN-You-Are-Fake-News!

http://www.steelernation.com/showthread.php?9811-The-official-President-Donald-J-Trump-Thread/page25

It's Official: CNN - FAKE NEWS ORGANIZATION

after the presser - CNN reporter was begging him to take a question from CNN and Trump just says “CNN is fake news”

hahahah, ******* awesome!

there won't be a CNN in 4 years!

“They’re dishonest, right here in the front row”

“YOU ARE FAKE NEWS"

right to their ******* faces!

the allegation that a blog literally "made up" the entire story and prepared phony documents to support the claims.

http://www.steelernation.com/showthread.php?9811-The-official-President-Donald-J-Trump-Thread/page24

1484104854347.png

----------------------

Buzzfeed’s Trump report takes ‘fake news’ to a new level

So the website BuzzFeed decided to publish a series of memos that have been floating around for months alleging all kinds of terrible things about Donald Trump.

Some of those terrible allegations have to do with efforts to influence the American elections and Trump. Some of them have to do with Trump’s personal sexual conduct.

Readers of this newspaper know well not to include me among Trump’s supporters. But the scurrilousness of what BuzzFeed has done here is so beyond the bounds of what is even remotely acceptable it should compel even those most outraged by Trump’s political excesses to come to his defense and to the defense of a few other people mentioned in these papers whose names are also dragged through the mud.

There is literally no evidence on offer in these memos or from BuzzFeed that any single sentence in these documents is factual or true. What’s more, we know most major news organizations in America had seen them and despite their well-known institutional antipathy toward Trump, had chosen not to publish them or even make reference to them after efforts to substantiate their charges had failed.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/10/buzzfee...o-a-new-level/

------------------

BREAKING: MSNBC report demolishes the Trump/Russia story

NBC: Intel Officials Used Trump-Russia Memo as Example of ‘Unvetted Disinformation’

It’s really starting to look like the Trump/Russia blackmail story will go down in history as a high point in the annals of fake news.

Every hour, we learn something new that derails the narrative the media so desperately wanted to believe.

Buzzfeed, which President Elect Trump called a “failing pile of garbage” during today’s press conference is now the “fake news” poster child.

LAURIE011117-2L.jpg

http://www.mediaite.com/election-20...a-memo-as-example-of-unvetted-disinformation/

The problem with liberals is they all sit in their Ivory Towers thinking "their" news sources like CNN, MSNBC and CBS were all legit while FOX, Breitbart and anything that played the other side was corrupt as ****.

They are shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out they have been played by the same type of false news and pandering that the right wing has.

How is it that right-wing people are the only ones surprised? Because we've known about fake news for ages. We know everything FOX and Brietbart tell us isn't 100% true. We know it's meant to just make us think about other possibilities to the growing wave of "expert opinions" as fact. We understand we are being riled up on purpose (and sometimes very sarcastically).

The liberals are still in the dark this has all been happening to them for the last decade.....

The problem with liberals is they all sit in their Ivory Towers thinking "their" news sources like CNN, MSNBC and CBS were all legit while FOX, Breitbart and anything that played the other side was corrupt as ****.

They are shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out they have been played by the same type of false news and pandering that the right wing has.

How is it that right-wing people are the only ones surprised? Because we've known about fake news for ages. We know everything FOX and Brietbart tell us isn't 100% true. We know it's meant to just make us think about other possibilities to the growing wave of "expert opinions" as fact. We understand we are being riled up on purpose (and sometimes very sarcastically).

The liberals are still in the dark this has all been happening to them for the last decade.....

Well said. I like Trump's stance on getting the truth