• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump dismisses criticism of P. Rico response as ‘fake news,’spends day watching golf

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Trump said people who are critical of his response to Puerto Rico are 'ingrates.'

They should be glad they were brought here and forced to build the country instead of living in Africa........Oh wait, wrong thread. Doesn't matter it's just more brown people anyway, right CONservatives?

ap_17274715352080.jpg

Puerto Rico, an American territory with over 3 million people, is still reeling from the impact of Hurricane Maria.

As of Sunday, just 5 percent of the island has electrical power and only 14 percent of the nation’s cell phone towers are working. Large swaths of the island still lack drinking water. Most roadways are in shambles.

None of that, apparently, has convinced President Trump to change his plans. On Sunday afternoon, he took Marine One from his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey to another golf course in New Jersey. He’s there to watch The President’s Cup, a team competition between the best players in the United States and the world (excluding Europe).

On Saturday, after the Mayor of San Juan criticized the pace of the response, Trump attacked the people of Puerto Rico as lazy and ungrateful. “They want everything to be done for them,” Trump said in a series of angry tweets.

Trump insisted that any concerns regarding Puerto Rico were the result of “Fake News” and “ingrates.” He especially bragged that “all buildings” had now been inspected.

The Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo A. Rosselló, had basically no idea what Trump was talking about. “I’m not aware of such inspection. Of course, there are areas of Puerto Rico which we haven’t really gotten in contact. Perhaps he was referring to a particular set of buildings. I’m not sure,” Rosselló said.

The Washington Post detailed that Trump, holed up in his New Jersey golf course and distracted with the failure of Obamacare repeals and his escalating conflict with the NFL, failed to focus on Puerto Rico in the critical days after the Hurricane.

https://thinkprogress.org/amid-cris...rsey-to-watch-a-golf-tournament-0233f210f8f1/

Puerto Rico - 100% Democrat with 65% of the country government employed.

Pallets of supplies stacked to the rafters, and union truck drivers won't show up to work to distribute them

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

Trump does everything to make sure FEMA is there before the hurricane hits. Everything that can be done has been done. The delays are due to the country being in ruin. That's doing nothing to liberals.

Showing up for a photo op, that's doing something.

Sent a ton of assets and supplies already. What do you want him to do now show up and had them out?

Ports are full to where ships are sitting off shore waiting to unload. No drivers to move the stuff, plus a lot of the roads are just ******. Need to get the Army with helicopters in there to move this stuff. There has to be a way.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/09/30/san-juan-mayor-television-not-fema/

The mayor of a Puerto Rican city that sits next to San Juan praised the administration’s help Saturday night, and chided the “politics” of San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has been criticizing President Trump.

In an interview with Secrets, Guaynabo Mayor Angel Perez Otero said that in several meetings with FEMA and U.S. military officials about the recovery effort, Yulin Cruz has been absent. “I’ve seen other mayors participating. She’s not,” said Perez Otero.

Despite days of praise for the government’s effort from Puerto Rico’s governor, Yulin Cruz has become the new face of the island in the media with her sharp criticism of the administration’s efforts.

Asked if he has seen similar shortfalls and non-communication from the administration, Perez Otero said “that’s not been my experience.” He added, “There is a lot of politics in Puerto Rico.”

Perez Otero added that the San Juan mayor “is my friend.” His municipality sits just west of San Juan. Together, they make up most of the San Juan metropolitan area.

Perez Otero said that he has been in constant contact with military, FEMA and White House officials and has been promised that “they won’t leave until Puerto Rico is good.” He added that a top Trump aide quoted the president saying that the aid so far “is not enough. There is going to be more.”

they have electricity at the t-shirt plant where she makes her tshirts.

san-juan-mayor.jpg

Ports are full to where ships are sitting off shore waiting to unload. No drivers to move the stuff, plus a lot of the roads are just ******. Need to get the Army with helicopters in there to move this stuff. There has to be a way.

They have drivers but the Teamsters are refusing to work under FEMA's direction.

I hear she won't even go to the daily FEMA briefings.

All posts in defense of Trump....WHAT A SURPRISE! Meanwhile the response could have been quicker, union truck drivers, boats backed up, are just excuses and lies. The very first thing the Moron in Chief could have done was lift the Jones Act, but he wouldn't.The funny thing is he lifted it for Florida and Texas WHICH ARE BOTH ACCESSIBLE OVER LAND...and the thing about Trump is he will tell you exactly why he did it.

It's because some of his buddies in shipping to profit from this.

Truly a despicable human being. Remember kids if it's black people exercising their 1st amendment rights they are SOB's. If it's brown people exclusively suffering from disaster...time to profit.

A truly POS president who deserves absolutely no respect from any decent American.

All posts in defense of Trump....WHAT A SURPRISE! Meanwhile the response could have been quicker, union truck drivers, boats backed up, are just excuses and lies. The very first thing the Moron in Chief could have done was lift the Jones Act, but he wouldn't.The funny thing is he lifted it for Florida and Texas WHICH ARE BOTH ACCESSIBLE OVER LAND...and the thing about Trump is he will tell you exactly why he did it.

It's because some of his buddies in shipping to profit from this.

Truly a despicable human being. Remember kids if it's black people exercising their 1st amendment rights they are SOB's. If it's brown people exclusively suffering from disaster...time to profit.

A truly POS president who deserves absolutely no respect from any decent American.

how ******* dense are you?
the truckers won't cooperate with fema.
roads need to be cleared. work done and you have a goddamn mayor saying Trump isnt doing anything.

I dont recall people in Houston saying Trump didnt do anything.

roads need to be cleared. work done and you have a goddamn mayor saying Trump isnt doing anything.

and other Mayors saying Trump and the federal government are doing a good job...saying that the San Juan mayor doesn't even attend daily FEMA briefings....seems some skirt just wants to get her name in the press....

and Houston didn't wait for FEMA or anyone else....private citizens and some local business' really got **** done when necessary.....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timot...-great-san-juans-mayor-has-been-awol-n2389031

The Washington Examiner reported earlier today that the mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico criticized neighboring San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz for "playing politics" after Hurricane Maria. He also praised President Trump for his hurricane recovery coordination efforts.

Guaynabo Mayor Angel Perez Otero says that Mayor Yulin Cruz has been a no show at coordination meetings between FEMA, U.S. military officials, and Puerto Rican leaders.

"I've seen other mayors participating. She's not," said Perez Otero.
Perez Otero says he has been in constant contact with U.S. officials and is confident that they will provide the very best recovery efforts they can.

Last edited:
I mean its great propaganda to push the trump is racist vs hispanics card, right?
Its pretty obvious trolling through the broader story that the mayor is politically grandstanding, but in the floods last year wasn't Trump doing simular photo-ops with bitching about the former admin?

I mean its bunk but fair game in our crooked political atmosphere

I mean its great propaganda to push the trump is racist vs hispanics card, right?
Its pretty obvious trolling through the broader story that the mayor is politically grandstanding, but in the floods last year wasn't Trump doing simular photo-ops with bitching about the former admin?

I mean its bunk but fair game in our crooked political atmosphere

Trump was saying FEMA wasnt doing enough. So he (allegedly) took a semi filled with supplies there.
that's quite a bit of difference in bitching about not getting help, not doing it yourself, but printing up t-shirts and whining to every MSM camera stuck in your face.

Interesting that the mayor of San Juan has a New York accent and not a Latino one.

Nowhere near as dense as you are a well documented jackass. Do we not have a Navy? An Army? All available assets should have. immediately been diverted....but they weren't because someone saw dollars to be made at the expense of non whites.

Now he lifts the Jones act after some advice centered around the political **** storm that would be descending on Trump once people started dying was given.

Thank God not every person inside this joke of an administration is an incompetent putz. Even if it's politically motivated.

I don't think our military is allowed on Puerto Rico. Don't quote me on that, but it seems I heard that somewhere.

Nevermind. Got my lines crossed there.

I am surfing the web today, and I keep seeing all these stories about how Puerto Rico still has only about 5% power, 10% cell service, etc. Here is the problem. The infrastructure there was **** to begin with, before any hurricanes. They have power outages on the regular. Their electrical grid is 1940's technology. Their entire electrical grid is going to have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. Started from scratch. Same with many of their utilities, as they aren't much better. It is going to take a long time to rebuild. It isn't like West Penn Power can just reattach a couple of downed wires and everything will be hunky dory. Their entire electrical infrastructure has to be rebuilt, unless they want to see this same thing next time around.

Puerto Rico - 100% Democrat with 65% of the country government employed.

Pallets of supplies stacked to the rafters, and union truck drivers won't show up to work to distribute them

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

Something else. I know the Mayor of San Juan is upset, and I have an answer for her. She should rally the political establishment in PR and push for independence. I am sure she would have all of PR's woes all wrapped up in a couple of days, if she could only handle it herself. I say let her give it a try.