• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

Spike

Reaction score
From the earliest days of his campaign, Donald J. Trump made keeping manufacturing jobs in the United States his signature economic issue, and the decision by Carrier, the big air-conditioner company, to move 2,000 of them from Indiana to Mexico was a tailor-made talking point for him on the stump.

On Thursday, Mr. Trump and Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor and the vice-president elect, plan to appear at Carrier’s Indianapolis plant to announce they’ve struck a deal with the company to keep a majority of the jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.

In exchange for keeping the factory running in Indianapolis, Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence are expected to reiterate their campaign pledges to be friendlier to business by easing regulations and overhauling the corporate tax code.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/business/trump-to-announce-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html

-------------------------------

Carrier ‏@Carrier
We are pleased to have reached a deal with President-elect Trump & VP-elect Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indy.

Trump has done more for this country in a couple weeks as President Elect than Obama has done in 8 years!

While I am happy with this start, I am compelled to point out the fine print.

From the earliest days of his campaign, Donald J. Trump made keeping manufacturing jobs in the United States his signature economic issue, and the decision by Carrier, the big air-conditioner company, to move 2,000 of them from Indiana to Mexico was a tailor-made talking point for him on the stump....

Carrier ‏@Carrier
We are pleased to have reached a deal with President-elect Trump & VP-elect Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indy.

Wig,

Apple who has more cash on hand than the USA government is in serious talks to bring manufacturing plants here.

To steal words from Trump that would be HUGE.

I'm a bit surprised you don't see some Democratic pro-union politics in Trump. He's more for the USA worker than ANY president in my lifetime.

By giving the breadwinner a solid 40-50K a year type job, you're helping his or her family, and making America Great Again.

50K a year puts me in the poor house, but in some areas of WI, MI, PA, or OH, you can live rather well on it.

I said I was happy with the start.

I merely pointed out less than half the proposed cuts were actually averted. It's not a complete win. Merely a stop gap. However it's better than nothing and as somebody else pointed out, there are almost 1000 people in Indiana who see it as a pretty big deal.

If Hillary was the ****-Elect she wouldn't care about which companies stayed or left. Cuz, commie-globalism

****, dammit, I said ****! Kunt!

Sure, it's probably a small number in the grand scheme of things, but it likely starts a wave for many other companies to follow suit. Now the incentives the companies get and other "fine print", that's something to consider as well. But this is a pretty big win for the American Worker and what's to come for them. And let's put this in perspective, he hasn't even been inaugurated yet and we're seeing this/Ford and some very timely cabinet positions being filled. Pretty hard-working guy it sure looks.

And now the media jumps in, noses stuck in the air trying to sniff this away

Why don't they go hop on their high horses and go knock on the doors of those 1000 families and tell them it doesn't matter

Trump's Carrier deal draws hugely divided reactions

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/30/media/carrier-deal-media-divide-on-donald-trump/

Yep. Was gonna post that I saw on the Early Today show a manipulated reaction. Found a black guy who didn't vote for Trump and was skeptical of the deal....he was more concerned about what it meant for his union than the fact that he gets to keep his job. Then they found a white guy with a family. Said he was grateful to keep his job and that his kids can have Christmas now.

Sneering media gets to choke on this

1201161324_zpsaf6exs2m.jpg

I guess Trump is really serious about getting the job done. To tell you the truthI was a little skeptical.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Flashback: That Time Obama Mocked Trump For Not Having a 'Magic Wand' to Keep Carrier Jobs in US

arrogant-obama.jpg

Obama: “He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And the answer is he doesn’t have an answer”

That picture should have an egg planted firmly on his face because that is exactly what's happening here.

Here's the audio. You can see Bomma struggling to come up with a coherent thought while calling Trump "vague".

If Obama brokered the Carrier deal, the right would only report on Obama paying $7Mil to Carrier as they ship over a thousand jobs to Mexico.

If Obama brokered the Carrier deal, the right would only report on Obama paying $7Mil to Carrier as they ship over a thousand jobs to Mexico.

Problem is, when actually asked about it, Obama didn't have a single answer for it or anything he would do. Only sarcastic remarks about what someone else wouldn't do. Whoops.

I guess Palin actually is an idiot. She's calling state tax incentives for Carrier and a heads up on what's coming in the new administration crony capitalism. Does she have any idea how much tax and regulatory relief states always have to give manufacturing enterprises to operate in their state? Carrier was offered incentives before and decided that in light of all the additional federal regulations and federal taxes, it still didn't make sense. I am speculating here, but what I think happened was that Donald was clear that he would be leveling the field through import taxes and reducing punitive regulations so that operating out of country would not be as advantageous when he is president, and the state incentives were probably about what they offered the first time. Sort of like exactly what we want to see.

I think the point Sarah Palin is making is that rather than giving incentives to one company we should do it for all of them. Making it easy to do business over all is what will bring jobs back. And she is correct picking just one company to get a break IS crony capitalism.

I am encouraged though that Trump is at least taking steps to get the economy moving again though.

I think the point Sarah Palin is making is that rather than giving incentives to one company we should do it for all of them. Making it easy to do business over all is what will bring jobs back. And she is correct picking just one company to get a break IS crony capitalism.

I am encouraged though that Trump is at least taking steps to get the economy moving again though.

Where I live Shell is embarking on the construction of a multi-billion dollar cracker plant. It won't produce more of us crackers, rather it will process the natural gas from nearby fracking into other products, mostly plastic. It is projected to create 6000 jobs for construction and 600 permanent jobs along with hundreds more spin-off jobs. Half the county is pissed off about the tax breaks they got but I bet the same people don't have a problem with Bomma bailing out General Motors and Chrysler with direct payments of taxpayer money.

Problem is, when actually asked about it, Obama didn't have a single answer for it or anything he would do. Only sarcastic remarks about what someone else wouldn't do. Whoops.

Whoops, I'm not left. I'm a constitutionalist and a critical thinker. With all the unfounded blame lumped upon Obama these last 8 years, why not throw a little more shade his way for old time sake?

Where I live Shell is embarking on the construction of a multi-billion dollar cracker plant. It won't produce more of us crackers, rather it will process the natural gas from nearby fracking into other products, mostly plastic. It is projected to create 6000 jobs for construction and 600 permanent jobs along with hundreds more spin-off jobs. Half the county is pissed off about the tax breaks they got but I bet the same people don't have a problem with Bomma bailing out General Motors and Chrysler with direct payments of taxpayer money.

Right, and conversely, I bet a lot of people who had a problem with TARP think Trump's Carrier deal is just great. They're essentially the same thing.