• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump to shine in the 2nd debate?

Being a two-term president of the United States, saving the nation from financial collapse - among many other accomplishments - has probably been the toughest job on the planet. But to you, he's still a "community organizer that never held a real job" LOL

LOL financial collapse? What a bunch of ****. Bush poured money into the system before Obama ever saw the WH. Then he wasted over a TRILLION on pet projects that didn't do ****. Remember the "They weren't as shovel ready as I thought"? Yea, he said that. He wasted money on Solyndra, unions and a million more **** projects.

When has the middle east not been in flames? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? But yes, I agree, he hasn't moved the needle forward in the ME, joining a loooong line of presidents that came before him.

Yea, so the ME isn't important? You weren't bitching about Bush's foreign policy issues in Iraq? I understand you'll defend anything BHO but at least try to pretend to be a little smarter than this. Look at the difference between now and when he took office. Before= Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq et el were all stable and we only had a few pockets of fighting. Now the largest amount of refugees in the history of the world is pouring into Europe, Syria is in a war with ISIS, Libya is in flames, and Iraq is a clusterfuck. Hell BHO and Biden said themselves that Iraq was doing great and that they were leaving it in good hands and stable. What a bunch of ****.

Also you call 19 TRILLIONS weak sauce because you can't defend it. Also you either don't know the difference between the national debt and yearly budgets or you think I don't. Well I can assure you I know. The national debt hasn't been touched. It goes up every single year. You are talking about the yearly deficit which is still going on the credit card. They are still borrowing money just not as much. And the reason for that isn't because of Obama. He wanted to spend more money. The reason it is going down is because of that pesky sequestration that he didn't want. All that bitching he did about people starving in the streets didn't come to fruition. Now he wants credit for it? Bull ****.

CNN is CLEARLY working to turn the candidates on each other

3 questions to 3 wannabes — topic: Trump.

Attacking Trump all night is certain to make him go up in the polls.

CNN totally shutting Trump out, now.

Like he’s not there.

Good debate now, though.

Best so far = Cruz, I think.

Carly knocks it outta the park on Planned Parenthood

The moderator is getting steamrolled.......

no debate tickets were made available to the general public....all GOPe operatives

All Jeb now - imma conservative imma conservative imma conservative - amnesty - imma conservative imma conservative

CNN definitely better than Fox. Moderation was pretty transparent, as it should be. Problem is, there are TOO MANY PEOPLE ON STAGE.

Cut it down to 6 so we can really get down to things.

The CNN moderators have very poor control over this debate. Terrible. THey are trying to make all these candidates look bad.

The CNN moderators have very poor control over this debate. Terrible. THey are trying to make all these candidates look bad.
Too many candidates. They should have limited it to 8.

Rubio, Fiorina, Christie doing well. Paul too in his rare moments.

Yeah, Trump shone if by shining you mean he was really sweaty. Nothing that indicates he has any specific knowledge of anything. Jeb has no chance of ever being elected for anything again. Carly wiped the floor with him on the face comment, and I can't believe no one advised him not to complement her on her looks. So drippingly condescending.

My favorite part of the debate...when Trump claimed he knows people whose babies caught autism a week after getting a vaccine.

Hmm, I'm looking real hard for all the Trump glory posts following last night's debate. He must have just killed it, I'm assuming, based on all the pro-Trump hype leading up to the event. I'll check back later. Surely we'll have plenty of bragging, chest-thumping and overall exuberance from Trump supporters, right?

Yeah, Trump shone if by shining you mean he was really sweaty. Nothing that indicates he has any specific knowledge of anything. Jeb has no chance of ever being elected for anything again. Carly wiped the floor with him on the face comment, and I can't believe no one advised him not to complement her on her looks. So drippingly condescending.

trumpfaces.gif

I have to agree with this assessment. I also thought Ben Carson had his moments, as well. Kasich and Huckabee have little chance.

I didn't watch any of it. I was watching the MasterChef season finale. From the sound of it, I am glad I skipped it. Kiddo and I agree we won't watch until the field gets narrowed down considerably.

"If you want boots on the ground, and you want them to be our sons and daughters, you got 14 other choices. There will always be a Bush or Clinton for you, if you want to go back to war in Iraq." - Rand Paul

He's got my vote even if I need to write it in.

"If you want boots on the ground, and you want them to be our sons and daughters, you got 14 other choices. There will always be a Bush or Clinton for you, if you want to go back to war in Iraq." - Rand Paul

He's got my vote even if I need to write it in.

Why bother? That's a waste of time and it won't even count. Rand is a putz.

I thought Carly did well. Christy, Cruz and Rubio were pretty good. Jeb is a tool. They say that 44% of the debate was spent on attacking Trump. He wasn't great, but holy ****, if any one else had to fend off what he did they would have been reduced to puddle of tears, piss and vomit. I expect butterface to go up a lot, Carson to drop, and maybe a slight bump for Cruz and Rubio. Trump should stay on top. The next debate should be the top 5 only.

Based on what? Wanting to actually cut spending and end our state of perpetual war? He is the only person on that stage with an actual track record of voting to end things like NDAA, Domestic spying and voting to fix the money supply and audit the FED.

Based on what? Wanting to actually cut spending and end our state of perpetual war? He is the only person on that stage with an actual track record of voting to end things like NDAA, Domestic spying and voting to fix the money supply and audit the FED.

Based on him having no shot at getting the nomination. I suppose something might happen in the next few months to boost him, but it's doubtful. He looks like an angry little imp, not a president. I love his flat tax though.

I'm in NJ a vote for any Republican "won't even count". What policies of Rand's don't you like?

I'm not against any of them really. He has no personality, no charisma. And unfortunately no support. Or very little. As Trump said, he's a one-percenter.

Drudge poll of who won the debate...

Thank you for voting!

TRUMP 54.54% (307,918 votes)

FIORINA 20% (112,923 votes)

RUBIO 6.08% (34,345 votes)

CRUZ 5.83% (32,902 votes)

PAUL 4.28% (24,154 votes)

CARSON 4.18% (23,621 votes)

CHRISTIE 1.31% (7,418 votes)

BUSH 1.22% (6,864 votes)

KASICH 1.2% (6,761 votes)

WALKER 0.76% (4,267 votes)

HUCKABEE 0.6% (3,367 votes)

Total Votes: 564,540

This is why we fail as a country now and are not great like we once were.
We have become subservient chimps that just whine and complain about the state of things rather than doing something to change the status quo.

I voted for Chuck Baldwin in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012.
My votes were not wasted because they were educated decisions I came to.
Keep playing the reindeer games and believing that you only have two choices.
Insanity - Doing the same stupid thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Kudos to you, EdReed4Pres!
While I believe Rand is the "fastest fat kid", he'd still ultimately be controlled by his party......like he is now ( see changing his opinion of McConnell and cozy-ing up to him and playing politics with him ) and thus be another puppet.
This "nut" fell far from the tree.
But THANK YOU for being an island of reality in an ocean of diarrhea.