• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump vs DeSantis

I wander how many of them are liking that "student debt forgiveness" they voted for? :LOL:
Republicans' fault. Just have to redouble efforts to elect Democrats so they get their free ****.

Trump alienates anyone who disagrees w/ him or seems to threaten his power. Obviously dems hate him and a lot of repubs hate him. He is very dividing in general. If you were a McCain or Bush friend / family who hated Biden would you still be able to vote for Trump? If I was in that situation I certainly wouldnt pull the lever for Trump just based on principles. Its one thing to attack policies, but the personal attacks are just very childish and show lack of self control. DeSantis will gain back the repubs that Trump alienated and still be able to stand up to the dems / media. Repubs need to heavily push the mail in voting. If we can even gain a couple % there things would look vastly different currently.

Trump alienates anyone who disagrees w/ him or seems to threaten his power. Obviously dems hate him and a lot of repubs hate him. He is very dividing in general. If you were a McCain or Bush friend / family who hated Biden would you still be able to vote for Trump? If I was in that situation I certainly wouldnt pull the lever for Trump just based on principles. Its one thing to attack policies, but the personal attacks are just very childish and show lack of self control. DeSantis will gain back the repubs that Trump alienated and still be able to stand up to the dems / media. Repubs need to heavily push the mail in voting. If we can even gain a couple % there things would look vastly different currently.
If the GOP starts winning on mail-in voting, that will be the end of mail-in voting.

If the GOP starts winning on mail-in voting, that will be the end of mail-in voting.

Oh absolutely the end. Just like if all of these millions flooding in over the border started voting republican if allowed to vote.

The demoncrats would be mowing them down with machine guns, we'd have a massive wall and a minefield to keep them out. And if they did get in they'd ship them directly back.

It’s Trump’s world. You retarded haters just live in it. If Ron gets the nomination, awesome. I will happily and enthusiastically vote for him. But power-wise he’s 1/2 of Trump. If that.
Love DeSantis and his future will be bright. But this firestorm is just another swamp attempt at getting Trump outta the way. Wash, rinse ad nauseum. Why do they want him far away from power? Because dc is a club and you ain't in it. And neither are the American citizens, you and me.

Ron will be a bought and paid for yes-man for the K street butt bunch, a return to the glory years for the uniparty. Eff that.

Love DeSantis and his future will be bright. But this firestorm is just another swamp attempt at getting Trump outta the way. Wash, rinse ad nauseum. Why do they want him far away from power? Because dc is a club and you ain't in it. And neither are the American citizens, you and me.

Ron will be a bought and paid for yes-man for the K street butt bunch, a return to the glory years for the uniparty. Eff that.

You couldn't be more wrong about DeSantis. Trumps time is done. All he will do now is hurt the party. They will absolutely not let him win the presidency again. Just isn't going to happen. The large scale mass mail on voting states will make sure of it.

You couldn't be more wrong about DeSantis. Trumps time is done. All he will do now is hurt the party. They will absolutely not let him win the presidency again. Just isn't going to happen. The large scale mass mail on voting states will make sure of it.
I sincerely hope I am wrong here. He's done great things for our state and I'm certain he'll continue this great path. My concern is the billions necessary to run a national election. Collecting that kind of money comes with a cost and imo Rep leadership and their lobbyists have proven time and again that their agenda is not ours and that we'll be right back to where we were pre-MAGA, losing elections because we never get united behind a collective agenda. The McCain and Romney pres elections are but two examples.

Heard a report can't remember where that he's already in talks with Rep leadership to be the standard bearer going forward which further drives a wedge in party messaging, and I personally am unwilling to get behind much of what we're being fed out of dc.

As to Trump, I kinda hope he doesn't announce tonight but rather says something towards uniting the party. If he does announce so be it, I refuse to dismiss his accomplishments on our behalf over these last 6 yrs and his 216-20 endorsements wins this election cycle says there are a lot of voters out there that willing to put up with his unfiltered bs if it rights the ship.

Wow. If this board is a microcosm of the sentiment that's out there, then Trump would be foolish to run if he truly cared about this country.

Wow. If this board is a microcosm of the sentiment that's out there, then Trump would be foolish to run if he truly cared about this country.
We are much smarter than the typical voters in this country as evidenced by the outcome of the last two elections. Certain posters excluded of course.

Here is where the Republicans went wrong in the midterms....and in general IMO. They relied to heavily on basically stating "look how bad the democrats have done with everything that they touched." The End. Had they had the common sense to state that here is where we are currently, and here is our detailed written plan and agenda on how we propose to fix the problems, they could have had their red wave. The problem with the Republican party is that they love to talk, but rarely get anything accomplished. All the talk after the 2016 election was how they were going after Hillary for having classified emails...where did that go, nowhere. Despite having the House and Senate majority. You cannot drain a swamp when the entire federal government IS the swamp. Nobody, nether R or D wants to talk about the budget deficit or the National debt. Nobody wants to address fiscal responsibility because it will cost them votes. It's just more of the same. 2/3 of the population are uninformed and uneducated voters...hence why we keep seeing the same results over and over again.

Here is where the Republicans went wrong in the midterms....and in general IMO. They relied to heavily on basically stating "look how bad the democrats have done with everything that they touched." The End. Had they had the common sense to state that here is where we are currently, and here is our detailed written plan and agenda on how we propose to fix the problems, they could have had their red wave. The problem with the Republican party is that they love to talk, but rarely get anything accomplished. All the talk after the 2016 election was how they were going after Hillary for having classified emails...where did that go, nowhere. Despite having the House and Senate majority. You cannot drain a swamp when the entire federal government IS the swamp. Nobody, nether R or D wants to talk about the budget deficit or the National debt. Nobody wants to address fiscal responsibility because it will cost them votes. It's just more of the same. 2/3 of the population are uninformed and uneducated voters...hence why we keep seeing the same results over and over again.
That only works with people who have IQs above 90 and attention spans longer than the attention span of a gnat. You have to distill things into easily digestible soundbites now.

Trump cares about Trump. He'll run. And if he can't win, he's gonna burn the whole house down.
The Dims and Mitch & Company have Trump defensive and divisive. The lack of RNC leadership is just stunning in its slumbering, staggering ineptitude.

You know, if the SC had just left Roe alone, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

DeSantis stood up to the establishment on vaccines, masks and shutdowns. He’s standing up to them on the medicalization and sexualization of children. Just because he doesn’t act like a schoolyard bully doesn’t mean he won’t be an effective advocate for the right issues. He’s much better able to articulate these arguments than Trump is.

The problem now is the vote will be split. If Trump loses in the primary he’ll never back the winner and bring his supporters along with him for the good of the party and the country. Because Trump is about Trump and his own ego more than anything else.

You know, if the SC had just left Roe alone, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
We wanted conservative justices who would adhere to the Constititution and that to me is the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s presidency. The benefits will far outweigh any drawbacks.

Here is where the Republicans are ALWAYS wrong - they don't support their candidates. The Democrats will drag the rotting corpse of their candidate across the finish line no matter what they do or say (Fetterman, Biden) but the Republicans - or at least their leadership - complain about "bad candidates" and then withdraw funding. The Mc brothers - McConnell and McCarthy - if reelected to their leadership positions, will continue this trend and continue to lose elections as a result.

DeSantis stood up to the establishment on vaccines, masks and shutdowns. He’s standing up to them on the medicalization and sexualization of children. Just because he doesn’t act like a schoolyard bully doesn’t mean he won’t be an effective advocate for the right issues. He’s much better able to articulate these arguments than Trump is.

The problem now is the vote will be split. If Trump loses in the primary he’ll never back the winner and bring his supporters along with him for the good of the party and the country. Because Trump is about Trump and his own ego more than anything else.
IF Trump is really about "MAGA" he would stop dividing the party and stop the division between he and DeSantis. I just don't see him being able to put aside his own ego long enough to let that happen. Trump against DeSantis in the primary will split the party and probably cost them the next election. If DeSantis can beat out Trump in the primary, he needs to think long and hard about his VP choice. If I were him, I would look to Condoleezza Rice, as you would help to pull the minority and female vote at the same time. She is well respected, has great experience, and would compliment his style.

Not their fault really. Someone brought a case that was worth hearing. They issued what IMO is the correct ruling based on the 10th Amendment.
Bad timing though.
The Dims successfully turned the midterms into a vote on abortion rights and the GOP didn't do a good job of countering with saying it's a state decision now.
Dims had the White House and majorities in Congress the last two years and could have attempted a national abortion bill and immigration reform if they wanted.

Not their fault really. Someone brought a case that was worth hearing. They issued what IMO is the correct ruling based on the 10th Amendment.
Bad timing though.
The Dims successfully turned the midterms into a vote on abortion rights and the GOP didn't do a good job of countering with saying it's a state decision now.
Dims had the White House and majorities in Congress the last two years and could have attempted a national abortion bill and immigration reform if they wanted.
.....of anything in this campaign, other than "Biden Bad". Essentially, the leadership was absent and apathetic because Trump.

The RNC felt and acted like it was better off not supporting Trump than supporting R candidates that Trump supported.

Its hard to blame Trump for the scorn he heaps upon R leadership.

BS

.....of anything in this campaign, other than "Biden Bad". Essentially, the leadership was absent and apathetic because Trump.

The RNC felt and acted like it was better off not supporting Trump than supporting R candidates that Trump supported.

Its hard to blame Trump for the scorn he heaps upon R leadership.
Mitch doesn't really want to be in charge. If he is then people expect him to get things done.