• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump vs DeSantis

Just for the record, Trumps not a Republican....I don't understand why people can't see him for what he is....I will never get over the fact that the first person he consulted with about running for president was Bill freaking Clinton. Just do a search for Trump and the Clintons and see what comes up.

I don't think the guy ever really wanted to "Make America Great Again" either.....I think it was just a publicity stunt that took off and got traction and landed his arrogant *** in the White House. If he would have just acted at least a little Presidential he would have won in a landslide in 20 that no amount of voter fraud would have overcome. But again his arrogant *** couldn't help himself.

And he is going to screw the Pubs over for the 3rd time around in 24 just watch and see.
Trump didn't screw anyone over in 20.

81 million votes.

Ballpark of 150% national voter turnout for registered voters.

Trump didn't screw anyone over in 20.

81 million votes.

Ballpark of 150% national voter turnout for registered voters.
Dead folks have rights too.

I didn't vote for Trump in the 2016 GOP primaries (R. Paul). Didn't vote for him in that year's general election (voted libertarian G. Johnson only because I knew TXs electoral votes would go to the GOP regardless). But I thank Trump for a couple of things. First, he didn't play politics and told it like it was. It was fresh, new, and a departure from the canned political talking points of the political class, R or D. It also launched a nationwide disease known as TDS amongst the elites/liberals/intellectuals who look down on the common man. Second, and the one that has had & will have an important long-lasting legacy, is his nomination of not one..., not two... but THREE SC Justices, of whom all have some degree of an originalist interpretation of the Constitution. We may never again see a POTUS with the opportunity to appoint that many Justices again.

But now, his schtick has grown tired, his bully tactics are no longer endearing (if they ever were), and thus he has become too toxic and divisive, and can only be seen as an impediment to a successful GOP run to the White House. And then there's still his legal battles that seemingly will never end. Who wants that hanging over your POTUS candidate?

Other than Trump & DeSantis (who's not a certainty to run at this time), what other names are being thrown around? I just hope it's just a few candidates with actual policy and executive experience. If you recall the 2016 GOP field and the primary races with so many damn candidates that they had to split their debates into 2 or 3 of them at a time. The good candidates could not get any traction. Plus, putting Trump center stage and giving him overwhelmingly more air time for debate #1 was a nail in the coffin for everyone else: Cruz, Paul, Rubio. Tell me that was not an intentional made-for-TV ratings move.

I said before, Trump's best role would've been king-maker and not king. While the midterms proved that Trump's influence turned out to be more negative than positive to several of his favored candidates, his backing of the eventual GOP presidential candidate would've returned different results on the national stage, I think, and get the MAGA votes while a DeSantis type, who along with executive-level leadership experience and strength in policy, could get both the independent votes and the moderate (think old blue dog) democrat votes. But now we'll have to deal with months more of the circus.

Last edited:
I don't care for the G.O.P.
I identify as conservative. I know my vote doesn't matter so, why waste time and energy arguing who will divide which party?

It just doesn't matter.

I went trap shooting last night. There were only about 10 guys there as it was pretty cold and windy and a lot are off at bear camp. Anyway, among those guys I'm not sure Trump would get a vote. They won't vote Democrat for sure, but he crossed a line I think coming after Desantis. They were all saying they will vote for someone else in the primaries. Now a lot will depend on who else runs and all that...a lot can change between now and then. But people are just pissed off at it all.

I went trap shooting last night. There were only about 10 guys there as it was pretty cold and windy and a lot are off at bear camp. Anyway, among those guys I'm not sure Trump would get a vote. They won't vote Democrat for sure, but he crossed a line I think coming after Desantis. They were all saying they will vote for someone else in the primaries. Now a lot will depend on who else runs and all that...a lot can change between now and then. But people are just pissed off at it all.
People know what he is, and I think they just want someone else. They've seen the Trump show and while they like the policies, they are tired of the face of the circus that comes with it.

Plus, I think people are just getting tired of the tone of politics in the nation period, regardless of whether Trump is involved or not.

My wife believes he's too divisive.

I pointed out that he's PORTRAYED as divisive, but that's by the maniacally divisive left.

Nonetheless... The won it all in 20 and it doesn't matter anymore.

We are ruled by an elite aristocracy that is now able to freely move us toward utter dependence on the state.

In 10 to 15 years, we won't have ANY retirement. If our kids don't take care of us, we're ******.

I pointed out that he's PORTRAYED as divisive, but that's by the maniacally divisive left.

We are ruled by an elite aristocracy that is now able to freely move us toward utter dependence on the state.

In 10 to 15 years, we won't have ANY retirement. If our kids don't take care of us, we're ******.

As long as my state of Florida remains free I'm good. I can chill and watch the dumbshits burn their **** to the ground. If this place goes and Texas goes. We're truly ******.

As long as my state of Florida remains free I'm good. I can chill and watch the dumbshits burn their **** to the ground. If this place goes and Texas goes. We're truly ******.
Montana and Wyoming continue to hold the line along with Idaho.

You need no further proof that the Senate GOP reelected Mitch as minority leader.

You need no further proof that the Senate GOP reelected Mitch as minority leader.
Put together with our media and ya have yourselves a gall-darned hootenanny.

U70BTMW.jpg

And we must remember that age old quote that foresees our future

bEyrlON.png

This is a hoe down. Not a hootenanny. What's the difference you ask? The players in a hootenanny don't get paid. They might be amateurs. The players in a hoe down are paid!

When you live in Texas these words matter!