• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump wanted tanks & missiles for inauguration parade

RollRed

Reaction score
I read several articles that reported Trump wanted his inauguration parade to look like one of those old school Soviet Union parades that I remember growing up. You know the ones I mean... Leonid Brezhnev and the politburo standing on a platform while tanks and missiles roll past... giant banners with pictures of Lenin on them waving behind them... I'm sure Trump wanted banners with himself on them... Since this story isn't flattering to the prez, I'm sure you guys will say it's made up, which it very well might be.... but tell me this doesn't sound like something he would want.

At Bill Clinton's first inauguration, political aide Ron Silver was incensed that fighter planes did a flyover. Dems being the anti-military party and all. Another aide said to him, "Ron, those are OUR planes now."
One of my favorite Libtard stories.

At Bill Clinton's first inauguration, political aide Ron Silver was incensed that fighter planes did a flyover. Dems being the anti-military party and all. Another aide said to him, "Ron, those are OUR planes now."
One of my favorite Libtard stories.

I thought he was a republican?

I read several articles that reported Trump wanted his inauguration parade to look like one of those old school Soviet Union parades that I remember growing up. You know the ones I mean... Leonid Brezhnev and the politburo standing on a platform while tanks and missiles roll past... giant banners with pictures of Lenin on them waving behind them... I'm sure Trump wanted banners with himself on them... Since this story isn't flattering to the prez, I'm sure you guys will say it's made up, which it very well might be.... but tell me this doesn't sound like something he would want.

That would have been cool, but what I would have wanted something with a little more funk.

Last edited:

oimCQlndn6KPe.gif

****, maybe this might even be better RollRed
These Korean women in uniform turn me the **** on.

I heard Hildabeast would have had a live reenactment of that moohamed video that set those wonderful sweet folks off in Benghazi...ahhh 4 years of commie style pantsuit attire missed out on...so bummed.

****, maybe this might even be better RollRed
These Korean women in uniform turn me the **** on.

That genetic pool doesn't alter much. I bet those people would turn on those asshats running the show if given the proper motivation and support.

I heard Hildabeast would have had a live reenactment of that moohamed video that set those wonderful sweet folks off in Benghazi...ahhh 4 years of commie style pantsuit attire missed out on...so bummed.

That would have been awesome.... it's a shame our elections are decided by some cockamamie electoral college bullshit instead of just giving it to the person with the most votes. Seems pretty obvious to me. What difference does it make what state I live in when voting in a national election? More Americans wanted her to be president rather than him.... by an enormous margin. Makes no sense.

Who knows what to believe anymore? The media runs breathlessly to report something that "they heard" (you know, no evidence or anything) and then in the next breath call somebody a liar for doing the exact same thing. All I can say is if it was true, I hope their second stop was to be CNN headquarters.

That would have been awesome.... it's a shame our elections are decided by some cockamamie electoral college bullshit instead of just giving it to the person with the most votes. Seems pretty obvious to me. What difference does it make what state I live in when voting in a national election? More Americans wanted her to be president rather than him.... by an enormous margin. Makes no sense.

By using a popular election rather than the electoral college, the whole nation would be beholden to what New York and California want, basically. I know in liberal fairy tale world that is utopia. For the rest of us, it sucks. Makes perfect sense. The electoral college is genius.

You lost. Get over it.

If Hillary had won the electoral college and lost the popular vote, all these libs would be talking about how smart the Framers were.

Reactions: BAS

link? you say "several articles" - so we need "several links" or this thread will be deleted, RollSnowflakeRed

More individuals may have voted for Clinton, but the vast majority of communities voted for Trump.
If their positions were reversed, you would be defending the electoral college to the death.

Except that both candidates - REPEAT, BOTH OF THEM - played by the rules and went after the 18 states that were close. Neither candidate looked to pick up votes in states they had locked in or focused on the popular vote because it NEVER MATTERED.

And in the states where the contest was in doubt, Trump stomped Clinton:

Florida - Trump
North Carolina - Trump
Ohio - Trump
Michigan - Trump
Wisconsin - Trump
Pennsylvania - Trump
Missouri - Trump
Iowa - Trump
Arizona - Trump
Texas - Trump
Utah - Trump
Georgia - Trump

Virginia - Clinton
Colorado - Clinton
Nevada - Clinton
New Mexico - Clinton
Minnesota - Clinton
New Hampshire - Clinton

Trump won 12 of the 18 contested states. That's 2/3 for the math-impaired. He won, won the states he needed plus some, won states he supposedly was not going to win, won the electoral count handily, won rust belt states that Clinton supposedly had locked up, and is the President.

You want to change the rules after your candidate lost, and say popular vote matters. If the popular vote mattered, and if both candidates focused on the popular vote, and if the votes then favored one candidate over another, you would have an argument.

But it doesn't, it never did, neither candidate cared about the popular vote or campaigned to win the popular vote, so your argument is plainly, palpably, inarguably invalid.

Then you are reading fake news.