• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's call to a Gold Star Widow

Hopefully, one of these two, the congresswoman or Trump, will provide the proof. I won't hold my breath waiting for either.

He already did it to the Khans Sarge, is that not telling you what we are dealing with here? You are probably operating under the assumption that Trump would learn and wisen up from previous experiences....ahhh...no. His ego takes precedent over whatever rational thoughts he may have.

There are many reasons as to why Tillerson called him a moron.

Maybe he did say it like that, but didn't mean it to be disrespecting, but it came across that way. We all know words can be misinterpreted or taken the wrong way. Then again, knowing his way with words, who knows? For his sake and the window and her family's sake, I hope what he said was comforting or his intentions were in a good place.

That's what you hope for. Like I said, I hope it isn't true. He could very well have meant one thing and said something completely off the chains. It happens, especially when you are searching for the right words. But if it is true that he didn't remember the Soldier's name? That is unforgivable. I mean, write the info down or something. I don't know. I can see it both ways I guess. Considering his track record, this isn't so hard to believe.

That's what you hope for. Like I said, I hope it isn't true. He could very well have meant one thing and said something completely off the chains. It happens, especially when you are searching for the right words. But if it is true that he didn't remember the Soldier's name? That is unforgivable. I mean, write the info down or something. I don't know. I can see it both ways I guess. Considering his track record, this isn't so hard to believe.

Oh, I agree. It's not like he has a crazy Polish, Russian or Italian name. It's Johnson, for crying out loud. If he can't remember that then shame on him.

Maybe he did say it like that, but didn't mean it to be disrespecting, but it came across that way. We all know words can be misinterpreted or taken the wrong way. Then again, knowing his way with words, who knows? For his sake and the window and her family's sake, I hope what he said was comforting or his intentions were in a good place.

Yeah ,ask the Khans how comforting his words are.......putz.

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I've Made a Lot of Sacrifices'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-father-fallen-soldier-ive-made-lot/story?id=41015051

It's ALWAYS ABOUT TRUMP..ALL THE TIME...of course he has to outdo a dead soldier and his father...of course he is greater AT EVERYTHING, even sacrifice.

Some of you Trumptards are as sick as your Dear Leader, and I don't say that as a joke

Five time deferment Donald has shown he thinks he is above the military and it’s members and is quick to condescend, this is just the most recent example.

He thinks he is above EVERYONE

the Khan's were exploited and used for gain by Hillary.

If Trump said this in the way that the widow and his parents interpreted it, then I have no defense for him. I doubt that he was meaning to be insensitive and while we have no actual facts of what was said, or even how it was said, we do know that Trump can and does rub people the wrong way. No matter what he says or does.

With that said, there was no reason for him -- or anyone -- to ever add "he knew what he signed up for". It can be taken as cold-hearted, insensitive and shallow.

If Trump said this in the way that the widow and his parents interpreted it, then I have no defense for him. I doubt that he was meaning to be insensitive and while we have no actual facts of what was said, or even how it was said, we do know that Trump can and does rub people the wrong way. No matter what he says or does.

With that said, there was no reason for him -- or anyone -- to ever add "he knew what he signed up for". It can be taken as cold-hearted, insensitive and shallow.

Trumptard.

There's no question Hillary used the Khan's, and they allowed themselves to be used. Still, no need to go to war with them. They are a gold star family, and even if they stand on the stage and straight up call you an *******, you have to restrain yourself. They may have been used by the politician, even willingly, but the optics are still awful. No matter what Trump may or may not have sacrificed, he didn't sacrifice what that family did.

The problem with this most recent incident with a gold star family is context. Without a recorded conversation, it is hard to know how he said it. Could be like Spike said, or how the media is portraying it. Without that context, it just looks bad, sounds bad and is bad.

There's no question Hillary used the Khan's, and they allowed themselves to be used. Still, no need to go to war with them. They are a gold star family, and even if they stand on the stage and straight up call you an *******, you have to restrain yourself. They may have been used by the politician, even willingly, but the optics are still awful. No matter what Trump may or may not have sacrificed, he didn't sacrifice what that family did.

The problem with this most recent incident with a gold star family is context. Without a recorded conversation, it is hard to know how he said it. Could be like Spike said, or how the media is portraying it. Without that context, it just looks bad, sounds bad and is bad.

screw that, let's just condemn someone without getting their side. Burn him at the stake, no trial. Just tar, feather and hang him in the street while we are at it. Don't want to be accused of being a Trumptard for wanting to hear the full story, do we?

screw that, let's just condemn someone without getting their side. Burn him at the stake, no trial. Just tar, feather and hang him in the street while we are at it. Don't want to be accused of being a Trumptard for wanting to hear the full story, do we?

Here is the full story.

CW Wilson: Trump said this.

POTUS: No I didn't.

CW Wilson: You are a liar, I was there.

POTUS: You are liar. I didn't say that. I have proof. You'll see. Just wait.

CW Wilson: I have proof too.

That is basically it. I mean, aside from the dead Soldiers family saying it went down the way the Congresswoman said. I mean who could trust them?

Like I said: They both claim to have proof. I am not gonna hold my breath waiting to hear / see it.

I'm guessing he probably didn't mean it the way it sounded, but it sounds exactly like something he would say. He's a dumbass.

That said, unless there's a recording or something, it was heard over a speakerphone in a car and no one involved seems to have the ability to directly quote his exact words, so who knows what he actually said.

Sarge---I cant give you enough "Likes" on this thread!

I share your opinions and statements on this issue 100% sir.

Why is this particular report so surprising to anyone?
Haven't those of you that want to poke holes in this incident, been watching and listening to the POTUS, or even before he was elected during the campaign?

I guess you either accept Trump with all his warts and blemishes, and prepare for the next episode, or your like me and just watch and listen and think WTF!

More fake news hysteria. General Kelly was right there when Trump made the call and said that nothing inappropriate was said. BTW, Obama didn’t call General Kelly when his son was killed in battle and how many Generals had funerals where not only didn’t Obama attend, but he didn’t even send a representative. Libtards are such hypocrites.

Hands up don't shoot was true as well, until it wasn't. I don't belive the MSM at all anymore, and I also believe these Black Caucus looneytoons are not beyond concocting a hysteria for political gain. Just listen to that Al Green and Auntie Maxine James Brown. Circus clowns.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Say what you want about him...and probably a lot will be true, I just can't believe that even he would be that disrespectful to someone who died for his country. With the hatred for him, I can see this being twisted. What if he said "He knew what he was signing up for, but was patriotic enough to take that risk", but the media / opposition left off the last part to create the issue. Not saying that's what happened, but I wouldn't doubt it one bit.
On the other hand, it just may have come out wrong. He has a habit of that.

"He knew what he signed up for"

If he did indeed say that phrase, there is always different tones of speaking and context to alter the meaning of the phrase. For example.

1- "Too bad what happened but, . He knows what he signed up for This stuff happens."

2- "He was a great man. He knew what he signed up for and faced the risks bravely. He was a hero."

But we don't know if or how it was said . Until someone comes forward with a recording, I assume everyone that hates Trump will continue to do so. And if you support Trump you will continue as well.

Say what you want about him...and probably a lot will be true, I just can't believe that even he would be that disrespectful to someone who died for his country. With the hatred for him, I can see this being twisted. What if he said "He knew what he was signing up for, but was patriotic enough to take that risk", but the media / opposition left off the last part to create the issue. Not saying that's what happened, but I wouldn't doubt it one bit.
On the other hand, it just may have come out wrong. He has a habit of that.
Good timing..lol I was thinking the same way.

Sounds familiar

FLASHBACK: Obama Told Police That Risking Their Lives Was Part Of ‘Job You Signed Up For’

"The job you signed up for is not easy. It can mean long shifts and late nights. It demands focus, and determination, and great bravery in the face of unknown dangers. When you run into that building or chase down that suspect, you will be risking your own life in order to protect the lives of men and women you have never met, and some that you may never know. But you knew all that when you joined the academy. You knew the risks involved, you knew the sacrifices required, and yet you stood up and said, ‘I’ll take that risk. I’ll make that sacrifice. I will do that job.’

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/18/f...heir-lives-was-part-of-job-you-signed-up-for/

"He knew what he signed up for"

If he did indeed say that phrase, there is always different tones of speaking and context to alter the meaning of the phrase. For example.

1- "Too bad what happened but, . He knows what he signed up for This stuff happens."

2- "He was a great man. He knew what he signed up for and faced the risks bravely. He was a hero."

But we don't know if or how it was said . Until someone comes forward with a recording, I assume everyone that hates Trump will continue to do so. And if you support Trump you will continue as well.

This is all true, but in Trump style he made a mountain out of a molehill. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say it came out wrong or people took it the wrong way. He could simply apologize and say something like "he did not mean disrespect and is very sorry if they took it that way and how the soldier was a hero etc etc." Instead he goes into attack mode attacking everyone under the sun about it. Just 0 maturity, respect, and heart.

Sounds familiar

FLASHBACK: Obama Told Police That Risking Their Lives Was Part Of ‘Job You Signed Up For’

"The job you signed up for is not easy. It can mean long shifts and late nights. It demands focus, and determination, and great bravery in the face of unknown dangers. When you run into that building or chase down that suspect, you will be risking your own life in order to protect the lives of men and women you have never met, and some that you may never know. But you knew all that when you joined the academy. You knew the risks involved, you knew the sacrifices required, and yet you stood up and said, ‘I’ll take that risk. I’ll make that sacrifice. I will do that job.’

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/18/f...heir-lives-was-part-of-job-you-signed-up-for/

Hypocrisy Lives Matter continues to step in **** and make themselves look like complete hateful morons.

Sounds familiar

This is a little different than privately calling a grieving family member saying well he knew the risks.

I watched Wilson on an interview this morning (I think it was from yesterday). When she was explaining what Trump said, she paused, stuttered, and then said "He said something like that" (referrring to the "you know what you signed up for" comment).

So even SHE doesn't know what he said....just that he said SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

I watched Wilson on an interview this morning (I think it was from yesterday). When she was explaining what Trump said, she paused, stuttered, and then said "He said something like that" (referrring to the "you know what you signed up for" comment).

So even SHE doesn't know what he said....just that he said SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

she's a **** stirrer and plays to her crowd. She's an assclown as much as Trump can be.

Sounds familiar

Really?

You're going to reach that far and try for equivalency with a statement that has Obama praising people for taking a job knowing that it could have a bad personal outcome, and comparing it to Trump blasting someone for taking a job that affected him personallyby taking a little time from him.

Pathetic.....absolutely pathetic.

Not only that, everyone here is focusing on those words as if that's all he said. I don't think so.