• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's great wall becomes trump's great stall

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
While Tibsy and the rest of the loony Libs spend all their time and energy trying to gin up more resistance and acrimony, we Trumpsters begin to mumble about the no.1 promise he made to us.

Time to put up or shut up Donald.

For those of us who were ecstatic the night Donald Trump was elected president, who watch election night videos over and over again, it used to be easy to defend him against the charge that he is just a BS-ing con man who would say anything to get elected.

It's getting harder.

Trump was our last chance. But he's spent two years not building the wall, not deporting illegals -- "INCREDIBLE KIDS!" -- and not ending the anchor baby scam.

Within 10 seconds of Trump's leaving office, there will be no evidence that he was ever president. Laws will be changed, executive orders rescinded, treaties re-written and courts packed.

Trump will leave no legacy at all. Only a wall is forever.

We had no choice. No one else was promising to save America.

"On day one, we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful southern border wall. We will use the best technology, including above- and below-ground sensors, that's the tunnels. Remember that: above and below. Towers, aerial surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall, find and dislocate tunnels and keep out criminal cartels ..." -- Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump

But then he signed a spending bill expressly prohibiting him from building any part of the wall.

"I will never sign another bill like this again. I'm not going to do it again." -- President Trump, after signing a spending bill that blocked any funding for a wall.

Today, eight months later, Trump is about to sign another spending bill that will give him no money for the wall.

Anyone want to bet me that he won't?

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-11-28.html

asylum.png

The scariest part of that article is...true dat !

Every day that Trump does not keep his promises on immigration, thousands of immigrants turn 18 and start block voting for the Democrats, while thousands of traditional Americans die off.

Florida and Texas are about five years away from turning solid blue. Trump was our last chance. After this, the country is never going to elect a Republican president again.

So the next time you watch one of those election night videos, remember: If Trump doesn't keep his immigration promises, Hillary might as well have won.

Trump will leave no legacy whatsoever. Without a wall, he will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble

JM8CmIc.png

I posted this in the winning thread. I think she nails it to a degree. I've said it 100 times, Trump talks. A lot. I think it is coming time to shut up, get off twitter, and do what people voted him in to do. I am feeling like re-election probably isn't in the cards anymore, so you might as well try and get as much done as you possibly can. That is, if you can find time for it between twitter and insulting the very people you appointed.

But you know, Trump gonna Trump. This is what I helped elect. Hope he gets this stuff done. Not gonna hold my breath though.

I don't see how it happens now that we won't have the House.

I posted this in the winning thread. I think she nails it to a degree. I've said it 100 times, Trump talks. A lot. I think it is coming time to shut up, get off twitter, and do what people voted him in to do. I am feeling like re-election probably isn't in the cards anymore, so you might as well try and get as much done as you possibly can. That is, if you can find time for it between twitter and insulting the very people you appointed.

But you know, Trump gonna Trump. This is what I helped elect. Hope he gets this stuff done. Not gonna hold my breath though.

LOL...8 minutes apart...... but yeah, time to get to gettin' Donald.

No more BS'n da peoples.

th

Did ya really think there is going to be a wall? I have always felt it was a far fetched idea. When he was arguing with Mexico who was going to pay for it, I thought it was a talking point that had a 50/50 chance of being built. I do agree that he should stop arguing on social media and put his phone down. He has a hot wife that I would be using my hands on, constantly.

Did ya really think there is going to be a wall? I have always felt it was a far fetched idea. When he was arguing with Mexico who was going to pay for it, I thought it was a talking point that had a 50/50 chance of being built. I do agree that he should stop arguing on social media and put his phone down. He has a hot wife that I would be using my hands on, constantly.

No, I never thought there was going to be a wall. I knew for a fact Mexico wasn't going to pay for it. I think her article speaks to a larger point though when it comes to Trump. He's kind of a whiner and he's running a circus. She said it.

Within 10 seconds of Trump's leaving office, there will be no evidence that he was ever president.
Sounds fantastic! Those ten seconds can't come soon enough.

I posted this in the winning thread. I think she nails it to a degree. I've said it 100 times, Trump talks. A lot. I think it is coming time to shut up, get off twitter, and do what people voted him in to do.
Do you really think after two years Trump will be anything other than what we've seen from him thus far? As they say, he hit his ceiling decades ago. He's nothing but a grouchy old man, set in his ways. He's a one-trick pony, this is his m.o. - the angry, beligerent tweets, the false promises, the scapegoating, the lies and deceptions. What you see is what you get. If you're looking for a shift in tactics, a change in approach, a different style of governance from Trump, I'm afraid you're going to be deeply disappointed.

While Trump deserves an A+ on tax cuts andthe supreme court, he didn't build his wall. It could be on his 2020 to do’s It could also come out of the Pentagon defense budget.

The main failure was the media lack of coverage on the problems caused by illegals. Put the camera on them. Show the faces and stores of the USA citizens who were victims. Then public attitude might chance.

Recently Trump has increased boarder security in terms of man power, and it’sworking. So maybe boarder security patrol is the answer for now.

Still he can use executive order power to build a wall in the high traffic areas. I hear one model wall is very difficult to scale. So put in 200 miles of it along California and Mexico boarder.

I don't think the wall hasn't been built yet due to lack of trying. He just hasn't figured out a way around the sissies in congress. And if he shuts down the border for very long some judge from the 9th with just open it back up. I think what he did wrong was tell the whole world that he was going to do something that is out of his control. Now the wall is not a new idea. Duncan Hunter Sr. wan't to build one 20 years ago but congress wouldn't give him the money. Sound familiar?

Just don't sign the spending bill until you do. Shut down the government. **** it. We will see just how little changes when non-essential workers are absent.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app
I hear you but I just don't think that is any leverage with this mob. They would love to blame that on Trump, and that includes the RINOs. If he had the full support of the Republicans, I'd say it is possible. As it is, he will have to buckle at some point and sign some piece of **** that gets sent up. Also, I was just reading that we haven't spent any significant part of the $1.6B previously passed for the wall, so that really hurts any argument about how badly it is needed.

I've never been as worried about an actual wall as I am about immigration reform. And I can't really fault Trump on that because he's doing everything in his power to keep border security and applying border laws on the front burner only to be torn down at every turn by Congress and activist judges.

The wall has and always been a figurative representation of a change in policy: no more looking the other way to illegal crossings at our southern border. I have to say Trump certainly isn't looking the other way (with or without a wall).

Trump's really only had one budget fight to date in his Presidency and I thought he was playing possum a bit on that one (intentionally losing to get other things). Since immigration/wall funding didn't happen, I think Trump is going to be much harder on the next budget fight. We will see. Whether he gets the funding or an actual immigration reform law before 2020 is probably the real question to be answered.

BUILD IT HIGH!

Border wall gates construction in Cameron County begins today

50b83046be8af.image.jpg

Contractors will begin building seven border wall gates today in Cameron County.

In a press release, CBP said the contract awarded is in the amount of $3,731,380 for seven gates with an additional option for four gates valued at $1,985,525 – or $519,719 per gate for 11 gates.

DHS announced it was waiving laws to fill in 11 gaps in the existing wall built in Cameron County more than a decade ago.

“The gates will be located off the U.S. International Boundary and Water Commission (IBWC) levee at the end of or along existing levee ramps,” CBP said in a press release. “Once installed, the gates will serve as a persistent impediment to smuggling organizations while still allowing river access for property owners, USBP, other local/state/federal officials, and local emergency responders.”

https://www.brownsvilleherald.com/n...cle_14ec0fd4-f42d-11e8-abe3-c34daada11c3.html

kpbs1-edit1-b2b37b24336ddb99cdd2332322f7ec84d8fd4f3d-s1100-c15.jpg

BUILD IT HIGH!
LOL two years in and jack **** is being built of Trump's delusional southern border wall. Ha ha, what a ******* jackass. Sold his supporters down the river, promised them a wall that existed only in his warped mind, and his dumbass supporters bought into it, hook, line and sinker.

So we have some minimal construction strengthening existing border fencing, hoorah. As any president would do, any other year or decade. Business as usual along the border, nothing happening there that's new or different than years past. Trump has lied to you from the very beginning, and you damn fools believed him. My heart bleeds for you.

I don’t understand why this thing isn’t at least half way built by now.... considering Mexico is picking up the tab. I mean if we had to pay for it, I could understand the delays... after all it takes time to figure out where you’re gonna get a couple billion dollars, but like I said, Mexico’s footin’ the bill... so what’s the hold up?

LOL two years in and jack **** is being built of Trump's delusional southern border wall. Ha ha, what a ******* jackass. Sold his supporters down the river, promised them a wall that existed only in his warped mind, and his dumbass supporters bought into it, hook, line and sinker.

So we have some minimal construction strengthening existing border fencing, hoorah. As any president would do, any other year or decade. Business as usual along the border, nothing happening there that's new or different than years past. Trump has lied to you from the very beginning, and you damn fools believed him. My heart bleeds for you.

How about 13 years and jackshit? How about $100 BILLION for a ******* train? Talk about delusional.. what a ******* jackass. Sold everybody on a fast choo choo train... So it looks like liberals aren't as white as snow when it comes to promising gold and delivering ****. What a bunch of commie ******* morons. Reminds me of the "Big Dig" in Boston. Bunch of liberals that can't manage ****. Was going to cost $2.1 BILLION and be finished in 1998 but ended up costing $22 BILLION and finishing in 2002. All this for one and a half MILES! YES... ONE AND A HALF ******* MILES! But the liberals bought it hook, line and sinker.. stupid liberals.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-hearing-20181129-story.html

How about 13 years and jackshit? How about $100 BILLION for a ******* train? Talk about delusional.. what a ******* jackass. Sold everybody on a fast choo choo train... So it looks like liberals aren't as white as snow when it comes to promising gold and delivering ****. What a bunch of commie ******* morons. Reminds me of the "Big Dig" in Boston. Bunch of liberals that can't manage ****. Was going to cost $2.1 BILLION and be finished in 1998 but ended up costing $22 BILLION and finishing in 2002. All this for one and a half MILES! YES... ONE AND A HALF ******* MILES! But the liberals bought it hook, line and sinker.. stupid liberals.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-hearing-20181129-story.html

I thought Bammy deported more Mexicans than any other President, therefore we didn't need a wall?

Sounds fantastic! Those ten seconds can't come soon enough.

You're going to be miserable for quite a while.

giphy.gif

I thought Bammy deported more Mexicans than any other President, therefore we didn't need a wall?

Bammy counted deportations differently than the administrations before him so he could look tough. They just sneak back over the border after he dropped them off anyway. Remember "Catch and release"...

BOOM!

U.S. top court snubs environmental challenge to Trump's border wall

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rebuffed a challenge by three conservation groups to the authority of President Donald Trump’s administration to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, a victory for Trump who has made the wall a centerpiece of his hardline immigration policies.

The justices’ declined to hear the groups’ appeal of a ruling by a federal judge in California rejecting their claims that the administration had pursued border wall projects without complying with applicable environmental laws. The groups are the Center for Biological Diversity, the Animal Legal Defense Fund and Defenders of Wildlife.

Their lawsuits said construction operations would harm plants, rare wildlife habitats, threatened coastal birds like the snowy plover and California gnatcatcher, and other species such as fairy shrimp and the Quino checkerspot butterfly.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...challenge-to-trumps-border-wall-idUSKBN1O21QI

President Trump insisted that Congress pass a budget with twenty-five billion in Mexican wall funding. If the Congress refuses to fund the wall in the budget, Trump is threatening to allow a U.S. government shutdown. That would force millions of federal workers to stop not working.

242230_image.jpg