• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's pledge to you

Stewey

Reaction score
On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.

Your thoughts...on whichever ones you want to comment on. There's quite a list here.

Agree? strongly agree? disagree? strongly disagree? not sure?

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
Agree

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
Not sure.

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
Agree

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
Agree

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
Strongly Agree

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Strongly agree
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
Agree

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Not sure

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
Disagree right now we rely on China

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
Agree

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
Strongly agree

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
Strongly agree

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure
Hell ******-a Strongly agree

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
Agree

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
1.Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
Strongly agree

2.End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
Agree

3.American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
Agree

4.School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
Agree

5.Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
Strongly agree

6.Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
Strongly agree

7.End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
Agree

8.Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
Not Sure

9.Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
Strongly agree

10.Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

I love Trumps enthusiasm, but I'm not sure he understand how tough this job of being president is going to be.

That's a lot to squeeze in 100 days IMO.

Based on that list he does understand the issues...something he didn't demonstrate so well during the campaign.

And don't fret Elfie, nothing in there about banning you guys with gender identity issues from using the girls restroom.

Last edited:
One more

Cw9JxlsXUAEmntq.jpg

I love Trumps enthusiasm, but I'm not sure he understand how tough this job of being president is going to be.

That's a lot to squeeze in 100 days IMO.

Based on that list he does understand the issues...something he didn't demonstrate so well during the campaign.

And don't fret Elfie, nothing in there about banning you guys with gender identity issues from using the girls restroom.

Lol you people don't have a clue as to how things work in Washington. If you think Limbaugh or Meet the Press has enlightened you, think again.

The way power is distributed in D.C. won't allow big shake ups like you think is going to happen.

Chump is going to dissapoint time and time again, and I will be here to LMAO.

Lol you people don't have a clue as to how things work in Washington. If you think Limbaugh or Meet the Press has enlightened you, think again.

The way power is distributed in D.C. won't allow big shake ups like you think is going to happen.

Lol, then what have you been losing your **** about for the past 6 months if he won't make any difference in Washington?. Sounds more like whistling past the graveyard.

I know exactly how things work in Washington..........Why I voted for Trump.

True he won't get all of it but if he gets us working towards it it's a start. Couple of things I want to change in this plan though:

Repeal the income tax and replace it with a 7% consumption based tax.

Repeal Bommacare and replace it with nothing. Pass a law that prohibits states from stopping employers and individuals from shopping for out of state based plans that meet their needs.

End the department of education and let people keep all their own tax money in state. There is no authority for the National government to be involved with education.

End the drug war. Stop telling people they are criminals for doing what they please with their own lives. Lower violent crime by concentrating on catching and incarcerating violent criminals.

Rebuild our military by pulling them back inside our own country and concentrate on defending us. Cut the defense budget by half.

Last edited:
Most important to me is getting rid of obama care, or at least remove the penalties. Whatever he replaces it with has to be better.

I am a little worried about his environmental ideas. Seems he has little regard for the planet. I don't want the US to turn into China where you can't even see out your window due to smog. I would rather concentrate on alternative energy and eliminate the dependency on oil.

Alot of things are going to be tough to get through, but if he even gets 1/3 of the stuff done, it should be considered a win.

why??????

OVBguB2.jpg

Rush had words of wisdom for us again yesterday.

"I want to take some time today to try to explain why I'm nervous and destroy some myths that seem to always pop up after elections about unity and crossing the aisle and working together and almost apologizing for winning."

"The pollsters didn't miss anything. They didn't get anything wrong. They just didn't tell us the truth about what they were seeing in these polls."

"So now we have all these riots going on, exactly as I predicted. And, folks, aside from these little snowflakes that are melting on campus today, the kids, all of these riots that you're seeing in New York and Philadelphia and Chicago and Los Angeles are bought and paid for. They are not real in terms of springing up genuinely and organically"

"Six million fewer Democrats showed up to vote for a person who thought she was going to be coronated, so loved and adored we were told she was by the Democrat Party. She had to steal her own nomination from Bernie Sanders. Folks, we are lied to every day by the Democrat Party, which is the media. We are lied to about how we are viewed in the country. We are lied to about how they are viewed. We are lied to about how the country loves their policies and loves them. We are lied to each and every day, and it is the daily soap opera that I have warned about and talked about that the media gets together and scripts, the daily narrative "

What's gonna happen the day Trump gets inaugurated? What is the left gonna do? They're not gonna just sit idly by and accept this and say, "Good fight. We gave it everything we had, but we lost." They're gonna do everything they can to undermine it. ACLU has already announced they're going to sue Trump. Folks, there is no desire for unity by the people on the left. It's a trap, it's a sucker play, and what makes me nervous is that we have Republicans who want to fall into that trap.

"So everything I predicted is coming true, except the lawsuits and recounts. That hasn't happened yet. It may not, but -- and it was easy to predict."

Any number of times where we've been victorious, the left, by rote, starts demanding unity, that we get rid of our differences, that we come together. But it always ends up being us that has to do it. They never have to change a damn thing about themselves, even and especially when they lose. No, it's all up to us to compromise, to unify, to do whatever it is so they won't be angry anymore, so their protesters can get off the streets and once again enjoy life.

"The time to unify is after we have forced them into surrender just like we did the Japanese in World War II. But the days of unifying with the losers because they're mad and we don't want the media saying mean things about us is over, they lost."

Why is there disunity in America in the first place?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...hese_calls_for_trump_to_unify_with_the_losers

By the way folks.....

XmOMrpa.png

My cousin thinks this plan is fascist. Does she even know the meaning of the word???

His main problem will be the Republicans in Congress who are still afraid of the Democrats.

I know exactly how things work in Washington..........Why I voted for Trump.

Yes I'm sure you have all your conspiracy ducks in a row. Just like the other guy with the Limbaugh post, like clockwork.

My cousin thinks this plan is fascist. Does she even know the meaning of the word???

Maybe she knows a little more history than you do, and thinks to herself something many people have pondered; "What if the good Germans had stopped Hitler before he had inertia?"

Really though I think Trump will be incompetent enough to not get too much done. The idea of delegating power(because he doesn't have a clue or a plan) will be constantly at odds with his ego and arrogance. The deer in the headights look when he met with Obama was very telling.

The left is over reacting.

Maybe she knows a little more history than you do, and thinks to herself something many people have pondered; "What if the good Germans had stopped Hitler before he had inertia?"

Really though I think Trump will be incompetent enough to not get too much done. The idea of delegating power(because he doesn't have a clue or a plan) will be constantly at odds with his ego and arrogance. The deer in the headights look when he met with Obama was very telling.

The left is over reacting.

Let's not forget at his core he is a Democrat. It's time for Ryan and McConnell to get somewhat snubbed because of the way Trumps psyche works.

He HAS to work with the minority Dems. That's why the meeting with Obama went on for so long.

That's why the first thing he announced in his victory speech was the infrastructure spending program, which was something Democrats wanted.

Like I said i'll be LMAO

His main problem will be the Republicans in Congress who are still afraid of the Democrats.

WTF? Afraid of the Democrats. Good one. They are clearly not even slightly afraid and haven't been. They have shitted on the President for years even when he accomplished things they otherwise would agree with and have not done their job for the last 4 years. They have a majority and they can care less whether Democrats are involved or not. They can operate this way because not only do they not have to appeal to different demographics like Democrats do, but a large chunk of the Democrats base just voted for Trump so there's nothing for them to do but move forward confidently.

Let's not forget at his core he is a Democrat. It's time for Ryan and McConnell to get somewhat snubbed because of the way Trumps psyche works.

He HAS to work with the minority Dems. That's why the meeting with Obama went on for so long.

That's why the first thing he announced in his victory speech was the infrastructure spending program, which was something Democrats wanted.

Like I said i'll be LMAO

My take on Trump is that he is more of a pragmatist than a Republican or Democrat and is more interested in what works than what goes with any particular ideology.

WTF? Afraid of the Democrats. Good one. They are clearly not even slightly afraid and haven't been. They have shitted on the President for years even when he accomplished things they otherwise would agree with and have not done their job for the last 4 years. They have a majority and they can care less whether Democrats are involved or not. They can operate this way because not only do they not have to appeal to different demographics like Democrats do, but a large chunk of the Democrats base just voted for Trump so there's nothing for them to do but move forward confidently.
1. You obviously haven't been paying attention the last eight years.
2. The Republicans haven't stopped Bomma from doing anything. One reason why Trump won and some leading Republicans got bounced in the primaries the last few years.
3. You're a moron who believes everything the Democrat party tells you.

Last edited:
Start here - he can't possibly do ALL that and he shouldn't even try. If he wants to have any modicum of success he needs to focus on things he "may" be able to succeed at. So, isolate and focus...

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
but make sure you also extend that to the Senate. That will probably do more to fix American government than anything else you could possibly do combined.

Then I'm a big fan here.
SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

These all go together...
FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Rather than just go full on crazy and throw the baby out with the bath-water, this is a "wiser" approach. Covers all your bases and gives you an opportunity to go as far or as short as you need to go to fix the problems.
FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

The sooner we start using our OWN natural resources the sooner we'll start seriously considering the need to get into alternative fuels AND we'll also reduce our reliance on middle eastern oil and influence Total win here.
FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

This simply has to be done. Get a conservative in who isn't going to completely change the world, but tip the scales to the more conservative side.
SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

I just don't understand why so many people are so determined to retain illegal immigrants for so long in the country. Please, come visit. Then go home. It's a great place to visit but we can't have you living here... Go home, get a visa, come back apply for citizenship if you like it so well...
FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

Yes, PLEASE get large businesses to BRING BACK THEIR EMPLOYEES. Whatever needs to be done, cut taxes on large business, but do so with the caveat that they MUST invest those breaks in local facilities and employees. That investment will then go back into American employment and purchase dollars (and yes, taxes...)
End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

Look! A plan to create revenue to improve infrastructure. Done properly it may even intelligently "boondoggle" some jobs for people while providing a necessary service. But it's a revenue GENERATING boondoggle.
American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

Maybe she knows a little more history than you do, and thinks to herself something many people have pondered; "What if the good Germans had stopped Hitler before he had inertia?".

My family was there and recognized the danger. Too many wanted to believe Hitler's agenda which in no way resembles Trump's. The things Trump is saying about immigration could've been taken directly from a Bill Clinton speech twenty years ago.

There are a lot of really good ideas in here. More than I've heard from any Republican in at least 20 years or a lot of establishment Democrats as well. This outsider thing just might work out for Trump if he can avoid getting pulled down by establishment Republicans. Unfortunately this also means that he will allow them to suffocate, suppress, and target specific demographics policy wise just to make some deals.

The deer in the headights look when he met with Obama was very telling.

Oh, you mean this?

_92390082_hi036326348.jpg

1600417_630x354.jpg

_92389381_trump_reu.jpg

donald-trump-white-house-barack-obama-hoS.png

You are a hilarious, lying douchebag. It is bizarre how you repeatedly accuse conservatives on this forum of "parroting [fill in the blank]," while using debunked bullshit from left-wing sites.

In fact, I recommend that others on this forum do what I do, and take your accusation and run it through Google. Surprise!! The exact same **** appeared 24 hours earlier on one of those rag sites like the Daily Kommunist.

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
Disagree, it is the people who are too lazy to vote these ******* out.

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
Not sure.

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
Seems silly. A REAL review of regulations and ditching a ton would be a better option

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
Disagree, IMO, creates situations that cause lack of transparency and inhibits a person's freedom to work in the manner in which they choose. They won't be "lobbyist", they will be "consultants" who consult with lobbying firms.

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
See above

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Strongly agree
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
Agree

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Absolutely no agreement until vetted before the public. Too much secrecy

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
Agree

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
Agree

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
Strongly agree

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
Strongly agree

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
Agree

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
1.Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
Strongly agree

2.End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
Agree

3.American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
Agree

4.School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
Agree

5.Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
Strongly agree

6.Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
Disagree. There are already FSA's for childcare. I don't know if it can be used for Elder care, but if it cannot, add that to the plan's already available. no need for a whole NEW plan with thousands of pages of more regulations. Where do the matching contributions come from? Your pocket. No thanks.

7.End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
Agree

8.Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
Not Sure

9.Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
Strongly agree

10.Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
Hell ******-a Strongly agree.

The best way to remove the influence of special interest is to remove the amount of spending by the federal government.