• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trumps speech tonight

Name one thing Obama did that Republicans supported.... just one. This is how our government operates now. Don’t act like the democrats are the only ones that blindly oppose anything that comes from the other side.

Obamacrap got passed didn't it ?

I guess for me, I don't understand why it has to be an either-or thing. I mean, I understand it from the Democrat perspective--oppose all things Trump. That is where their opposition comes from. That has been obvious for two years.

Anyone that thinks a wall won't help is delusional. Is it an end all be all? No, our immigration system is far worse off than that. There needs to be more agents at the border, electronic surveillance, the works. Once you get that, you need to start rounding up the people over-staying visa's and help them find their way home.

Trump's problem, is that he is focused on the border, when he should be speaking to the nation's immigration problems as a whole. When you focus solely on the border, the Dems can yell racist all day long.

Trump needs to lay out a plan to tackle the problems in the immigration system as a whole. I think you lay it out asking for bi-partisan support, get congressional leaders together and get it done. You can't set policy through twitter. I applaud him going on TV to address this issue, but in my opinion, his vision was so narrow, he came up woefully short.

The problem here is that these mass "comprehensive reform" bills end up being a thousand or so pages and get filled with a whole lot of **** that just doesn't matter. The right way to do it is to attack it piecemeal. Thing1 one issue is a problem and Resolution1 is how it gets fixed. Thing2 is a different problem and Resolution2 is how it gets fixed. This mishmash bullshit of "comprehensive" gets to be "incomprehensible".

EVERYONE knows that border security would be better with a few items: Physical barriers, more border agents (or military presence), more electronic surveillance and stopping the catch and release bullshit. Catch them, take them back to their side, then release is the way to go

EVERYONE knows that we can enforce the laws here more adequately on stopping employers from hiring illegals and deporting those who are caught working here illegally. We also have the technology to track people here on visas and deport them the day the visa expires and to keep people out who are not properly vetted. Oh, and stop funding "sanctuary" cities. If you direct your police force to not work with the federal agencies, you don't get grants to subsidize your police force.

There is no reason these can't be addressed separately by congress other than the Dems refuse to work with anyone that gets rid of their new voters.

Reactions: JMM
I gotta be honest. I think people on the left give Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter too much credit. They are conservative political pundits, not unlike those you see on CNN, MSNBC, etc. They give their opinion. Agree or don't. I'm not sure how much political sway they actually have.

Yeah, it is a copout bullshit. People don't listen to those to get opinions on what to believe, they listen to get a little relief from the non-sense spouted by so called "journalists". Plus Limbaugh is funny. Hannity and Coulter, not so much, but I have seen her be funny.

The thing that stood out was his constant sniffing, that was back again, must have hit the Adderall rails xtra hard.

Noticed that too, like every few seconds he had to take a noticeably deep breath. Yeah, something's a bit off there.

The Pens won last night, THAT was good TV. Not wasting my time listening to any of them. Let me know when a compromise is made.

It's especially telling Congress had a bipartisan immigration deal worked out last year with $25 billion for border security, which was not good enough for Trump cause he couldn't put his name on a stupid wall.

This has never been about border security for him. He doesn't have two coherent thoughts about this. He's carrying out the far-right racist Stephen Miller's policies and, on a lesser note, thinks he has to build a wall to make his base happy. Nowhere in there is a shred of common sense, cooperation, negotiating, compromise on an issue important to all Americans. You hire an unhinged and easily-triggered train conductor, don't be surprised when it results in an inevitable trainwreck.

I keep hearing this sales pitch from the left that they are just as concerned with border security and fixing immigration, they just disagree with a wall and forcing immigrants to go through a legal process before entering the country.

OK, then please tell us this smart liberal plan for immigration. They are against a wall and against ICE so when Dems talk about money for "border security" where does that money go?

I keep hearing this sales pitch from the left that they are just as concerned with border security and fixing immigration, they just disagree with a wall and forcing immigrants to go through a legal process before entering the country.

OK, then please tell us this smart liberal plan for immigration. They are against a wall and against ICE so when Dems talk about money for "border security" where does that money go?

Unions and environmentalist organizations

Reactions: xjx
It's especially telling Congress had a bipartisan immigration deal worked out last year with $25 billion for border security, which was not good enough for Trump cause he couldn't put his name on a stupid wall.

Yes, it's very telling that they will spend billions and billions on just about anything but they won't give Trump the small victory of building the wall. Telling indeed.

This has never been about border security for him. He doesn't have two coherent thoughts about this. He's carrying out the far-right racist Stephen Miller's policies and, on a lesser note, thinks he has to build a wall to make his base happy. Nowhere in there is a shred of common sense, cooperation, negotiating, compromise on an issue important to all Americans. You hire an unhinged and easily-triggered train conductor, don't be surprised when it results in an inevitable trainwreck.

It's telling that the Democrats' proposal would dole out the $25 billion over 10 years. Now... in their minds, they were hoping to take back both the Senate and House in 2018, and the Presidency in 2020, so they could then squash the wall funding at any time after that.

Yes, it's very telling that they will spend billions and billions on just about anything but they won't give Trump the small victory of building the wall. Telling indeed.

And the thing is, it's a victory for ALL tax-paying Americans. They're being overrun down there and they need more resources for everything i.e. agents, medical personnel and a damn wall.

I agree with everything you said except for that. There are good reasons to believe a wall won't help all that much. Tunnels, for one. Ladders. The border is almost 2000 miles long. A large number of illegal immigrants come here legally on visas and don't leave. Drugs are brought in through legal entry points, concealed in vehicles, produce, etc. Or sent over border fences using catapults or dropped by drones or light aircraft. Where there's a will there's a way as they say.

I'm not saying it won't reduce border problems at all. But eliminate them? Hardly. Will it help 5 billion dollars worth? Over the long haul probably. Is it something I see as urgently, desperately needed? Not really.

At least people who have come legally and over-stayed their visas were, at one point, vetted by the State Department as part of applying for their initial visa. We have no idea what kind of monsters are crossing the unguarded, open border to our south. I find it hard to believe that the polling you mentioned is accurate, or honestly gathered. How could anyone in their right mind be against a physical barrier at the border? A border that is constantly abused and violated? That would be like you walking around Supe's house without any pants on.

On a side note...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adderall is an amphetamine which makes your pupils dilate. This is a person sitting in front of bright TV lights whose pupils should be contracted.<br><br>Side effects of Adderall addiction include aggression, memory loss, mania, impulsivity and disorientation. <a href="https://t.co/VYrn9WDNpX">pic.twitter.com/VYrn9WDNpX</a></p>— Mikel Jollett (@Mikel_Jollett) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1083008720601141249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:pound:

The obsession with everything about this guy is frightening. He's like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Lucifer & Beelzebub (I know the last two are considered the same, just using some hyperbole) wrapped into one.

Tibs, you should start a campaign to impeach based on Adderall addiction.

He's like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Lucifer & Beelzebub wrapped into one.
You said it, not me.

Tibs, you should start a campaign to impeach based on Adderall addiction.
Nah, there are enough reasons already to consider impeachment, and I'm afraid it will only get worse for Trump from here on. The fact he may very well be a speed freak just helps explain some of his bizarre, erratic behavior. Clearly it's no concern to his base and the GOP that the President may be a chronic amphetamine junkie. Makes sense given how they've enabled him through this whole, hot mess. The thinking must be, push the pedal to the metal and let the world burn, there's no going back now.

On a side note...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adderall is an amphetamine which makes your pupils dilate. This is a person sitting in front of bright TV lights whose pupils should be contracted.<br><br>Side effects of Adderall addiction include aggression, memory loss, mania, impulsivity and disorientation. <a href="https://t.co/VYrn9WDNpX">pic.twitter.com/VYrn9WDNpX</a></p>— Mikel Jollett (@Mikel_Jollett) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1083008720601141249?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh, Jesus Tibs. I try not to put people down on a personal level because of differing viewpoints, but when you start grasping at straws like this, you are making a total fool of yourself.

You said it, not me.

Nah, there are enough reasons already to consider impeachment, and I'm afraid it will only get worse for Trump from here on. The fact he may very well be a speed freak just helps explain some of his bizarre, erratic behavior. Clearly it's no concern to his base and the GOP that the President may be a chronic amphetamine junkie. Makes sense given how they've enabled him through this whole, hot mess. The thinking must be, push the pedal to the metal and let the world burn, there's no going back now.

So what's really changed since Trump? Besides the massive psychological breakdown of the Left & MSM since he's taken office. I just heard U.S. wages rose 3.12% last month, the highest increase since April of 2009. Trump's not waging any wars, the economy is humming along, all of our rights are still intact, so what exactly is burning?

No wars? He hasn’t gotten us into a war? You better check again, cause all the libs told me...no doubt, he would get us into a war.

On a side note...

Lolz!

The left trots utter hogwash out but ignored the Hildebeast fainting in public constantly. This is comical to me.

The left trots utter hogwash out but ignored the Hildebeast fainting in public constantly. This is comical to me.

No ****, good point.

From the twitterverse

DwcH7qHXQAAYy1s.jpg:large

Grant-Wood-American-Gothic-Google-Art-Project-ns-r-s.jpg

700y.jpg

On a side note...

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1083008720601141249"></twitter-widget>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A new low.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.8f9047c344e062fa7c7ada2fa8332f75.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelernationforums.com&settingsEndpoint=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.twitter.com%2Fsettings" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Was just listening to Michael Savage and he thought Trump hit a home run last night, so case closed.:whistle1:

But seriously, Savage is pretty independent-minded and he explained that the moderate tone he thought Trump set would appeal to the masses more than anything, more than if he went all typical Trump in your face style.

That's why there's no real substance to any rebuttals, only pupil and Adderall experts. I listened to it again and he was trying to catch his breath after just about every couple sentences at about halfway through which makes you wonder about his health, but whoever wrote that speech is damn good IMO.

A new low.

Tibs' TDS has really taken him to some low places. The sun will rise tomorrow and the world isn't going to burn, as has been evidenced the past 2 years. It will be okay.

Lolz!

tenor.gif

Can you imagine if that was Trump and the hysteria it would cause? Impeachment based on being a looney the minute it went viral.